Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Our LAdy has said "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph," She told us, "..... will be converted and a period of peace shall be given to mankind."

Image Image

AT Medjugorje the Queen of Peace has said a number of times "Now is a time/period of grace"

I have always found it interesting that the EU flag is based on the Twelve stars mentioned in the book of revelations 12:1 and that the Queen of Peace comes to the visionaries with a crown of twelve stars.
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars
The real odd event is that the EU in 2012 received the "Noble Peace Prize".
Was the establishment of the European Union under the flag of twelve stars the beginning of the "period of peace" and now does the peace prize mark the end of the "Period of Peace" More signs?
Hi Blue cross.. I should have provided a source for the quote but I was trying to minimize the use of the words Fatima and Russia.
The quote is from Fatima .The source is wiki though there are many places to find this quote. It comes from the Second secret of Fatima.
To prevent this, I shall come to ask for the Consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of reparation on the First Saturdays. If my requests are heeded, Russia will be converted, and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions of the Church. The good will be martyred; the Holy Father will have much to suffer; various nations will be annihilated. In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to me, and she shall be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to the world.[6]
Also referring to the EU getting the Peace Prize as "Odd" was a clumsy choice of words.

What I was attempting to convey was that the similarities between the image of the Queen of Peace from Medjugorje and the EU Flag - inspired by the Virgin Mary is worth noting. I have no doubt that it is not a coincidence .. God works in mysterious ways. My point was the EU and its blue flag of twelve stars did indeed receive the Noble Peace Prize. Is it a sign of the times; does it represent the end or the beginning of the "period of peace"? Of course we can say it represents nothing - but that point is no more wrong or right than the possibility that Nobel Prize given to the EU is in fact a "sign".
The significance of the EU getting the Nobel prize vs other organizations is that EU is a collection of "Nations" and Our Lady speaks of "nations" at Fatima.

Sometimes God's revelation are simple and obvious and are designed to make elites and intellectuals scoff.

My favorite example of obvious signs from God are the "weeping statues" of the Virgin Mary. These things send intellectuals into a tizzy. I think it is a sign of God's sense of humor.

About the origins of the EU flag
By Pietro Squassabia

The European Court of human rights has hunted the crucifix out of schools; nevertheless, Europe remains under Mary’s protection. Everything is in her hands: even the flag belongs to Her.

This is what happened to Chiara Lubich in August 1999 during the report that she was making in Strasbourg to the members of the European Parliament: she was presented with an article from a French magazine, signed by the Abbot Pierre Caillon, who wrote:
I would like to tell you a beautiful story. One day in Lisieux I met someone who said to me: “I’m from Strasbourg and I’ve also been asked to design the fl ag of Europe. I had an idea to put the twelve stars of the Miraculous Medal of Rue du Bac, in Paris, on a blue background. Despite the fact that over one hundred designs were submitted over a period of 5 years, it was Our Lady’s fl ag that triumphed out of modesty, discretion and humility. It recalls the readings of the mass of the 15 th of August: “A great sign appeared in the sky. A woman dressed in the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head”.

Obviously this is the flag of all Europeans and, as usual, people avoid evoking its religious meaning, by virtue of inviolable laity. But people have the right to know how things originated.

The twelve stars never corresponded to the number of countries. All those who want to work for peace will be happy to know that the fl ag of Europe is that of Our Lady, Queen of Peace”. And so the populations of the European Union who gather around “Our Lady’s” fl ag have reason to be joyful, knowing that they are beneath Mary’s protection, she constantly watches over us and assists us with her Mother’s heart.
By Steven
“The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure.”

“Heaven is like a treasure hidden from our senses, unknown to man. We are not looking for it, interested in it or even aware of it. We don’t even know if it is something we can truly understand. But from the very beginning of man, regardless of where he is from, there is a precise awareness that earth is not our final destination and that there is more here than meets the eye.”

