Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By MedjAdmin
The official announcement of the Pope's election was made at 6:40 pm local Rome time.

Medjugorje and Rome are in the same time zone. Our Lady appears at this exact time, which means that the official announcement was made at the same time as the apparition in Medjugorje.

Let us hope and pray that this is no coincidence, and that Benedict XVI -- who has visited Medjugorje in the past -- is not just a Marian Pope, but a Medjugorje Pope as well.
By Patty Cowan
I just read that our new Holy Father was born on April 16, 1927. This is also the feast day of St. Bernadette, a very great saint who was graced with visits from Our Lady at Lourdes.

AND, in 1927 Easter Saturday fell on April 16th. So...on a Marian Saturday as well as Easter vigil.

Next year in 2006, Easter Sunday will be celebrated on that day.

Patty, AR, USA
By MarysChild2000
I also read about our new Pope too - he was the first baby baptized at the Easter Vigil in their church that year. Pretty cool.
By Patty Cowan
Ok, sometimes I'm a little slow....I just realized that our new Pope's first name is Joseph. So perhaps he will be the guardian of our family like Joseph was to Jesus and Mary, watch over us and guide us....as always there are no coincidences!

Someone had posted on the Mir Peace Shalom site that a dove was seen flying around the smokestack when the white smoke was appearing.

Love, prayers and PEACE to all,
Patty, AR, USA
By kimosword
I saw the picture. yeah, a dove was passing when the smoke came out.