Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By leo daly
Whilst those who have known me for some time know that I believe in Medjugorje. Several of Our Ladys messages is to pray until prayer becomes a joy. One is March 20, 1986 "Dear children! Today I call you to approach prayer actively. You wish to live everything I am telling you, but you are not succeeding because you are not praying. Dear children, I beseech you to open yourselves and begin to pray. Prayer will be your joy. If you make a start, it won't be boring to you because you will be praying out of joy. Thank you for
having responded to my call."

Yesterday, I spent an hour in Adoration plus over an hour in other prayer as I'm trying to get started the Adoration project for our Parish. I ended up feeling absolutely wonderful. I've never felt like this before, even after several hours of prayer at Medjugorje. If you have trouble with prayer like I did, persevere and don't give up. It may take a long time like it did for me, but it will happen. There is no such thing as wasted prayer.
Cheers
Leo.
By athenacp
Thank you Leo, I needed to read this today:)
Leo that's wonderful! I've experienced that feeling in the past, and while some prayers flow so easily, other times the mind wanders it's just about getting through until the end. I think our prayer life can ebb and flow. Thanks for the reminder that it takes effort and persistence, and likely some Grace, to experience that joy.
As we saying in the abbey : praying is the key to heaven,in this modern times we have all " to do listings" we must this today .. we must so many things.., but the first thing on top of every list : praying !
By Saileog
Your words are so encouraging Leo, thank you. Lately I have been experiencing that the more stresses that are coming into my life, the less I am able to pray. My mind seems to wander all over the place and instead of finding peace from prayer I'm left with guilt for not concentrating properly. Any advice on how to clear your mind of your present worries while praying?

Thank you for your wonderful posts during your time in Medjugorje and your videos. I followed your journey all the way and I still hope that one day I will be able to make a visit.

Saileog

leo daly wrote:Whilst those who have known me for some time know that I believe in Medjugorje. Several of Our Ladys messages is to pray until prayer becomes a joy. One is March 20, 1986 "Dear children! Today I call you to approach prayer actively. You wish to live everything I am telling you, but you are not succeeding because you are not praying. Dear children, I beseech you to open yourselves and begin to pray. Prayer will be your joy. If you make a start, it won't be boring to you because you will be praying out of joy. Thank you for
having responded to my call."

Yesterday, I spent an hour in Adoration plus over an hour in other prayer as I'm trying to get started the Adoration project for our Parish. I ended up feeling absolutely wonderful. I've never felt like this before, even after several hours of prayer at Medjugorje. If you have trouble with prayer like I did, persevere and don't give up. It may take a long time like it did for me, but it will happen. There is no such thing as wasted prayer.
Cheers
Leo.
By leo daly
Saileog we all go through difficult moments in prayer. The saints called it the dark night of the soul. If you can continue praying despite these difficulties, you'll get more graces than when prayer is easy, because your faith is enabling you to keep praying even though your prayers may seem of lesser quality. God knows what is in your heart. Don't give up
Cheers
Leo.
P.S more videos coming.