Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Here is the Medjugorje newsletter put out by the "Children of Medjugorje".... this was recently released and gives a nice update. Enjoy!

Children of Medjugorje
President: Denis Nolan
Vice-President: Sister Emmanuel

Advisory Board:
Cardinal Jaime Sin
Cardinal Bernardino Echeverria, O.F.M.+
Archbishop Frane Franic
Archbishop D. Peter Chung
Bishop Nicholas D'Antonio, O.F.M.
Bishop Michael D. Pfeifer, O.M.I.
Bishop Donald Montrose
Bishop William Ellis
Fr. Daniel Ange
Ralph Martin

May 1, 2003
St. Joseph the Worker

Dear Children of Medjugorje,
Praised be Jesus and Mary!

1) It seems I'm always hearing stories of what St. Joseph is doing in people's lives. A week won't go by without Sr. Emmanuel giving another example of how good his care is for her! But St. Joseph doesn't just belong to a few. He belongs to us all! Today we celebrate the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker. Let's use him!

St. Louis de Montfort prophesied about these days! The saints in heaven, he said, would look down with awe at those who got to be alive in these days - who along with Mary, and under her mantle, would crush the head of Satan (the father of the culture of death)! The saints want to be involved with us now, the baptized on earth, the Church Militant! Remember, the Catachesim teaches their real work only begins when they became intercessors in heaven!

For the last four months I've wanted to honor the saint who chose Children of Medjugorje for 2003, St. Seraphim of Sarov. (See <www.ChildrenOfMedjugorje.com> about this practice of choosing saints.)

For several years now, my wife, Cathy has been getting up in the wee hours before the sun to pray in intercession for Sr. Emmanuel. For some time she couldn't find any others to join her, so she invited St. Faustina and the Gospa of Medjugorje to join her in prayer. Every morning she would rise while it was still dark and pray in intercession with them.

On January 1st of this year she drew St. Seraphim's name (actually he chose us)! January 2nd was his feast day. On that day I had to take care of some practical repairs on our home... and I remember calling upon him for help. Each time the result seemed to be a little miracle. To give one example: in the wee hours of the morning I couldn't get a radiator to work.... (it had never worked!).... It is the largest room in our house where we pray and I no longer had time to be cutting wood for the wood stove. I remember hollering out to St. Seraphim, "You have to take care of this! I'm going to bed!" The next morning I found that radiator working and it has worked ever since!

The morning of January 3rd, when my wife started to pray, she heard the Lord tell her, "Yesterday you received many graces through the intercession of St. Seraphim. From now on every morning he'll be praying with you!" (And she felt that her intercessory prayer would from then on be for our whole apostolate, "Children of Medjugorje.") Well, the following morning Cathy started receiving a "word" in prayer... an inspired reflection on one of Our Lady's messages from Medjugorje. This has continued each morning. Every day you can find that day's reflection posted on our web site: <http://www.childrenofmedjugorje.com> Thank you St. Seraphim!

2) This past weekend we were involved in a Day of Prayer by Christopher West at the University of Notre Dame. He is spearheading a world wide revolution among the young to live and spread the pope's "Theology of the Body".... a most important and all encompassing work by the Holy Father that George Weigel calls "a kind of theological time bomb [that] will compel a dramatic development of thinking about virtually every major theme in the Creed!" In his celebrated biography of the pope, Weigle wrote that when this "time bomb" goes off "perhaps in the twenty-first century, the theology of the body may well be seen as a critical moment not only in Catholic theology, but in the history of modern thought!" Well, that time bomb has started going off! It is spreading now among young people throughout the world like wildfire! The spread of this foundational work by the Holy Father signals an end to the culture of death!

Kathleen Martin was here several months ago. She presented the school of the Gospa to students at the University of Notre Dame, i.e., what Our Lady taught the prayer group in Medjugorje that she had formed and lead (see the Feb. 1st, Feb. 15th and March 1, 2003 reports in the archives at <http://www.childrenofmedjugorje.com>). For instance, Our Lady spent many hours and days teaching the young people how to pray the "Our Father." Each person was helped to reach a point at which they were praying from their whole person, completely integrated in body and spirit, and focused on each phrase with perfect inner unity. This process took a long time and much attention from Our Lady, but the fruit was a group of young people deeply united within themselves and with each other, in communion of prayer and love. Their prayer together brought an explosion of grace! Kathleen says what she experienced when she was in the same room with them while they were praying was absolutely incredible!

The Holy Father has given us a similar training in inner integrity of body and spirit, in his teaching, the "Theology of the Body." Through his exhaustive and careful analysis of what it means to be human, what it means to be "body and spirit" Pope John Paul II has opened up a way to personal integrity and wholeness that represents a new and refreshed understanding of holiness for all of us. His "theology of the body" helps us to find true communion of persons, through our deep inner integrity, our wholeness of spirit. Many are now saying this foundational work of the Holy Father is all that George Weigel says it is, and more! It will bring healing to the Church! And can you imagine the effect of the prayer of a unified, healed Church upon the world!

What is astounding is that what the Gospa was teaching 70 or so members of her prayer group in Medjugorje on an individual and personal level for five years, the Pope was presenting to the Church for five years on an intellectual level (from 1979 to 1984) in his general audiences on the "Theology of the Body!" Our Lady had said that one day what she had taught the prayer group in Medjugorje would be made available to every prayer group - to every parish in the world. Mary in her school in Medjugorje and the Pope in his his "Theology of the Body" were both teaching the same things (of course his teaching is a dialogue with the world and so is on a very deep intellectual level)!!! And now just when the Pope is calling the whole world to enter the "School of Mary" the time has come for them both to be given to the world!

Come and take your place in Our Lady's plan! This is exactly the time to be coming to Medjugorje and presenting yourself to Our Lady!

3) Today begins the summer schedule in Medjugorje. The Rosary in St. James starts at 6:00 PM, followed by Holy Mass at 7:00 PM.

4) Good news! The INFORMATION CENTRE ³MIR² reports that between April 1st and October 31, 2003, NO VISA IS REQUIRED TO COME TO MEDJUGORJE for Citizens of Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary. Spread this news!

5) The 8th International meeting for priests will take place in Medjugorje from June 30 to July 5, 2003. The theme of the meeting is, ³Servant of the Eucharist². (See <www.medjguorje.hr>)

Dearest Gospa, we say "Yes" to your call!
We want to take our place in your plan!

Denis Nolan

© Children of Medjugorje 2003

our web site: http://www.childrenofmedjugorje.com

our email address: dnolan@childrenofmedjugorje.com>