Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Covenant
Dear brothers and sisters,

As you all know, the month of May is dedicated by the Church to the Blessed Virgin Mary. During this month great graces are given by God to those who venerate the Blessed Virgin in thanksgiving for all that the Lord has done for her and all that He does through her.

During this month Catholics have traditionally made pilgrimage to a shrine of Mary, added the Litany of Our Lady to their daily prayers and made an altar to Our Lady in their homes.

These traditional practices should not be ommited merely because they originate from a by gone era as many people would argue. On the contrary, these acts of Marian devotion are demmanded by God to glorify Christ's Mother and in turn they do enourmous good to our souls.

The visionary Marija said that Our Lady is enourmously thankful for any little act that we do for her. She said,

"For example, at times when I was ill and Our Lady came to my house because I could not go to the Church, we tried to make our home beautiful for her, with flowers and a little altar.
And when she came, Our Lady always said, 'Thank you for making this room so beautiful for me.' And I was so touched that she had noticed our efforts and thanked us. She sees every and any little thing that we do for Jesus or her and she shows great happiness because she knows they are done with love, from the heart.
It is a very beautiful thing to know that some little act of love can bring such a beautiful smile to Our Lady's face. Its like watching the threads of love grow between heaven and earth." (Marija and the Mother of God, Heather Parsons, p33-34)

So, if we haven't done so already, let us begin to honor the Mother of God during the month of May. Make an altar to Our Lady in your home, and daily pray the Litany of Our Lady before it, praying especially for her intentions. Great graces are given to those who honor Our Lady this way during their lives, and Mary will obtain from her Son graces for the years ahead and salvation at the hour of death.
By Covenant
They actually sing the Litany of Our Lady in Medjugorje every evening after the Rosary, and in 2003 when Ivan visted here in Australia, the priest sang it. It took me back to when I was in Medjugorje and this immense feeling of peace came over me.

I really can't wait till I'm back in Medjugorje again and hear the Litany of Our Lady sung.
By Clementine
Covenant wrote:I really can't wait till I'm back in Medjugorje again and hear the Litany of Our Lady sung.
You can hear it everyday if you wish by listening via the Medjugorje website. See my thread about listening to Radio MIR over the internet.
By Covenant
Yes, thank you for that! I will start listening to Radio MIR.