Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Friends,
I have been thinking, lets all band together and fast for 1 week starting from next tuesday 25/10 for the speedy fulfilment of Medjugorje. We have been told that the first secret will break Satan's power. Yes I know 3 visionaries still have to get their 10th secret and that some of us may not be as prepared as we should be, but Our Lady said with prayer and fasting we can change the natural law. Even if we don't succeed in this, I am sure God and Our Lady won't waste our effort.
This fast could be a combination of things. IE:
Day 1 - Bread and water only for 3 meals
Day 2 - omit one or more of the following - Smoking, Alcohol, TV
Day 3 - No Internet
Day 4 - No Coffee, Tea, or other favourite drink.
Day 5 - Fast from yourself - don't do anything to benefit yourself.
Day 6 - ?
Day 7 - ?

Prior to the 25th, pray for the strength to carry this out.
Maybe even a one night prayer vigil - Sunset to Sunrise.

What do you think.
Regards
Leo.
By leo daly
For those on the board, who don't believe in Medjugorje, they could fast so that the whole world can get a confirmation of the truth of Medjugorje IE wether it is really of God or not.
By Covenant
We shouldn't pray and fast for the onset of the 10 Secrets and the end of the Medjugorje apparitions, rather Our Lady instructs us to pray and fast for Her intentions: for the conversion of poor sinners above all, and for peace throughout the world.

Never has Our Lady requested that we pray for the secrets to happen: the secrets won't be a pleasant thing, and we shouldn't look forward to them.

Now is the time of GRACE. We have to pray that as many people as possible make use of that grace. When the secrets occur, it will be too late for many.

So, indeed pray and fast-but give that sacrifice to Our Lady to dispose of according to Her will. :D
By leo daly
Yes Christian Dickie, I do have things I have trouble giving up.

Yes it is true that when Our Lady stops appearing and the sign comes, it will be too late for some to convert, however as Our Lady has stated, Prayer and Fasting can change the natural law and stop wars. Maybe the fasting will lead to massive conversions. I don't know but I do know nothing bad comes from fasting. I am sure our lady wouldn't use my intention to deprive people of a chance to convert. However as Covenant and Christian Dickie said, we could fast for Our Lady's intentions instead. No matter what your intentions, I believe a 1 week fast will be pleasing for Our Lady. Spread the word.

Cheers
Leo.