Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By kimosword
Our prayers with all the victims of Katrina and also for all the souls that died in stampede in Bagdad
By RonConte
Last edited by RonConte on Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SalomeKaia
RonConte wrote:Many are trying to use the natural disaster of hurricane Katrina to claim that the tribulation has already begun. Not so. The first part of the tribulation begins in 2009/2010.

Ron Conte
How do you know that?

Zoe
By Patty Cowan
I believe we should not look so far into the future because we know not when the day nor hour shall be, only God knows even Jesus said He did not know of the hour. Nothing happens without God permitting it. Sometimes tragedy converts people to God which is what we all need to do. Thinking that we are "safe" until 2009 may make people think they can "put off" conversion. These recent events help me to remember that my life could end today. I live each day hoping to help others and praying for my own journey of conversion to God.
Love & Prayers,
Patty, AR, USA
By RonConte
RonConte wrote:
Patty Cowan wrote:I believe we should not look so far into the future because we know not when the day nor hour shall be, only God knows even Jesus said He did not know of the hour.
The day and hour that is not known, is the exact day and hour of Christ's return. However, the year of Christ's return can be known from Sacred Scripture: it is 2437 A.D.

Also, the day and hour of the general resurrection, in the very distant future is not known.

But one cannot extend this to all future events. The dates of many future events can be known from the Bible and from private revelation.
Who can you say: ... known from Sacred Scripture: it is 2437 A.D ?!?!

Where in the Bible is this written ?

Maranatha
By RonConte
a
By MedjAdmin
Hi Ron,

I just want to remind you and everyone here that this forum is a place for people to give their opinions on these subjects. I think it's great that you're telling us some of your interesting ideas, but at the same time your delivery is a bit offputting because you present your theories as absolute fact. Instead of telling people who respond that they are just plain wrong, let's get some good dialogue going, and perhaps you can begin your postings with terms like "I believe I know the ten secrets..." or "Based on my research on this subject...". I want to keep this forum peaceful and not discourage anyone else from posting.

Here's one thought I had: the visionaries say they will see the fulfillment of the ten secrets within their lifetimes. The priest who is supposed to announce each of the ten secrets will be alive. So how would the last of the secrets be revealed in 2437?

Also, in your article about how you came up with that date for Christ's return, you wrote the following:

At La Salette, the Virgin Mary gave two dates related to the start of the Antichrist’s reign: “In the year 1864, Lucifer with a great number of demons will be unleashed from hell” and “In the year 1865, the abomination will be seen in holy places….” These events did not occur in the A.D. 1800’s. However, during both parts of the tribulation, the Islamic faith will have a certain dominance in the world. The dates 1864 and 1865 in the Islamic calendar correspond to the dates A.D. 2430 and 2431 in the Christian (Gregorian) calendar.

On the contrary, I think that this message coincides with that of other prophets and popes about a time in the 1800's when God will allow the devil to test the Church for a hundred years or more. The first secret of Medjugorje is an event that is supposed to "break the power of Satan" and Mirjana has said that he knows his time is short. She also said that Satan and his demons were released from hell quite a while ago as a test, permitted by God, to try the Church.

You say that the events foretold at La Salette did not occur when Our Lady said they would occur, but I believe they did... We would not be able to see Lucifer and demons being unleashed from hell, in the same way we cannot see angels, but if we look at the history of the last two centuries we can certainly see a wild increase in evil beginning around this time. As far as an exact date, it could refer to 1864 when Karl Marx founded the International Working Men's Association, which brought him into the political spotlight and paved the way for Communism. I find it very hard to believe that Mary would give Islamic dates for a prophecy, and this notion that you claim to be absolute fact makes me question the rest of the reasons why you believe Christ will return in 2437.

In conclusion, I just want to reiterate that any postings made on this Forum -- including my own -- should be presented as opinion, and above all we must maintain an atmosphere of openness and fellowship as Our Lady would want us to do. Thank you everyone for being a member here.
By Covenant
I agree 100% with the need for viewpoints to be expressed in a manner that says, 'This is my opinion' rather than 'this is what is definately going to happen'.

I also don't agree with the idea that Christ's return is four hundred years away. In my opinion, everything points to it occuring a lot sooner than that.

The evils that were born and developed in the 20th century had their origin in the 19th century. Karl Marx's ideas brought about the evils of the USSR and Communist wars throughout the world. The 'modernist' heresy was what we now call 'relativism' began then and has swept the Western world.

I hardly think that Our Lady would give the dates of an islamic calender: afterall, that calender is based on the birth of a false prophet: we date our calender from the birth of the Son of God. Big difference.
By MedjAdmin
Why is Ron deleting his own posts?
By MedjAdmin
Well, gang, I guess Mr. Ron Conte has left our Medjugorje Forum. He deleted all of his posts and took the links off his website that went to our website, which he had just put up several days ago.

I'm quite surprised... I guess that since some of us did not agree with his methods of prophetical date-setting that he got upset and stormed off, taking all of his postings with him. Or maybe the points we made had an influence on him and he has decided to rethink his seemingly unmovable stance.

Whatever the case, I think this has been a great lesson for our growing online community. We have seen that when it comes to subjects such as the ones we chat about, most things fall under the categories of impressions, opinions, theories and feelings... not cold, hard facts. Every posting, and subsequent replies to postings, should be considered as such, and we will cultivate a harmonious online community of Marian believers.

Kind regards and God bless.

MedjAdmin
Last edited by MedjAdmin on Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SalomeKaia
christinadickie wrote:
when you see a cloud looming up in the west you say at once rain is coming ;and it does .and when the wind is from the south you say it is going to be hot;and it is.hypocrates! you know how to interpret the face of the earth and sky.how is ityou dont know how tointerpret these times?luke;12:54-56 { pray,hope and dont worry-st.pio}
This does not answer my question about how we can know that the first part of tribulation will begin in 2009/2010. But I started reading Ron's book last night. Maybe that will answer my question.

Zoe
By Clementine
Just in case any of you read this in time, a friend of mine has recommended to me to watch this weekend's The World Over on EWTN. It's repeated again this evening (here in the UK anyway). Raymond Arroyo's home has been flooded and my friend said it was a very touching and thought provoking programme.

At Mass this morning we sang Sweet Sacrament Divine and I couldn't help but notice the words to the third verse which applies literally to the people affected by Katrina. "Sweet Sacrament of rest, Ark from the ocean's roar, Within thy shelter blest, Soon may we reach the shore, Save us for still the tempest raves, Save lest we sink beneath the waves..." They are in my thoughts and prayers.