Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Clementine
Hi all. I've been to Medjugorje four times (and am going again in October) and I've always thought that Croatian is the most beautiful language I've ever heard! I now listen daily to Radio Mir over the internet and can now pray the rosary in Croatian but have decided to actually try and learn the language. Can anyone else speak Croatian or is trying to learn it? What's the best way of going about it? I've heard the Pimsleur audio books are good. I would be grateful for any advice.
By MedjAdmin
Hi Clementine,

I really like the Croatian language as well and have worked on picking up a few key terms. It is also a very difficult language. I purchased a good Croatian-English book at a local bookstore and it is teaching me a lot. While working on my videos about Medjugorje, with most of the interviews done in Croatian, I am also learning by listening to what the visionaries say and then comparing it to the translations. Learning more Croatian will definitely help me with my work. Best of luck with learning! God bless.
By GiroRiff
I've never heard Croatian, but I'll agree. I have a passion for world languages. Even dead ones like Gaelic (old Irish) are cool.
By Covenant
I also like studying languages, and I find the best way to do it is on the computer.

You can by CD-Rom's that have langauge programs, which is better than doing it by book or tape because its all there: the audio, the grammer, word exercises, games etc.

I have a CD rom with Croatian, and though I've just started it, I've already learnt how to say hello, thank you etc which would really come in handy if you went to Medjugorje (when I went I didn't know a single word!)

And I agree: Croatian sounds beautiful. But I have to say, French is still my favourite!