Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By TimHaley
When Sean started this forum, I'm sure he envisioned a safe harbor where people from all over the world could come to freely discuss their faith and passion for the Blessed Mother, for the events in Medjugorje, and for us to help each other grow in faith by living the messages. This forum has a different culture than other forums. Certain topics are not allowed to be discussed here because experience has shown that such topics eventually lead to argument and actions not consistent with behaviors Our Lady and Our Savior models for us. Additionally, these topics are usually ones where there is no right or wrong answer, just strong opinions, and they are not topics related to Medjugorje. For those who want to discuss such topics, there are plenty of other forums and venues to do so.

Additionally, it is apparent that some of our forum members have expressed angst and concern over various posts made on the forum. Just like any family, some of our forum "brothers" and "sisters" will react emotionally to various posts. This is normal and reflects the fact that we open ourselves, feeling somewhat vulnerable and exposed, whenever we post a thought, opinion, or concern. I think we all know how difficult it is to correctly interpret another's intent through the written word. Perhaps it is because we do not trust the motives of another that we assume the worst and take offense. All of us here on the forum share at least one thing in common, we believe the Mother of God is giving messages today to six visionaries. We all recognize the defects and shortcomings in our own selves and in our own ways are striving to live the messages. We know we are not perfect so let's give our fellow forum members the benefit of the doubt and trust that their motive is also to try live the messages, in spite of any weaknesses they may have, and be forgiving. As we forgive, so shall we be forgiven.

For those who see that something they have posted may have truly hurt another forum member, be sensitive to the situation. Remember that others who post may feel vulnerable opening perhaps their deepest thoughts and feelings. An apology goes a long way to maintaining trusting relationships and costs nothing, except perhaps a bit of ego. Someone being hurt here on this forum is almost always a case of misunderstanding intent and motives. An apology shows respect for others while not negating any position one might want to have on an issue.

I think the bottom line is awareness. Let's all be aware of respecting others in the tone of our comments. If you find you are reacting emotionally to a post, seek to clarify to be certain you truly understand. I believe because we are here primarily for the same reasons, we can all default to a position of trust that everyone here has the best interest of others at heart when we post.

God bless ...

Tim
By mani
Thank you Tim for your kind words. We are all family.
May Jesus bless us all and give us His peace.
By marylover
Well said Tim. May this forum be our comfort and mantle that brings us closer to Our Lady.
By LizzysMum
Very nice, Tim.

It's a good idea to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially when they write something...well...cranky. :)

Takes practice, to be sure, but this is a good a place as any to give it a try!

(Our Lady would like that, I think!)

PAX!
By Gullytale
Been out for a bit tacklin' thole ol; divil..> Thank for prayer. All needed. Hope you all well. Missed ya.

Our YES to Mary though Jesus, to DO
By AnotherMe
Thank you Tim. That was written so perfectly.

James02 wrote:My first post here, just wanted to say hello!! Been following this forum for a couple months now.

Hello James02.
By jacksiebreen
Definition Cambridge Online:
PILGRIMAGE
"a visit to a place that is considered special, where you go to show your respect"
Fr Danko 2012:
" The purpose of a pilgrimage is to grow closer to God"

And as I see it, so it is with this wonderful forum. Well said Tim.
Let's assist each other towards salvation with mutual respect en route!

Jackie
"In caritate Regis qui venturus est"