Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By MedjAdmin
While in Medjugorje, I worked very hard to get the Apparition Hill webcam set up and, at the last minute, was successful.

You can see it here:

http://www.medjugorjevideo.com/webcam/bigcam.html

When it is nighttime in Medjugorje, you will be able to barely see the statue of Our Lady on the upper right-hand side of the image (just above the two fainter lights). You will also see other lights -- Those are the lights that were put on Apparition Hill to illuminate the path. Some lights may also be flashlights.

When it is daytime in Medjugorje, you should be able to see the trail leading up the hill and also the crucifix and Our Lady's statue at the top. You will be able to see pilgrims on the hill.

The camera angle is temporary -- I may change it later.

I need people to pray for this webcam. Internet connection in Bosnia-Hercegovina is spotty, and a whole range of factors make this endeavor a bit difficult.

Thank you and God bless!

Sean
Last edited by MedjAdmin on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LittleRed
I see what to looks to be the night sky or flashlights :D ......
By MedjAdmin
LittleRed wrote:I see what to looks to be the night sky or flashlights :D ......
Most of the lights are the ones that were put up there by the parish to light the path. If they are flashlights, they will move when the image refreshes.

I know it looks dark now, but wait until it's morning in Medjugorje -- I think you will be impressed by the clarity of the image. :D
By OnASpiritualJourney2
How cool!!!! Well done!!!

I can see one of the lights moving, so that must be a flashlight. :D

Thank you Sean!!! :D Will keep this project in my prayers.
By TimHaley
Sean ...

This is great! Who is maintaining the hardware over in Medjugorje?

-Tim
By LittleRed
Cannot wait to see it in the daytime :D ......

Thanks Sean for all the hard work of putting up a live webcam on Apparition Hill!!!
By songbird
Really neat!!! :D
By MedjAdmin
The camera equipment is designed to go long periods without maintenance. It was fairly expensive but I am confident that this live visual of Apparition Hill, especially when it is filled with praying pilgrims, will help the faith of many people.
By LittleRed
We should make the live webcam link a sticky so it does not get lost among the other threads after awhile.....
By john
MedjAdmin wrote:While in Medjugorje, I worked very hard to get the Apparition Hill webcam set up and, at the last minute, was successful.

You can see it here:

http://www.medjugorjevideo.com/webcam/camera.html

When it is nighttime in Medjugorje, you will be able to barely see the statue of Our Lady on the upper right-hand side of the image (just above the two fainter lights). You will also see other lights -- Those are the lights that were put on Apparition Hill to illuminate the path. Some lights may also be flashlights.

When it is daytime in Medjugorje, you should be able to see the trail leading up the hill and also the crucifix and Our Lady's statue at the top. You will be able to see pilgrims on the hill.

The camera angle is temporary -- I may change it later.

I need people to pray for this webcam. Internet connection in Bosnia-Hercegovina is spotty, and a whole range of factors make this endeavor a bit difficult.

Thank you and God bless!

Sean
Thank you Sean for the great work. This is particularly helpful for those who have never been to Medjugorje.
By mamamary
awesome sean!!!!!
By LittleRed
Good angle Sean with the camera....I can see a couple people coming down the hill :D .....it draws me right back to Medjugorje and how I wish I was back there!!
By OnASpiritualJourney2
This is so cool to see!!! It's so much more rugged and natural than I would have thought. Very beautiful! :D
By Pandora
It doesn't work for me! Any idea which software I need to download or update?
By puddyhuston
Not working for me either Pandora it might just be a blip, hope Sean is still there now

Stella
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Are you getting the black screen? If you are, then just give it a minute for the picture to come on. If not, then you must need to download something, but I have no idea what.
By marylover
I am getting a black screen with a few stars I think they are?
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Marylover, those are lights on the path and some may also be flashlights. :D
By puddyhuston
That last link worked Sean but it is too dark now lol I will try tomorrow morning, I see a few of the little lights.

thanks

Stella
By marylover
thanks Spirit :lol:
By OnASpiritualJourney2
You're welcome, but it does kind of look like one of the constellations ... :lol:
By mamamary
each time i've tried it, it's been night. i will have to click on it during the daylight hours in medj.
By Susanne
It's wonderful to see the Apparition Hill from home.
Thank you Sean for your hard work!

Say hi to your lovely family from us!
God bless you all!

Susanne
By davidtlig
For those who cannot access the cam, you probably don't have Java installed.

You can download Java free from: http://www.java.com/en/

David