Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By leo daly
Old Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".

This is interesting, we have also been told that the Pope will be coming to B i H next year. Will he do both ? I can't see why not.
By mamamary
there is a visit every 5 years, correct? personally, i am tired of the vague statements each pontiff in past has made in reference to the medugorje situation. it isn't leadership, it's ambiguity. as charismatic and EVANGELICAL as this new pope seems to be, and with the commission complete, maybe there will be more than just vague wishes for peace and unity in his statement. we shall see. this pope doesn't seem to shy away from 'saying it like he sees it' so hopefully there will be a very decisive and clear statement made.
By ministryvalues
I am with you mamamary...One could argue that it is pretty ridiculous that these committee members sit around and talk about "little thing", as Pope Francis might say, while 40,000,000 people - Catholics - think something very special is going on. The thing that drives me batty is that the Church won't even say something like.."Good golly these six children have certainly created something extraordinary that is important to millions of Catholics and we will do EVERYTHING in our power to understand the events as soon as possible" For Pete's sake (can i say that :) ) Medjugorje is now the third most visited Catholic "Shrine" in the world behind Our Lady of Guadalupe and Lourdes.

As I said it is ridiculous acting like "Oh yes Medjugorje, we will see if we have time to get to that after our tea."
By mamamary
i have banked all my salvation on that one phrase "blessed are those who believe without having seen"! lol! i haven't seen a thing but believe it all!
By Seeker of Light
I believe that our Pope is just unsure as to what to do with Medujugorje.

So many people for it and so many against.

As our USA politicians like to say "he has placed it on the back burner"
By TimHaley
Seeker of Light wrote:I believe that our Pope is just unsure as to what to do with Medujugorje.

So many people for it and so many against.

As our USA politicians like to say "he has placed it on the back burner"

Make no mistake. God does not play politics. When it comes to a proclamation by the Church, the number of people for or against something isn't the primary determining factor. Pope Francis is not concerned about a popularity contest. He makes statements daily that make the wolves in the church wail and nash their teeth. The decision on Medjugorje will be revealed according to God's timing and will be done in conformance with doctrinal principals. There are currently greater issues that are facing the Church that must be addressed. No one's salvation is currently at stake due to the current status on Medjugorje.
By leo daly
"There are currently greater issues that are facing the Church that must be addressed. No one's salvation is currently at stake due to the current status on Medjugorje."

Well said Tim
By MRSTOL
Dear All,

I "Made Haste" and went to Medjugorje for the first time in 1988. I believed without seeing or approval of bishops. I never knew of signs and wonders. I just knew that he BVM was calling me to come visit her in some remote place as she usually appears to some. It is the most WONDERFULL JOYFULL trip I ever made. I will continue to keep going as long as I find money or given money to go! I can only surmise how the visionairres feel after not seeing the BVM any more or waiting each day or month to see her again because I have similar feelings for not being there right now. I don't need shrine status or confirmation on the authenticity of signs, wonders or miracles to know the fruits of each pilgrimage. It just know in my heart and soul that it is heaven on earth and has change my family's and my life forever.

Love in Christ
MRSTOL
By cc
There's been many apparitions over time that have been discouraged , blacklisted that eventually get approved. It's good to remember that God's ways are not our own as Tim said. At the same time he is aware of our ways and is interested, it is not like he is removed from them. His will is done regardless of mans intentions and actions. If Medj. were to go black this would be my consolation.
By ActionReq
Jesus was blacklisted, so that would be favorable.
In the footsteps of Jesus.
I think it appears Jesus never tried to be popular.
Never tried hard to be accepted by the world.