Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

If Medjugorje is Fulfillment of Fatima, why so little discussion about that fact in the Medjugorje world?

It has been said many times that Medjugorje is known for its repetitive messages without specifics.. On August 25, 1991 Our lady specifically mentioned Fatima, which after 33 years still remains as the only specific earthly place Our Lady has mentioned.

Medjugorje Message, August 25, 1991 [O]
“Dear Children! Today also I invite you to prayer, now as never before when my plan has begun to be realized. Satan is strong and wants to sweep away plans of peace and joy and make you think that my Son is not strong in his decisions. Therefore, I call all of you, dear children to pray and fast still more firmly. I invite you to realize through the secrets I began in Fatima may be fulfilled. I call you, dear children, to grasp the importance of my coming and the seriousness of the situation. I want to save all souls and present them to God. Therefore, let us pray that everything I have begun be fully realized. Thank you for having responded to my call. ”
Steve,
good question. I think its partly because the end game (how it unfolds rather than the actual nature of the "triumph") is still to a certain extent shrouded in mystery.The bigger issue for me is why so many apparition devotees accept non catholic millenarian ideas about what the future holds. I very much like the fact that in Medjugorje there never has been any suggestion about temporal kingdoms, Eucharistic reigns etc to come. I remember Pablovb posting this a while back which fits perfectly with the eschatological teachings of the Church:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oxSMnsrNiU
at 4:13 a guy from the crowd ask mirjana about the second coming of Jesus and she at 4:27 respond..." in one of the last messages of 2 october(2010) our lady said Dear children help me to open the paths to my Son, so Its very clear"
Stephen
www.divinemercypopes.com
Look at this forum, it is the only dedicated to Medjugorje in English.
Days pass by and no posts.
No spectacular view numbers unless Spirit Daily links to it.
When I go Medjugorje I see a full church every morning at English mass.

If Medjugorje lives with the people, I don't understand.
Garabandal forum is more active than this one.

Must I conclude Medjugorje is not alive in the hearts, rather it is dead?

If I were Gospa I would be disappointed.
I see no discussion.
If you had passion your hearts would flow over with it.
You would shout from the rooftops.
Some do maybe but probably when I look in the other direction
Pretty much this a travel board. The big thing is the destination. I personally am interested in the secrets but that is poo pooed to talk about. And also I do believe that miracles can come from prayer where ever you are and honoring God is the point.
i feel that medjugorje stands on its own, has it's own message and own purpuse. when our lady speaks of it being the fulfillment of fatima, to me, it means that the events spoken of in fatima will come to fruition in the times (and mission of) medjugorje.

whether or not the forum has peaks and valleys in its following is of no significance to our lady. she doesn't want people to sit around and talk about medjugorje, but to live it, learn from it and make it real. it is all about making the messages and conversion of medjugorje. to that count, there are untold millions.
This forum has been a victim, like many websites, of facebook. Medjugorje.org has 30000 + likes and Medjugorjetoday facebook has 90000 + ..With facebook you receive a steady stream of Medjugorje information and some discussion without having to click to this site to see what is going on...Sometimes I don;t know why I go here.. I guess out of habit. And there are still very knowledgeable people hanging around

I do agree with one post's comment which suggested that discussions were often moderated too carefully. I have a great deal of respect for the admin and moderators of this forum but in efforts to keep the peace they strangled the life out of it. We are left with discussion like "Do the visionaries believe in aliens?" The only hope for this place is remove restrictions.. Talk about Garabandahl, (use discernment when discussing this group) even (though I in agreement with the Carirtas restriction)
I've been wondering why Fatima warned about Russia and not the terrorism from the fanatical Muslim Extremists

ministryvalues wrote: We are left with discussion like "Do the visionaries believe in aliens?" The only hope for this place is remove restrictions.. Talk about Garabandahl, (use discernment when discussing this group) even (though I in agreement with the Carirtas restriction)
With all due respect, ministryvalues, I thought my question was a good question given the occurrences of UFO abductions going on the last 50 to 60 years.
It is pretty clear to me medjugorje warned about radical Islam.. Most of them went to the Middle East in a very public way to pray for peace...

Your question about aliens is fine .. I think it is great to ask whatever is on one's mind. My point was I have posted items i.e.(Russia, Fatima Medjugorje) that have at times resulted in criticisms, warnings and posts being moved.

I think this forum should encourage debate not water it down to "keep the peace". This forum's strength in the past was that it was viewed as a a place to get hard facts about Medjugorje. I am not sure that is the case anymore.

By the way you might find this interesting regarding Russia and religion ....."Leader of Russian Orthodox Church Given Jet Fighter as "Gift" ..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/1 ... 30970.html
Medjugorje Today reported extensively of the Medjugorje visionaries going Lebanon just as the Syrian civil war began to become an international story.

http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/7976/ivan ... -churches/

Vicki went to the middle east twice recently I think...

The day before Pope Francis told he is ready to go to Iraq, the Virgin Mary told Medjugorje visionary Ivan Dragicevic that she prays for his mission of peace. On August 18, the day of Francis’ announcement, she warned that Satan wants to destroy her plans and asked for perseverance in prayer.
I love this forum and I am definitely one who is turned off by the sometimes judgmental comments and no holds barred debates that happen on a lot of sites like this. The people on this forum have prayed for me, have joined me in my time in Medjugorje, and have shared in my joys and struggles. I don't need additional drama in my life. I just enjoy hearing people's stories, encouraging them, praying for them, and joining them on the steep climb to Heaven.

Love and prayers,

Jenn
Perfectly understood . Perhaps it would useful for moderators or admin to weigh in. One responder suggested more interesting debates would be good for the forum. The question to me is what does the forum admin people think. Many social networking sites provide a place to make friends and share pictures and stories. The internet has evolved and so I think it would be interesting to here about the goals and objectives of this forum in this new world of Facebook
No one ever talks about society now, gay marriage, the regular child killings in schools, the cell phone and internet (censored) that is corrupting youth, the drugs that are everywhere and now legalized. The amount of begging on the streets in every community. I try to get my hands dirty with talking to the marginalized online who are dealing with depression and sin in marriages and families. I talk to street people as I give them donations and pray for them. We have to be lights in this day of darkness in society and its so so dark., The Virgin Mary inspires me to pray and get involved in every way I can to lead people to Jesus and the gospel, to be loving and helpful to all I meet. Medjugorie inspires me to lead a better life!