Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

ActionReq wrote:Of course there is no proof in the text itself.... The proof lies in the fact to find someone who wins the lottery a couple of times in a row after using the technique described in the book.
That in itself would not prove it, although it may contribute to the submission of a more plausible hypothesis! Do you think that the conscious effort arising from having read the book could interfere with the results? Catch-22.

Have you had any luck following up with people that have used your technique?
PeteStarr wrote:That in itself would not prove it, although it may contribute to the submission of a more plausible hypothesis!
Mmm. The Kopenhagen interpretation of Quantum
Mechanics, and the result of the delayed choice
quantum eraser, do point directly to the fact that
the conscience of the observer interferes with the
result, and with the system that I describe, you
must be able to do what I say, Namely know the
lottery numbers in advance. No joke..
Even so the results of quantum experiments are
very difficult to accept, and physicists quarrel
about it and say just like you: There must be a
simple explanation for this. Even so What I write
in this book is where we stand. Really. And if
where we stand is applied you can do what I
say.
The only new that I add to this is to use the
mind as the quantum laboratory, because we
are not yet able to do the experiment of the
photon lingering for an hour or so, enough to
make sure you have the results of the
lottery one hour before the second quantum
wave collapses.
By Maryh
Just recently I read that Albert Einstein had an instinct that Quantum Mechanics were inadequate to
describe the dynamic of the universe in total. I'm in agreement with Albert! :P
Just thought I'd share it because I find it inspiring.
I love how God really is unfathomable and outside of space and time. I love that he's in total command of Time! :D

Albert Einstein
I cannot seriously believe in it [Quantum Theory] because the theory cannot be reconciled with the idea that physics should represent a reality in time and space, free from spooky actions at a distance.

Quantum Mechanics is certainly imposing. But an inner voice tells me that it is not yet the real thing. The theory says a lot, but does not really bring us any closer to the secret of the old one. I, at any rate, am convinced that he [God] doesn't throw dice'.
ActionReq wrote:physicists quarrel about it and say just like you: There must be a simple explanation for this.
I do not claim that there is a simple explanation - merely that we are only at the beginning of our investigation and understanding of these observed phenomena. And surely that is the critical difference between what has been observed and what you are proposing. There is evidence for one and the other is an extrapolation of observations that are not yet fully understood. Let's start with the consecutive lottery win & move on from there.
Maryh wrote:Just recently I read that Albert Einstein had an instinct that Quantum Mechanics were inadequate to describe the dynamic of the universe in total.
Yet. I think this was more obviously true then and only slightly less so now. Who knows what another lifetime of unfettered scientific enquiry could reveal…
PeteStarr wrote:and only slightly less so now
"slightly less [true] now" ????

C'mon Pete. You're getting all squirrely on us now, and you're making my hair hurt.

Truth is. Truth exists. Period. Those two words define it all.

The truth is absolute, immutable, incontrovertible. The truth will always be the truth regardless of whether the human understands it or believes it. Saying "truth isn't" would be an oxymoron. Those two words in a sentence have no intelligible meaning (except, of course, to Oxford acedemicians. But then again, there is a school of thought that says the phrase 'Oxford acedemicians' is an oxymoron)

There are no degrees of 'truthness'. If you want to sell us that, you will probably will probably also have a fascinating explanation of how a women can be "a bit" pregnant.
Prodigals wrote:"slightly less [true] now" ????

C'mon Pete. You're getting all squirrely on us now, and you're making my hair hurt.

Truth is. Truth exists. Period. Those two words define it all.

The truth is absolute, immutable, incontrovertible.
I like the word 'squirrely' :)

Perhaps I wasn't precise enough in my choice of words. I was meaning people's evolving understanding of truth over time. As in, flat earth to globe. Geocentric to heliocentric. In both cases the former was believed to be true.

Einstein was a clever chap but he does not have the last word on quantum physics. My point was that our understanding of quantum physics has developed since that quote was uttered and it has diminishing relevance over time. My guess is he would agree and, as a scientist, would have no trouble doing so as new evidence emerges.

Because we're talking about physical properties time is a factor, even more so as here we're talking about human interpretation of the truth based on incomplete evidence.
PeteStarr wrote: people's evolving understanding of truth over time.
So I take it that you acknowledge that there is an Absolute Truth, and that as time goes on mankind's guesses as to what that Truth is keep changing.
Prodigals wrote:
PeteStarr wrote: people's evolving understanding of truth over time.
So I take it that you acknowledge that there is an Absolute Truth, and that as time goes on mankind's guesses as to what that Truth is keep changing.
I certainly agree with the latter part. Absolute truths certainly exist - the obvious ones refer to simple stuff, can't have a square circle, logic, arithmetic etc.

Clearly I don't believe in an absolute authority to which we can appeal to calibrate our behaviour so I would have to say I'm at least a moral relativist - with the qualification that it is consequent upon us, as social mammals, to conform to general set of social laws that are almost universal amongst our species. If summarised at a sufficiently high level I.e. like selected ones from the Christian Decalogue, then I can see how they could be perceived to be absolute.

I don't believe that there is an Absolute Truth as this implies an identity, a transcendent authority : God.
By leo daly
Stunned by it,
I am stunned by there being not much Medjugorje following in Scotland. I know of at least one guy that is very pro Medjugorje apart from you. I don't know his name but I saw him at the 33rd Anniversary and a few years earlier, he was always carrying the Scottish flag with a pic of Vicka in the centre. I'll try and see if I've still got him on the video footage I took at the English Masses. He used to often sit amongst the choir so he could hoist his flag. Maybe someone here can recognise him. He apparently does a lot to promote Medjugorje.

Cheers
Leo.
P.S. My money is on Blue Cross knowing him.
So... in a month or so I'll head back to Medjugorje for the fourth time! :O

As previously mentioned somewhere in the depths of this thread I'm taking Mrs Starr with me this time and meeting up with a bunch of the other cast members from the Apparition Hill film. Looking forward to it, should be great fun.

I figured that going back with Mrs S is a natural coda to this thread and thought some of you might get a kick out of the fact that I'm going back. Again. :-)

Hvala!

Pete
irish m wrote:I tell you once Ours Lady gets you she doesn't let go the same with me I have went :D back five times in a row
hope you have a nice time and a Blessed one
God Bless
Love irish M :D :D :D
Thanks Irish m, walks, sunsets, sunrises, old friends, new friends and beer... what's not to like??? :D
Pete!! I don't check into the forum for a few days and look what I missed. So nice to have you back on here again! Of Course, I'm jealous but happy for your return to Medjugorje especially with Mrs. Starr going who will hopefully keep you in check this time! I wish I could have met you on top of Cross Mountain like we talked about but once again my plate is full. One of these days I'm going to run out of excuses and have to go back again...

I really appreciate all your help behind the scenes, out of the spotlight (now that you are somewhat famous after the wonderful film Apparition Hill)

Definitely let us know all about your trip via your blog, every last detail!