Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

wow! is is just me, or does it seem as if Our Lady has posted her response to this thread in her message of the 2nd of the month!!!

Dear children, I am here among you to encourage you, to fill you with my love and to call you anew to be witnesses of the love of my Son.

Many of my children do not have hope, they do not have peace, they do not have love.

They are seeking my Son, but do not know how and where to find him.

My Son is opening wide his arms to them, and you are to help them to come to his embrace.

My children, that is why you must pray for love. You must pray very, very much to have all the more love, because love conquers death and makes life last.

Apostles of my love, my children, with an honest and simple heart unite in prayer regardless of how far you are from each other.

Encourage each other in spiritual growth as I am encouraging you.

I am watching over you and am with you whenever you think of me.

Pray also for your shepherds, for those who renounce everything for the sake of my Son and for your sake. Love them and pray for them.

The Heavenly Father is listening to your prayers. Thank you.
By kim52
I am going into hibernation and prayer, this Pope scares me and luckily my Catholic Church explains to me through the Priests my questions. Helping refrugees this is a political act in my book and responsively helping them assimilate is paramount. Charitable yes, but we must all be citizens of our country and follow said laws. I do not know how you separate politics from daily life. In this day and age is that possible?
By mamamary
this Pope scares me and luckily my Catholic Church explains to me through the Priests my questions.
i think this is the most disturbing thing i have ever read on this forum. this is a statement that speaks of fear, confusion and is something the devil would want us to feel---fear of the successor of Peter, of CHRIST himself, that our holy father misleads us, to distrust him, to look to others with views similar to our own, to look for division in our church. not to someone with the 'right' views, but the views we want.

the holy father speaks the truth when he says that american catholics worship politics and follow political leadership more than the teachings of the catholic church. his visit infuriated both political extremes who were looking for the holy father to clearly align to their camps. when asked if he was liberal, he responds simply, 'i am catholic'

it is a sad day when feeding the poor, helping those who need the love of christ, are actions that are feared and vilified. yet, we mindlessly funnel endless streams of cash into war, into weapons, without once questioning those leaders who tell us to beware the pope.

it is by the glorious grace of God that we have been given pope francis as our pope. his teachings are without flaw, they are in harmony with the teachings of the catholic church. any priest or religious who expresses an negative opinion or criticizes the holy father, convincing someone to not follow the lead of our shepherd who is christ's presence on earth, than that religious leader is guilty of a very grave sin. no true teacher would lead the sheep from the staff of the shepherd.

we are moving so far from christ's truth in our everyday life. if we 'fear' the pope or dislike what he says, than we are becoming dangerously removed from all that Jesus has taught us. ironically, we are drawn to sites like this that tell of apparitions and long for the day when the world will be 'righted' by God's justice in the form of the secrets. in the same breath, we criticize and fear the holy father who tells us how to right our path right now without the wrath of an angry God.

we have so much to learn. maybe we should start listening to our pope.
By mamamary
fear of the head of the catholic church, of his direction and his teachings is not a feeling that comes from God, Kim. this is a feeling that comes from the devil. he is the one who plants these feelings of confusion and division about our faith in us. i never said you were evil.
By Maryh
But Kim said she felt lucky to have catholic priests who explains her questions to her!!!
Not everyone can have automatic trust or understanding for 'authority figures' no matter who they are.
We're all only human. That's why only God can really judge us.

I didn't get the impression from Kim's' post that she was seeking people out who were just going to tell her things she wanted to hear, or was looking for division and all those other things you implied she was doing.
I presume listening to the priests is looking to hear the 'right' view not the ones she particularly wanted to hear.

I don't know if its these online forum conversations or what but I too felt really misunderstood in previous posts when I
expressed concerns about the refugee crisis.
I had some genuine problems that I felt inadequate to face & I felt some of the replies made me feel very ostracized and like a bad person almost.
Things were just put to me in very simplistic, all or nothing, black and white terms.
If you feel fear- your just being totally influenced by the devil- this type of response.
Or that deep in your heart your just trying to make excuses not to help & just be selfish instead.!!!
Its not helpful to tell a person who is experiencing fear this;, why not just remind us that Jesus says to 'not be afraid' or 'don't let your heart be troubled'. God tells us that 'we are his' 'he's carved us on the palm of his hand'- he goes after the lost sheep, and has come for the 'unrighteous' ones. Its discouraging to tell somebody that if they're struggling with confusion or fear or whatever, that its all the work of the devil, we are permitting the devil to influence us; it just makes me feel lost and far from God when I hear this.

I still feel totally out of my depth in relation to this refugee crisis. Its on a massive scale. Massive.
It will be hard. Why not just say it like it is. Its the truth. There will be upheavals'. And there are many things to be taken into consideration. Its not a question of not wanting to give. Its the scale both short term and long term.
But I will not ever try to voice these problems again on an internet forum unless I want a big convoluted conversation with frequent misunderstandings.

