Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By kimosword
In these days the death of John Paul II have make us to review again the whole catechism of our church, the traditions, the expectations, and the prophecies. It was so rich. We are lucky to experience this transition once again.

I became very exciting hoping for the new pope to be elected, reading the prophecies, hearing the bells at the moment of the election. Reviewing the funerals rites, the books and waiting for the smoke to announced it.

In my country (Puerto Rico), the bells sound immediately announcing the election. We then knew we have a new Pope but without knowing yet who it was. Our hearts jump with excitement and hope. I feel like an early christian of the first time.

I was 7 years old when Pope JPI and then JPII were elected. I remembered the turmoil around the death of JPI and the election, but I have never experience fullest the election of a new pope. Now as an adult was a beautiful experience.

I certainly love Catholic Church and its traditions. It remembered us of the firsts christians and the excitement of the new evangelism.
By Covenant
Yes, it has been a great gift from God to live during these days. His Holines Pope John Paul II's passing was met with unprecedented grief and respect from people all around the world. Who would have thought that we would see the day when three US Presidents knelt in prayer before the body of the Pope!!!?

The funeral and the election placed great attention on the Catholic Church and its beliefs. But the best thing is that it has placed great attention on the lives of John Paul II and Benedict XVI-two men of great faith. May their example lead to more people deciding to give their lives to Christ. Amen.