Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By TimHaley
Although we may never find out, it would be interesting to know what messages were given to Ivan and Vicka on Chistmas day and whether any further information was given to Marija during her daily apparitions in the days following the Christmas message.

As for the messages given to Jakov and Marija on Christmas, I also felt that they were congruent.

Here are some of my thoughts and reflections on the messages.

Jesus said, "I am your peace, live My commandments." The greatest commandments are to love God and to love others. The English word 'love' however falls short and does not fully express the action necessary. Our society and culture have associated the word 'love' with a feeling or emotion. However, true love as God intends is not a feeling, it is the driven desire and act of giving of oneself selfishly to another, without regard for the other's worthiness. It is the true desire and action for the well being of others despite their sinful state. True love is characterized by the lack of all selfishness, narcissism and ego.

Our Lady, through Jakov, said, "...say 'no' to sin..." Sin is the opposite of love and is another word for lack of love, just as cold is the absence of heat and darkness the absence of light. Other synonyms for sin are selfishness, narcissism and ego. When we act without selfishness, narcissism and ego, we are left with only love and it is impossible to sin.

I try to remember this every day. It is difficult and because I am human, I always fall short of my expectations for myself. Thank God for His Mercy and for confession and reconciliation. We are so blessed to have such a loving God.
By kim52
I refuse to look for something other than what was given to us in this message. Jesus is present in what ever he says. That is enough.
By MMchild
I would love to here from any one of how to live in Jesus commandments.
So I can live this way the best I can.
Thanks be to God this is the best Christmas ever for me.

Praise be Jesus and Mary for ever.
By kerigma
From the message I would say that:
Having peace and living commandments are related.
They are mentioned in one breath.
Saying this in negative:
Not living commandments are related to not having peace.

Saying it as question:
Why is it that I have peace? Because I live His commandments.
Saying as a negative question.
Why is it that I don't have peace?

Well you know the answer by now.
I hope.
By mamamary
Medjugorjeprayers wrote:From Medjugorje Today quoting Marija:

“Jesus addressed me as the King of Peace. It was a child but these words were spoken with authority... ." Jesus is the subject here and is the one addressing Marija. So it is clear that Jesus is referring to Himself as the King of Peace.

This quote can be confusing as translated but the obvious points toward Jesus as the King of Peace as Mamamary noted.

At this point I am not worried about the future implications of the quote from Jesus but rather, I am basking in the eloquent beauty and pure simplicity of Christ's words, "I am your Peace, live My Commandments."

As noted before by others, this sums up all of Mary's messages in one simple phrase easy enough for everyone to understand and complicated enough for the leaned to stumble.

i wasn't very clear when i asked the question about Jesus using the phrase "King of Peace" i did not mean to imply that Jesus meant Marija was 'the king of peace', but that Jesus used these actual words Himself about himself, meaning that were other things He said to her during the apparition other than "I am your peace, live my commandments".

for example, did he say, "I am the King of Peace. I am your peace, live my commandments." i am just wondering if He said more in this message to Marija.
By TimHaley
Mammary ...

I understood your question and actually had that same question myself as well. It isn't clear from the MT article but it appears that there may have been more spoken or Marija interiorly sensed that the One speaking was the King of Peace.

We may never know unless Marija publicly discloses more about the apparition.
By TimHaley
As an interesting aside, the statement "I am your peace" does appear once in the Old Testament in Judges 6:24:
So Gideon built there an altar to the LORD and called it Yahweh-shalom.* i To this day it is still in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.
"Yahweh-shalom" has been found on the internet to be translated in various ways including "The Lord is peace" or "I am peace" or "I am your peace"
By LizzysMum
mamamary wrote:he came as an infant, lizzysmum, so by definition of infant, that would be under the age of 24 months.
very powerful. as always, we must accept the message with faith and trust in Our Savior. His Will be done.
Thanks for that clarification! I think what's confusing me is that while the MT article describes Jesus appearing as an infant, elsewhere in descriptions of the Dec 25th apparition, he's referred to as the "little" Jesus or "the child" Jesus.

I didn't read any quotes from Marija describing him as an infant, but she was quoted as saying she heard the voice of Jesus as a child and that "It was not the voice of a child of a few hours. I do not know how to say this. (It is not) a Jesus who is small, newborn, who addresses us."

Many parents continue to hold their children in their arms until they reach the ages of three and beyond--ages at which their capacity for speech and deliberate movement is really developing.

So, I guess I'm wondering

1) If Marija herself described him as an infant? or
2) Was the age of the "little" Jesus-- on December 25, 2012-- the same as in previous apparitions during which the visionaries described him appearing as an infant?

(At the end of the day, of course, I realize that what's impossible for humans--of all ages--is oh so possible for God.)

:)
By TimHaley
In the actual interview, I heard Marija use the Italian word 'bambino' which means infant or baby. I don't know whether she went any further to categorize His approximate age as He appeared to her.

There is also another thread discussing the Baby Jesus here.
By yerzy
LizzysMum, Marija has used in her description of Jesus words "appena" + "nato" that mean "just, moments ago or recently" + "born".

