Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By beloved
Message, 25. September 2015

“Dear children! Also today I am praying to the Holy Spirit to fill your hearts with a strong faith. Prayer and faith will fill your heart with love and joy and you will be a sign for those who are far from God. Little children, encourage each other to prayer with the heart, so that prayer may fulfill your life; and each day, you, little children, will be, above all, witnesses of serving God in adoration and of your neighbor in need. I am with you and intercede for all of you. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
We have heard this beautiful message of Prayer over and over again but am I really listening? This morning I woke up early with my mind spinning with all the problems of the world heavily weighing me down. I tried to say a Rosary but all these distractions made it very difficult. 1.5 hours later I finally managed to say at least one mystery.

And this is why Mary has to keep reminding us because I do not listen or just don't get it that prayer is the most important thing. After all, what else could Mary say that is more important than prayer?
BC, Forgive me if I am wrong but I am assuming your comment was directed towards me.

If it was, Yes I have anxiety about the problems facing our world and usually you are correct that it is the right thing to give this up to the Lord. However, sometimes anxiety can be a good thing if used in the proper way. Maybe if more people truly realized how much unborn babies and the mother suffer when going through an abortion they might change their minds and choose life.

I have seen this pain first hand as I occasionally volunteer for a pro-life group who help provide financial, emotional, spiritual, and medical help to those contemplating abortion. Society has made it all too easy for the woman or couple to abort their baby. But when a woman is shown the ultrasound of her unborn baby, immediate anxiety comes across her face as if maybe for the first time she realizes it is not just a blob of tissue (this is what Planned Parenthood tells them) but rather, they see a living, vibrant human being inside of them. Over 90% who see their unborn baby choose life.

Maybe if each person in our society could see this first hand, up close and personal, they to might become uncomfortable enough to change their minds.

How can I rest in peace without anxiety when millions of precious innocent babies are aborted around the world with no way to defend themselves?? I cannot rest until this barbaric, peace destroying practice has ended.

How can anyone, especially Christians who truly listen to their conscience rest easy, even after Mass, knowing that just down the street an unborn baby is being brutally murdered with their body parts being sold while we go off on our merry way? As long as abortion exists, there can be no Peace...
By Gael
"Serve your neighbour in need"

Might be the person next door, or a few million refugees, great opportunities right now to serve. God help us serve others.
BC, I would be happy to answer your question on the death penalty; however, I would also appreciate it if you could let me know what your position is on abortion and the death penalty?

I am in agreement with the Catholic Church's teaching on the death penalty which allows for it in cases of heinous crimes against humanity and defending lives against the perpetrator. (CCC 2267)
In a just judgement the person sentenced to death has taken the life or harmed a fellow human being to receive such a sentence.

I am also in agreement with the Catholic Church's teaching on abortion. (CCC 2270-2275) The unborn has no voice to defend themselves from this unjust, inhumane punishment which ultimately leads to premature death. You can spin it any way you want; however, abortion is an atrocity that currently haunts mankind and will continue to do so until we abolish this barbaric practice.
https://sremmanuel.org/newsletter/july-15-2010/

“Children of Medjugorje” - http://www.childrenofmedjugorje.com

Sr. Emmanuel -
...The Gospa never gave a public message concerning abortion. But in the 80’s she educated the youth of the prayer group on this matter. Here is what I gathered from it:
The Blessed Mother recommended to all not to judge these mothers, but to pray so that such mothers would no longer exist. She asked these young to do whatever is in their power to help these mothers to reconcile with God through Confession, and act towards them with much love and discretion. She also told Mirjana, “Abortion is a great sin, for it is killing a human being. God who is good forgives all the sins, but for this sin in particular He asks a great penance from the father and the mother of the child.”
It is significant to see how much the Blessed Mother includes the child’s father in this delicate matter...
From Medjugorje Today: http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/9038/mari ... a-gesture/
Marija started out by revealing that the Virgin Mary asks the Medjugorje visionaries to visit specific places.
“Our Lady invites us to go here and there, to give our testimony” Marija said.

“The Church in Ireland is going through a very difficult time. "Ireland is close to recognize gay marriage, abortion – all things that are against man and against God’s law, satanic things.”
“Once Ireland was a Catholic country. Unfortunately, a few years ago, there were problems with pedophile priests that have done great damage in Ireland. Many people have distanced themselves from the Church. Many priests left the Church because of this problem” the seer recounted.”
Medjugorje Today - http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/2886/mari ... -abortion/
“Our Lady weeps and suffers greatly because of abortion. Imagine if my mother had chosen this option, because we are a family of many children – then I would not be among you here today, seeing and sharing the messages of Our Lady” Marija said, according to Medjugorje Today viewer Sandra Diaz who was among the crowd in Mexico City..."
Medjugorje dot com - "Transform My Messages Into Life"-Mirijana speaks 10-17-07
A man asks for Mirjana to pray for all of the people in (the profession of) medical care because abortion is a terrible thing happening in the world. And unfortunately many physicians and doctors, because they don’t believe, do it for money.

