Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

That's a great question! I don't remember hearing anything about Pope Francis meeting any of the Medjugorje visionaries. I think they all met with one of the previous two Popes. Does anyone know if there are any plans for this? I would think he would want to meet them before making a decision either way.

Love and prayers,
Jenn
I fear your view on these topics is too romantic. Formally the pope must remain distant.
If the pope engages in a friendly relationship with a visionary, and after thirty years
they find a corpse in a closet of a visionary, speaking figuratively, of course, then
the public opinion media will use that to smear the prestige of the late pope and the whole
church. Such is the way of this world and we must conform to that.
The pope and the visionaries will really meet maybe when they are in the heavens.
Yeah always friendly, but in a sense distant. I always perceive convenient superficiality.
No time, the agenda and tight schedule is the excuse always.
He would not invite them for a tea and talk life with them.
Or with anyone really really seriously.
Convenient even maybe for the above reasons I mentioned.
Does the pope have a real close friend with whom he would listen music or watch tv or play chess, small-talk even about himself?
I know he visits the poor and all that. But it keeps my mind busy. How close is that to reality? How close it that to authenticity?
I know he goes, I know he talks, but what I miss is what is difficult to express in words. I hope him to be no showpope.
And he does his best to not show that it is all for the show while doing that show, but it is that feeling.
I think that question would be more relevant. What's inside the pope? Can he be jovial?
An invitation to an event so and so is so superficial and formal.
Breaking the barrier from authoritarian to a warm personal relationship being in an authoritarian role must kill this man from the inside.
So what I want to say is that it is impossible to really really meet, and everybody will lock wild conclusions to a meeting
even a superficial meeting between a visionary and the pope. We know that by now.
That is why I wrote the previous that he must be very careful.
My vision is that "Real Engagement" is what this world needs.
And real engagement is impossible to show for the pope as an example to the world.
Not in the least because of the fear of being judged by the world after you may have made a misjudgment with whom you engaged.

Superficial engagement is like a "Facebook like thumbs up"