Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By LizzysMum
TimHaley wrote:A full translation of Marija's interview with Fr. Livio has just been posted here by Cathy Nolan of MaryTV.
Thanks for the heads up. From the transcription it is very, very clear that Jesus appeared as a newborn!

Now, my next question is, did Marija not only hear his voice, but SEE him speaking? I'm trying to visualize this.

It would be great if someone asked her to describe what she actually saw while she heard his voice. And also know how she knew he was addressing her as the "King of Peace."

Just my wish list!

:)
By mamamary
LizzysMum wrote:
TimHaley wrote:A full translation of Marija's interview with Fr. Livio has just been posted here by Cathy Nolan of MaryTV.
Thanks for the heads up. From the transcription it is very, very clear that Jesus appeared as a newborn!

Now, my next question is, did Marija not only hear his voice, but SEE him speaking? I'm trying to visualize this.

It would be great if someone asked her to describe what she actually saw while she heard his voice. And also know how she knew he was addressing her as the "King of Peace."

Just my wish list!

:)
i feel the same! i so want to envision this sight, but i simply repeat his words over and over as a prayer.

fr. livio mentions that Mary was holding the Christ Child as she does in icons, and marija says 'exactly'. my most favorite religious art has been any depiction of the Madonna and Child. it is a good time to look at some of these icons!
By thebpman
Wow. Thank you God. Jesus spoke. Thank you
By Medjugorje Today
Now when there are questions and doubts here and there: From Marija's statements in recent days - which have been more or less the same, with a few new details added here and there - this picture can be established:

(1) Only on Radio Maria, very shortly after Marija had had the experience, does she mention that "Jesus addressed me as the King of Peace".
(2) Nowhere, not even on Radio Maria, does she say that Jesus introduced Himself as the King of Peace, or made any use of the title.
(3) Marija saw Jesus as a newborn baby, like always on Christmas Day.
(4) Infant Jesus stood up on Mary's lap, and started to talk.
(5) Marija heard Jesus speak with a child's voice, but "with great authority".

and, a more recent addition:

(6) Marija says she does not know why this happened, says she can "only guess", but also calls it "a new moment for Medjugorje and the messages", "a new call", and "a new way of working for God."

To access all the, so far, six stories in this cluster with one click, go here:
http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/tag/chris ... sage-2012/
Last edited by Medjugorje Today on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By OnASpiritualJourney2
Regarding Jesus speaking with authority while appearing as an Infant ...

I'm reminded of what the mystics have shared of Jesus early life. From what they were shown, Jesus was able to fully speak from birth - He was fully human, but fully God as well. Mary was also able to speak from birth, but didn't do so out of humility. The Life of Mary As Seen by the Mystics is a book I highly recommend and what I'm referencing.

What an incredibly beautiful Christmas message we have been given!!!
By mamamary
thanks for that info spirit! i didn't know that about the infant jesus in apparitions from mystics!
By Andy08
I thought Vicka said the apparitions will continue as the secrets are revealed. I'm no expert, and I agree it may mark the beginning of a new stage for medjugorje. I don't understand why this new stage is bringing a termination of the apparitions as they are presently being experienced. We know there will be apparitions through the lifetime of the visionaries.

Happy New Year all, God's peace be with you this coming near.

Andy
By TimHaley
bluecross wrote:Twenty four hours on, I am of the opinion that God speaks. Always has, always will.

The way he chooses to speak to us is wide and varied.

After further reflection I feel we have to be careful about the emphasis we place on the great surprise of yesterday, that we are not distracted from the truth of the message itself and how it applies to each of us personally.

Yes, there are many examples in Scripture that show when God speaks not everyone chooses to listen, even in the face of signs and miracles.

We should heed these signs (lessons) as well.

Our Lady assures us that Jesus is our peace. Jesus will always continue to confirm his love for us. That’s what we do for loved ones. We demonstrate and show our love for them. Love is everlasting.

Our Lady implores us to do as Jesus tells us. Jesus tells us to live his commandments, to love one another as he loves us.
The wisdom of Bluecross' post from December 26 has been reiterated by Sr Emanuel and wise counsel it is!

http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/8566/sr-e ... s-message/
By gtc
I noticed something Sr. Emmanuel said in that article that I wonder about.

The article stated, "The Medjugorje-based nun also informs that the Virgin Mary kept quiet during the whole length of her apparition to Marija on December 25, not only during the time when she would usually have given her message."

I wonder if Jesus might have said other things to Marija.

I read through the other articles of interviews with Marija and there was no mention of this, so I can only surmise that she confided something to Sr. Emmanuel about the apparition.

I am curious to know what others think of this.
By MMchild
Would you think that we would see more people go to pray in front of Maria house in Medjugorje like they do at bluecross now that this place was an apparition of Jesus too?
By ministryvalues
“Dear Children! Today also I invite you to prayer, now as never before when my plan has begun to be realized. Satan is strong and wants to sweep away plans of peace and joy and make you think that my Son is not strong in his decisions. Therefore, I call all of you, dear children to pray and fast still more firmly. I invite you to realize through the secrets I began in Fatima may be fulfilled. I call you, dear children, to grasp the importance of my coming and the seriousness of the situation. I want to save all souls and present them to God. Therefore, let us pray that everything I have begun be fully realized. Thank you for having responded to my call. ”
Medjugorje is the continuation and fulfillment of Fatima and as Sean's film is titled, Medjugorje and Fatima area about the "Triumph" of the Virgin Mary's heart.

It makes perfect sense that an infant baby "speaks" and not Jesus fully grown. If Jesus appeared fully grown then the attention would go to Jesus only - the Virgin Mary's role in the intercession of man's salvation at Medjugorje would be diminished.

An infant needs their mother. Christ needs his mother. Christianity needs her mother and it is through Our Lady's heart that she will triumph.

I believe it is important to remember the connection of Medjugorje to Fatima.
By aoise
"The Medjugorje-based nun also informs that the Virgin Mary kept quiet during the whole length of her apparition to Marija on December 25, not only during the time when she would usually have given her message."

My impression from listening to her interview and reading the translation was that the begining of the apparition was taken up with Marija commending the sick and all the people who have been to Medjugorje and so Our Lady would have been listening.

As for Marija's house; anyone can atttend one of her apparitions during the summer when she is in residence in Medjugorje. Seating is provided outside her private chapel. As such, numbers are limited and you need to ask in advance.
By mamamary
i felt the same way about the Christmas message, steve. as the Christ Child, we know he is God and Savior, yet as a child He is showing us how He has placed everything in Mary's hands. our salvation thru Her! depend on Her, love Her as He loves Her.

so much about the Christmas message to reflect upon! it still replays in my mind and heart over and over.
By mamamary
as i am sure many of you are continuing to reflect on this message, today i am reminded of the very special relationship st padre pio had with the infant Jesus. a saint who was prophetic in so many ways, the message of the 25th seems to reflect perfectly the descriptions and accounts of padre pio's apparitions of the infant Jesus.

here is a youtube video (in italian) but googling padre pio infant Jesus will bring up many results in english,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfcrPERu ... e=youtu.be