Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Good evening all,

I was wondering how many of you think that the consecration performed by John Paul II was valid?

My own opinion is that it is not valid...why? because you just have to look around the world to see that the 'period of peace' has not yet begun.

Also 'Sister Lucia' in an interview with Bertone said that the consecration had been accepted by heaven (could this have been a fake interview?) yet for the previous 70-75 years Sister Lucia and said that the consecration had not yet been done (the way Our Lady asked).

I also think that the 'Third Secret' revealed by the Vatican was not the real one. Sister Lucia wrote the secret on a small piece of paper (approx 25 lines) and the secret the vatican released was 4 pages long!!. (someting definitely wrong here, one party is lying is it Sister Lucia or the vatican? I know who i would believe) I do not think that the third secret fortold the assasination attempt on John Paul II.

This is just my humble opinion, i would be interested to know what everyone else thinks.

God Bless

In Christ our King and Mary our Queen,

Anthony

Our Lady of Fatima, Pray for Us
By Sarah K
I'm not sure about the consecration of Russia...I remember reading that the Pope had asked Sr. Lucia if the Lord was pleased with the consecration and she prayed and told him "no." The reason was that all the bishops were not present.
Years later, I read that at the same meeting ( or subsequent meeting) her response was that yes, the Lord was pleased with the consecration and that the bishops were all there.
Now it seems that the fall of communism in Russia in 1989 is being equated with the consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. To me, this seems a stretch.
I'm not one to argue with the Vatican but sometimes I think the church acts in a way so as not to scare people. One of the reasons (my opinion) that the Medjugorje visionaries are viewed skeptically by some church officials is because their visions are not always pleasant, some dealing with visiting hell and purgatory and seeing and feeling the suffering that goes on in those places.
Personally, I think more people should be scared of the consequences of sin and abandoning God. I know the messages are not designed to instill fear, only love and faith, but it is important to hear the messages about turning one's back on God.
As for the third secret of Fatima, my personal belief is that they released the real secret but didn't go far enough in the interpretation. If you read the secret, which talks about bodies of slain martyrs strewn along the road as the Bishop in white approaches the cross and he too is killed in a violent way, it's a stretch to say it foretold the Pope's attempted assassination during a parade.
I don't think there is a deliberate misleading on the Vatican's part; I think above all they try to protect the people from widespread fear and panic, while they try to teach love, peace and faith.
Again, all of this is my opinion and I am far from the most learned scholar on these topics. They certainly are intriguing and I love to read faithful people's opinions on Fatima and the rest of the apparitions.
Praise God,
Sarah