Read in the bible once to 'make yourself rich in all things and then share'....reading this I realise you cannot give what you do not have.
Think this is the way forward, to focus only on God and what he wants us to do, to the best of our understanding.
To whom much is given much is also expected.

Prayer for Migrants
Be with those who long for a friendly face.
Be with those who long for a loving touch.
Be with those who long to feel safe from wars and hatred.
Be with those who have lost hope.
Be with me today and with those I love.

Now, I'm off to go into hibernation also.
By Maryh
Yes, the refugee's too are God's joy in this world, lest we forget.
They're just as much his children as we are! He made them, he's proud of them and wants the best for them.

I hope they too find it a time of grace & that God guides them to a place where they can live in peace and truly call home.
Its hard to be aware of grace when you are suffering.
I pray they'll be able to make a living and have a basic human dignity and are not shunned away in isolation.

They all want to reach Britain & the UK though. An awful lot of them do. I hope they are not too disappointed if/when they do reach there. I have my doubts.

Where did you meet them Bluecross?
Did you give them anything? :)
Did they speak English? Were they a family?

Anyways, got to keep looking to & trusting in God as he is the great provider who looks after his people.
He looks after the sparrows & the grass in the field, & people are infinitely more important than these to him.
By Maryh
Yes, having both pleasant & peaceful exchanges with our fellow human beings in general can certainly
be an unusual occurrence.

I was not surprised that the migrants themselves were pleasant or peaceful so no I wasn't suggesting that was unusual.
Sounds like you took meeting them in your stride & reached out to them to ask if they needed anything. They welcomed your generosity and good will towards them & you found they had an open heart towards you in return.
I hope this kind of meeting happens more often than not! :)

Sure we're all migrants in the grand scheme of things, this planet hasn't felt like my true home for a long time now.
Oh if I had the wings like a dove.. I'd be flying away to be at peace.
It is absolutely astonishing to study nature though and the way swallows can migrate back into the very same barn & nest they left the previous
September. God equipped them with their own little Satnav's.

Its not a fair playing field though, the troubles some people have to endure in this life;
we're all migrants sure, but we're certainly not all in the same boat. :worried
(If you'll pardon the bad pun here).
By Maryh
Anyone got any more opinions about showing hospitality?

I'm struggling with the act of mercy to 'welcome the stranger'...my attitude has taken a nose dive!

So any positive input I'd really appreciate it & I'll refrain from airing my views.
By Maryh
Two words 'Eve Teasing' & fair game. Putting foxes into the chicken coup.
Houston we have a problem.

There's always a lot of silence & nothingness on the matter.. these ugly & unpleasant aspects of life.
I've never seen much by way of a merciful response anyways.
I like to think of Vicka and her words on suffering or the Visonaries words on life - that it is like a flower .. Life passes quickly. Marija suggests we think about eternity and this world will make more sense.
By Maryh
Thanks Steve,
I agree I'm sure it will all make sense in the next world. All the sufferings and the reasons for them.

I just wish people were more motivated to prevent and alleviate suffering in this world because evil prevails
when good men & women do nothing, and also when they make the wrong choices.
I'm not going to lie down like a catholic doormat and take whatever suffering comes my way; I'm going to fight it and prevent it wherever possible.

Also, I wish each government would take responsibility to protect their people & make the right choices. I think Angela Merkel was totally naïve and reckless, not prudent.
God knows these people are being paid enough to do this. I think they've lived so long in ivory towers they're removed from reality.

I know I need to just keep looking to God for the answers because I'm totally flummoxed on this issue now in so many ways.
Jesus told us in Matthew 10:16 Behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and simple as doves. Then He goes on to describe coming persecutions for His people. The San Bernardino massacre that happened on December 2 by a husband and wife jihadist couple has prompted me to pray more but I have questions: What are they trying to accomplish through jihad? Where do they want their Caliphate to control? Do they have a set date when this is supposed to take place....it seems like the attacks are occurring with more and more frequency to possibly indicate that they are in a hurry. I am convinced that only an act of God will cause a massive conversion to Christianity, not words of world and religious leaders. I just want to make one more statement about the San Bernardino attack. After this couple killed and wounded dozens of innocent people, the first responders came to tend to the murdered and wounded. Ambulances took the wounded away to hospitals. Then a bomb threat was called into the hospital where the wounded were taken. A bomb threat...The whole thing was so shockingly evil, it takes time to forgive. Prayer and fasting are powerful ways to hasten the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
I want to be clear on one thing ---Even Pope Francis calls ISIS a horrible enemy and needs to be destroyed. So there are "bad guys" in the world.
Refugees is a tough question... I am no historian but I have read the emigration of Irish catholic was met with great concern, in the USA