http://fralfonse.blogspot.com/2010/07/b ... asure.html
Concerning signs and whether we should discern them, which has now come up in two discussions, I quote from St John Paul in a homily on October 24 2003:
" "You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky; but why do you not know how to interpret the present time?" (Lk 12: 56). With these words, too, Jesus urges us to face the realities of our time. If, on the one hand, your hearts must never be detached from contemplation of the mystery of God, on the other, you must keep your gaze fixed on the events of the world and of history. The Second Vatican Council said in this regard that the Church has always had the duty "of scrutinizing the signs of the times and of interpreting them in the light of the Gospel. Thus, in language intelligible to each generation, she can respond to the perennial questions which men ask about this present life and the life to come, and about the relationship of the one to the other" (Gaudium et Spes, n. 4). (Pope's emphasis by the way!)
www.divinemercypopes.com
By kim52
Ever changeing society? The Gospels never change. Even though changing society includes gay marriage, that does not mean I do not feel threatned by this present pope when he sees gay unions as having precious potential or what ever he said. I do not feel that that is evangelization at all. The sacrament of marriage is between man and woman and anything else takes away from that central holy relationship and is an abomination. Where in the world will be in this society if we keep inching away from the words in the bible? Start uprooting the very ground work of my faith and my teeth grind in my sleep and during the day as they are now.
Bluecross,
You said "We try and join the “dots” or “signs” in an attempt to perhaps get a better understanding of the future and prophecy fulfilment". My reply with quote of St JPII was in response to that. I said nothing about signs of the end of the world. It referred to your suggestion that looking for signs in order to understand the future was wrong somehow.
In reality, if committed Christians did not seek to discern the signs of the times, then there would not be the vigerous counter raecation to the terrible times we live in. We wouldnt have prayer and fasting, vigils ouside abortion clinics, stout defense of the Church teaching on marriage Nobody would know what was going on because we would all have our heads buried in the sand. Mary's presence in Medjugorje is a sign of the times.
It is very good Bluecross that you continually draw our attention to Jesus. I couldnt agree more, but we must not close our minds to the truth that is out there in the world. In the words of John Paul II on June 19 1983 to the priest of the Pauline Fathers, we understand the gravity of the situation: " " Our times are in need of this action (the growth of the order and their charism through the Holy Spirit), because they are times of great struggle. The late Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski, who was your spiritual brother spoke often of it. Many times he said, using the latin words: "Non est nobis colluctatio adversus carnem et sanguinem, sed adversus principes . . . Tenebrarum harum" (Eph 6:12).In the period of these great struggles, Mary is given to us as a sign. "A woman clothed with the sun with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars" (Rev 12:1), thus sees John in the Book of Revelation. In the period of this great struggle with the "principes et potestates . . . Tenebrarum harum" a powerful illumination is required, more powerful than at any other time, of the power of the Holy Spirit, through his most pure Spouse"
http://www.amazon.com/Heralds-Second-Co ... 8&sr=&qid=
My attempt to understand the reason for Medjugorje is so I can give an answer to unbelievers who question me about it.
Your post bluecross:
“The discovery that God loves me and that his love is greater than my sinfulness brought me to the end of my search for any signs or need to join up the dots. Significantly, it happened at Medjugorje under the the sign of the cross – the Blue Cross."
is quite moving.

I understand it. What sticks in my mind, though, is those words from Our Lady, "you are not helping me." And her words, "I need your help." Our Lady asks us to pray and fast for her intentions, and for unbelievers. These people are in great jeopardy of being lost, and by our prayers for them we can help Our Lady lead them on the path of Salvation.
And that leads me to the gist of what I said earlier. As St. Paul said, "I have become all things to all people, so that by all possible means I might save some." If explaining the seriousness of Medjugorje (the last call to conversion; Satan's power destroyed at the end) to an unbeliever leads him or her to a change of heart, then it is not a bad idea to point these things out, along with what "Satan's power destroyed" means, theologically. So it could help Our Lady. Is this an approach to take for everyone? No. Will it work with all unbelievers? No. But if it works on just one, gets just one to think about these things and start on the path to conversion, then it is a success.
God bless you.
Thank you bluecross for the post on the Miraculous Medal. I had forgotten about that, and did not know Our Lady at Medjugorje had mentioned it.
I had one as a kid which is long since gone.

A few years ago I looked at the back image as shown on your link and could not help but think Of Medjugorje. I often wonder if that medal is a prophecy of Medjugorje, the apparition whereby Our Lady will destroy the power of Satan? The front side shows Our Lady crushing the serpent. The back side shows a cross on a pedestal which brings to my mind the cross on the pedestal on Cross Mountain. The M could stand for many things - Mary, Miraculous, Mir, or Medjugorje, or it could mean all of them at once. The M forms two hills surrounding the cross- Medjugorje means "between the hills". And then there is the twelve stars - and Our Lady appears at Medjugorje with the crown of twelve stars.

Anyway, after reading your link above, I went out and bought three miraculous medals, for my two sisters and myself. My wife already has one. Tomorrow I will have them blessed and begin wearing it.

God bless you.