So because She appears with Jesus in the day of His birth... maybe Jesus' age is under one day...
By LizzysMum
Thanks and wow! For God...anything is possible!

I'm also wondering--and obviously this is the purest of pure speculation--if the 33rd year of the apparitions will bring with it something quite significant.

If past is prologue, it seems that God and our Blessed Mother occasionally give us "God-incidences" when it comes to the calendar dates of major events.

Fatima, for example and the Blessed Mother's reported appearances on 13th day of the each month, followed by the reported "miracle of the sun" on October 13, 1917.

The attempt on Pope John Paul's life on May 13, 1981, which was followed by the development of his strong belief that intervention by Our Blessed Mother saved his life.

As we all know, Jesus' 33rd year was a significant one. I just wonder whether 2014 will be as well, when it comes to events in Medjugorje.

Again, PURE speculation...but...I can't help but wonder.

(I am after all, a flawed hooman bean..) :)
By TimHaley
LizzysMum wrote:I'm also wondering--and obviously this is the purest of pure speculation--if the 33rd year of the apparitions will bring with it something quite significant.
At the 30th anniversary in Medjugorje, we asked the visionary Ivan the question of whether 30 years of apparitions was analogous to the 30 years of the preparation of the Lord for His ministry and that the next 3 years would be all there is remaining until the secrets begin to unfold.

Ivan paused for a moment and gave us that look that he gives when you've asked him a question he doesn't want to answer. He then responded in English, "Good question. I can't answer that." We didn't know from his answer whether we might be close to something or not, but those of us there felt it may have hit close to something. Just speculation.

It is interesting to note that it seems like all the visionaries have been actively traveling and giving their testimony more frequently since the 30th anniversary than before.
By Medjugorjeprayers
mamamary wrote:
Medjugorjeprayers wrote:From Medjugorje Today quoting Marija:

"I am your Peace, live My Commandments."

I am basking in the eloquent beauty and pure simplicity of Christ's words, As noted before by others, this sums up all of Mary's messages in one simple phrase easy enough for everyone to understand and complicated enough for the leaned to stumble.

i wasn't very clear when i asked the question about Jesus using the phrase "King of Peace" i did not mean to imply that Jesus meant Marija was 'the king of peace', but that Jesus used these actual words Himself about himself, meaning that were other things He said to her during the apparition other than "I am your peace, live my commandments".

for example, did he say, "I am the King of Peace. I am your peace, live my commandments." i am just wondering if He said more in this message to Marija.
Mamamary, Sorry for misunderstanding you as the quote made me think twice about what was being said for a moment. I will delete the first part to avoid any further confusion. God Bless and rejoice in the words from our Savior!
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By LizzysMum
TimHaley wrote:
LizzysMum wrote:I'm also wondering--and obviously this is the purest of pure speculation--if the 33rd year of the apparitions will bring with it something quite significant.
At the 30th anniversary in Medjugorje, we asked the visionary Ivan the question of whether 30 years of apparitions was analogous to the 30 years of the preparation of the Lord for His ministry and that the next 3 years would be all there is remaining until the secrets begin to unfold.

Ivan paused for a moment and gave us that look that he gives when you've asked him a question he doesn't want to answer. He then responded in English, "Good question. I can't answer that." We didn't know from his answer whether we might be close to something or not, but those of us there felt it may have hit close to something. Just speculation.

It is interesting to note that it seems like all the visionaries have been actively traveling and giving their testimony more frequently since the 30th anniversary than before.
Wow, Tim. Maybe I read about that somewhere. If so, that could explain why this thought popped into my mind the other day. Was that question and answer session publicized?

Thanks!
By TimHaley
LizzysMum wrote:Wow, Tim. Maybe I read about that somewhere. If so, that could explain why this thought popped into my mind the other day. Was that question and answer session publicized?
We were there with Denis and Cathy Nolan of MaryTV. Cathy was taping all of Ivan's presentations for later transcription and publication so if it was published anywhere, it would have been by Cathy at MaryTV.
By TimHaley
A full translation of Marija's interview with Fr. Livio has just been posted here by Cathy Nolan of MaryTV.

MaryTV also plans to broadcast a live Christmas performance by Community Cernacolo in front of St. James Church at on Friday, December 28 at 10:00 AM EST followed later by a live interview with Marija about her Christmas Day apparition.
By spinningsun
This message is so beutiful, and i have think of it since december 25....Thankyou Jesus. It have also been to mutch focus in media on maya calendar, and many people have, as said before, unnecesarry afraid, and lost their hope...this message is a simple love from Baby Jesus.." I am your Peace"...
By TimHaley
And further into Pope Benedict's address we read:
"So Christ is our peace, and he proclaimed peace to those far away and to those near at hand (cf. Eph 2:14, 17). How could we now do other than pray to him: Yes, Lord, proclaim peace today to us too, whether we are far away or near at hand."

How amazing that this request was given less than 24 hours before Maria's apparition. A sign to Pope Benedict perhaps?