“...We pray for that intention, and I will tell you an example. Twenty-four years ago, I had a chance to meet many girls in Sarajevo who had committed abortions just like nothing. And one occasion I had enough courage to ask Our Lady, I asked her ‘what happens to those unborn babies? Why don’t they go to Heaven because they did not choose to be killed?’ Our Lady said to me, ‘Those children are in Heaven with Me.’ And now, 24 years after, even our holy Catholic Church says and confirms: there is no limbo, that they go straight to Heaven...
BC, I already answered your question. Maybe you didn't see my past post? -
BC, I would be happy to answer your question on the death penalty; however, I would also appreciate it if you could let me know what your position is on abortion and the death penalty?

I am in agreement with the Catholic Church's teaching on the death penalty which allows for it in cases of heinous crimes against humanity and defending lives against the perpetrator. (CCC 2267)
In a just judgement the person sentenced to death has taken the life or harmed a fellow human being to receive such a sentence.

I am also in agreement with the Catholic Church's teaching on abortion. (CCC 2270-2275) The unborn has no voice to defend themselves from this unjust, inhumane punishment which ultimately leads to premature death. You can spin it any way you want; however, abortion is an atrocity that currently haunts mankind and will continue to do so until we abolish this barbaric practice.
Again, If you don't mind me asking, what is your opinion on the death penalty and abortion?
Medjugorje Prayers. I'm guessing that you are in Ireland like myself?!

While I agree wholeheartedly on your stance on abortion- I am very pro life- I'm wondering where do you stand on abortion in cases of rape, particularly of a minor?

I hate to think this, but if my daughter were to come to my at 11 or 12 pregnant my pro life stance may well be very compromised. From a physical, emotional and psychological point of view I cannot see why fetal well being would trump that of a pregnant child, or why Mary herself would view it this way. I just don't think I could gamble with my child's life in this way, but would God view this as a grave sin?
S.A.M., I am 1/2 Irish but live in the US. I have the upmost compassion for any woman who is faced with the decision of abortion. In many ways the greater sin falls on society as a whole because we have made this option legally available.

Believe me when I tell you that your great love for your daughter with our Lord's help would be enough for both you and your daughter to endure the pregnancy. We cannot just condemn abortion without first helping those who are faced with this dilemma.

In cases of rape and incest, Church Doctrine still states that it is not ok to have an abortion. This is a very difficult situation to be in and until it happens (God Forbid), I don't think most people would really know how they would react. The argument for not allowing the abortion even in this case is to prevent further damage by killing the unborn baby who has done nothing wrong to deserve the death penalty.

It's easy for me to say that I am personally against abortion in any situation but in reality, this would be a very, very painful decision to uphold. This is a loaded question that is used quite often in the abortion debate with many allowing this exception.
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC, I only posted the Catechism reference numbers for others to reference and did not quote them directly but rather used my own interpretation. Thank you for clarifying this if others may have been confused by my meaning.
The Catechism on the death penalty goes much further than what you quoted in my last post. I agree that the death penalty should be used rarely but their are times when it can be justly applied.

Here is the part of the Catechism that applies to our conversation.

Catechism of the Catholic Church, Part Three, Article 5, The Fifth Commandment I. Legitimate defense, Paragraph 2266
Preserving the common good of society requires rendering the aggressor unable to inflect harm. For this reason the traditional teaching of the Church has acknowledged as well-founded the right and duty of legitimate public authority to punish malefactors by means of penalties commensurate with the gravity of the crime, not excluding, in cases of extreme gravity, the death penalty. For analogous reasons those holding authority have the right to repel by armed force aggressors against the community in their charge.
If Beloved would like me to remove these comments concerning abortion I would be happy to relocate them to a new post.

However, Mary's message posted here encourages us to serve our neighbor. I sincerely consider the unborn my neighbor and will do everything I can to speak out on their behalf.
“Dear children! Also today I am praying to the Holy Spirit to fill your hearts with a strong faith. Prayer and faith will fill your heart with love and joy and you will be a sign for those who are far from God. Little children, encourage each other to prayer with the heart, so that prayer may fulfill your life; and each day, you, little children, will be, above all, witnesses of serving God in adoration and of your neighbor in need. I am with you and intercede for all of you. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
My quote:
How can anyone, especially Christians who truly listen to their conscience rest easy, even after Mass, knowing that just down the street an unborn baby is being brutally murdered with their body parts being sold while we go off on our merry way?
I used this as a question, not because I think these people are evil but rather, they do this out of ignorance as I have to believe that most do not truly understand how much the unborn baby and mom suffers when going through an abortion. It has become a society norm, out of sight, out of mind.

If I have offended you I apologise and want you to know that I have learned a lot from your insights here. That doesn't mean I will sometimes respectfully disagree with you.

God Bless
Thanks Medjugorje prayers.
I just wish that there was much more support available for women in crisis pregnancies. all too often abortion is seen as the answer but it rarely is. It's so cruel that women feel like they have no choice. abortion despite being advertised by the pro choice lobby as pro woman and empowering is anything but in reality