Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By johntt
Yes, LM, it has been posted on the 33rd anniversary thread but it is of sufficient importance to merit another posting!

However, on the other thread, it has been mentioned that there is the possibility that the reported words of the Pope ("Pray that I have made the right decision") MIGHT have been misreported. The reported words were 'third hand' so it is certainly the case that the Pope just MIGHT have actually said "Pray that I make the right decision".
Yes, but with Pope Francis including Medjugorje in the shrines which will be represented in November, it's telling that at the least he will likely be granting Shrine status. Details are on Leo's thread and can be heard on his awesome video of the Mass a few minutes before the mention of the commission - maybe about 43 to 46 minutes or so.
Fr. Miljenko Steko denies the story:

http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/10607/pop ... n-refuted/

And so Pope Francis may have made his decision. He may even have told Fr. Miljenko about having made it. But should this have happened, what Fr. Miljenko here denies is having passed on anything to this effect. Yet all this is only of academic interest. Fr. Miljenko would like the plug to be pulled on this story, this much we can tell you for sure. Consequently, we have withdrawn our article from Thursday. Of course.

Bottomline: We are back where we were before Fr. Kevin's remarks: At some point, Pope Francis is going to raise his voice on Medjugorje. According to Cardinal Vinko Puljic of Sarajevo, a member of the Vatican Commission, he is likely to do so this year. What he will say, and if he has already decided....we don't know.
I wonder if Father Kevin will respond. I think everyone is walking on eggshells about Medjugorje because of the uncertainty surrounding the decision. I wouldn't doubt Father Miljenko said what he did to Father Kevin but hoped he did so in confidence. Now it either makes him look bad or it makes Father Kevin look bad. Either way, that's not good. That's why I pray for a decision, sooner rather than later preferably.
By TimHaley
Might have been a good idea to vet the story with Fr Miljenko first rather than rushing to publish it and then having to retract it. We all have a responsibility to protect Medjugorje from scandal and ridicule.
As I posted on the other thread, I've spoken with Fr Kevin many times and I believe he is of sound mind. I think this was a simple mistake like a chinese whisper.
Cheers
Leo.
P.S. I'm busily plotting what other ways I can cause heaps of hits on Youtube.