Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Patty Cowan
I read this today about Sister Lucia of Fatima speaking to Father Fuentes in an interview on December 26, 1957 in which she said:

"Look, Father, the Most Holy Virgin in these last times in which we live has given new efficacy in the recitation of the Holy Rosary.

She has given this efficacy to such an extent that there is no problem, no matter how difficult it is, whether temporal or above all spiritual, in the personal life of each one of us, of our families, of the families in the world, or of the religious communities, or even of the life of peoples and nations that cannot be solved by the Rosary.

There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot solve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary. With the Holy Rosary, we will save ourselves. We will santify ourselves. We will console Our Lord and obtain the salvation of many souls."

Wow. I love how she calls it the "Holy Rosary" that sounds so beautiful, so meaningful. Of course, the first thing I had to do was look up "efficacy" so according to Webster it is: Power or capacity to produce a desired effect: EFFECTIVENESS. Then that Our Lady has "given new efficacy" to the Rosary means so much for our current times. Especially since Medjugorje is the continuation or fulfillment of Fatima. This is so cool to think the Rosary will take care of anything and everything. It's a very peaceful thought. I offer my Holy Rosary up to Our Mother and I just contemplate on the mysteries and then it can be used to further her peace plans and I don't need to worry about my day to day stuff. This is also very powerful in increasing faith when looked at in this light.

Love & Prayers,
Patty, AR, USA
By ernestv
Beautiful and I believe every word you wrote. This is ernestv and I have posted 3 letters and all 3 were about our mother the Blessed Virgin. It has been about 2 years that I started praying 3 rosarys a day. I am retired so it is not that I lack for time. I pray one at 5:30 in the morn listening to EWTN. I pray another one either when I go pick up my grand child in the morn or during my daily walk in the pm. Then I pray my third one when I go to bed. Two nights ago I went to bed tired, really tired and I was behing two rosaries. Half asleep I was thinking with some guilt whether it would be OK for me to miss those two rosaries for once. I must have fallen asleep for I was dreaming that Father Tom from our parish was standing up in front of a church somewhere and was asking us who wanted to lead the praying of a rosary and I raised my arm. In my dream I asked my wife sitting next to me for a book which had the rosary in it. I got it and started somewhat nervous. Then someone behind me interrupted and requested a different rosary than what I was praying. Somehow during the discussion I lost the book. While the discussion was going on I was desperately looking for the book. I looked and looked, I even left the room to look for a book with the rosary in it, all the time hoping that Father Tom would prolong the discussion. I was a nervous wreck until finally I woke up. I laid there half sick from the ordeal that I had just gone through. It dawned on me that perhaps that was the answer that I was looking for as to whether I should miss the two rosaries that I was behind on. So I prayed those two rosaries one after the other and was glad that I had caught up. I can not believe how wonderful I have felt since I have been praying those three rosaries a day. Every thing just falls into place no matter how impossible it might seem. God bless you and yours.
By Clementine
I know what you mean about feeling wonderful when you pray all 3 mysteries a day. I always found it hard to pray the rosary and used to get loads of distractions, but I've found it a lot easier to pray if I'm praying it along with EWTN or as is usual for me, on radio mir. Because it's in Croatian, I have to concentrate harder and so I'm finding my distractions have almost disappeared. I then pray the 3rd mystery as I'm walking to work ( I work in the evening). I'm finding it gives me such joy to pray it which I never used to feel. I also find that if I make time to pray, then I have time for everything else. Our Lady does something with the time!
By Sarah K
I have found amazing peace and comfort through praying the rosary. Also, impossible situations in my life have been thoroughly solved through a series of nine day Novenas to Our Lady.
I happened upon the Medjugorje story after I had emergency surgery for a ruptured ovary. I spent 2 days in an almost unconscious state. When I woke up I rememberd a story about the Medjugorje visionaries on 60 Minutes a very long time ago. With the internet, research is so much easier than it used to be and I came across this (among other) websites about the faithful young adults.
Coincidentally, my surgeon was from Bosnia, though I have no idea what his religious beliefs were; he has since moved away from here.
Thank you to all who post on this site and thanks especially to MedjAdmin who is apparently a man or woman of great faith and strength and a model to us all.
By MedjAdmin
Hi Sarah K,

Thanks for joining the forum, and especially for sharing your story. I hope you will consider elaborating on it in our Conversion Story Swap section of the Medjugorje-Online.com Forum.

I am just like everybody else here-- I hope I'm not a model of strength for people, because I am no different than you! The visionary Ivan has said that conversion is a lifelong process. Mine is coming along. We are all on the same path!

God bless,

Sean