Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Hi All,

Peace be with you and yours.
I was wondering if any of you felt in a special way the importance of the seeming conclusion to the war in Iraq just as we are entering into the Passion of Christ? I couldn't help but notice this because there's suddenly a shift from extreme war activity to preparation for reconstruction and reorganization of the government and way of the life of the people to include freedom. I also saw this as a time of forgiveness and compassion especially where past persecutions are concerned. Is it possible our prayers (our Holy Rosaries) have indeed stopped this war or am I wearing rose-colored glasses and being overly hopeful.

GO WITH GOD!
By MarysChild2000
Hi,
First I don't think you can ever be too hopeful - we are a people of hope.
Second, I do think our prayers are being answered but we must continue to pray. We need to pray that the people of Irag - all the people - Muslims and Christians alike will be able to live together peacefully. I pray that Irag will not become an Islamic State, where Christians are not allowed to practice their faith. You don't hear about it much, but I read somewhere that 3% of the population there are Christians. We must continue to pray for the reconstruction of that country, that it will be a free country for all and for the countries around the mideast. We need to continue to pray that all mankind will learn to accept one another - because we are all brothers and sisters - whether Muslims or Christians. Jesus died on the Cross for all of us. May our children see a true and lasting peace in that region of the world.
God bless you all!
PRAY THE ROSARY DAILY FOR PEACE EVERYWHERE
By MedjAdmin
In one of my interviews with Ivan, he said that the greatest danger today is that mankind can so easily destroy itself. He also said that today like never before we are witnessing a battle between good and evil, between Satan and God. But he is so sure that if people pray and follow Our Lady's messages, Heaven will prevail. I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it, but it really is quite an interesting time parallel between the liberation of the Iraqi people and Easter. I don't see any reason why believers can't think that prayers played a part in this miracle. I hope and pray that Christians will have freedom of worship in Iraq as they do in America; it is interesting to note that Saddam's deputy prime minister, Tariq Aziz, was a Christian (at least he openly claimed to be one). I read that looters were seen carting away a statue of the Madonna from his bombed out residence after the war. I often look for symbolism in certain small things like this, although I'm not quite sure yet what it could signify. Still, as you both have noted, prayer will bring freedom to the people who need it. What a beautiful gift from God.
By GospaFriend
"...or am I wearing rose-colored glasses and being overly hopeful."

I guess we can never be too hopeful. It seems like the world's prayers were and still are being answered. I say we all put on our rose-colored glasses, as well as pick up our rosaries, and not let up on the prayers for peace.

Now I think we must focus our attention on Israel and Palestine, in addition to the rest of the world. It is so sad and strange that the area where our Lord was born and lived is now the scene of so much turmoil. A sign of the times? No doubt. But as His Mother continues to tell us, we have the power to change that by prayer!

God bless you all. :wink: