Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

And btw Pete thank you for all your help! One thing I have learned the past few weeks is how expensive just the travel costs are these days which made me realize
how much money it is costing Sean with the production of Apparition Hill. I understand how much it costs just for the onsite production let alone all the extra
costs associated with filming in a remote location like Medjugorje. This is especially true towards the end.

As Medjugorje seems to be a little more quiet these days I think this new film is just what the doctor ordered to wake us up a bit. I know that I am excited to see it
especially since you are starring in it Pete. :wink:

I have never met Sean like you have nor does he know I am doing this but I hope others here who are able (who haven't already) can pitch in a little to make this film a reality without breaking the bank.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/apparition-hill-film#/

Late yesterday evening the wind was howling and the waves were churning as I sat on the banks of a local lake watching God's beautiful creation unfold before me.
I couldn't help but imagine Jesus walking toward me on the choppy surface just as the light rays from the sunset came shooting across the water into my lens and
now out to you Pete and others here. Felt like I had to share this one...
MP,

I've only just spotted these posts - for some reason my subscription to the thread didn't work. Anyway, another beautiful picture, thanks for sharing. Holly's story is truly moving and I'm sure that she will rightly be the real star of the film. But I'm glad you're excited about seeing it, are there any local screenings to you or are you waiting for the DVD to come out?
No worries Pete! At present there are no screening in my area and yes I would love to see the DVD when it comes out.

I'm sure you and the others attending the premiere at Medjugorje are excited as your time is just around the corner...

Looking forward to reading your blog and other's experiences during your get together in early June :)

Happy Mother's day to all and especially to our Blessed Mother Mary!!!
Hey! Mystic Postman,

Remember writing this?
MinistryValues wrote:In my opinion, criticism of Medjugorje from those who have not read Sullivan's book is not credible.
Ever since I completed Randall's book & posted my thoughts (back p14) you've been very quiet. Do you have any thoughts on my thoughts of critically acclaimed journalist Randall Sullivan's serious investigation into Međugorje?

You said you wanted to "push" me a few pages back - I'm pushing back.

Best,

Pete
The anniversary of my first visit to Međugorje to participate in Sean's "Apparition Hill" film looms and I'm keenly anticipating meeting up with the cast and crew again in Međugorje for the European premiere!

It's also been 7 months since I joined this forum and you have been patiently tolerating my different perspective for the duration! Since Sean's original post there have been 379 replies and c11,500 views making it a very active thread indeed. I would like to acknowledge the fact that the very nature of this thread was challenging for a few individuals and I'm grateful to them for their forbearance. Everyone else has dipped in as it suited them and I'm really grateful for the lively and engaging discussions that have emerged. I know that it has gone round in circles and seems to some like no progress has been made but I want to say that I don't agree. I have made many great new acquaintances and, I dare to suggest, a couple of new friends and that is wonderful. But more than this, the ability to be able to discuss sensitive issues constructively & respectfully is vital if we are ever to meet our shared objective of living in harmony and partnership with each other in spite of our differences. Surely the lofty ambition of world peace relies on such tolerance & understanding??? I maintain that if we pay more attention to what we have in common and less on our differences then we will go a long way to achieving this.

I'd love to hear what you think of the Apparition Hill film if you get to see it - ironically I won't get to see it until 8th June, weeks after the rest of the cast & 1000s of others see it and are moved by some of the stories there. No spoilers before the 8th please! Leo Daly has created a thread for the film anyway so perhaps that is the natural home for any reactions!

It is not my intent to kill this thread but it does feel as though the release of the film may provide the closing credits to this long discussion as well. I may post some final thoughts after my next visit on the off-chance that anyone is still interested and, as ever, I'm always delighted to hear from any of you!

Pete
I'm definitely not trying to kill this thread by posting the other. I just realised that could be one of the consequences. Despite having no spare cash, I'm busily trying to find people in Australia to host it. I know that the Triumph had a big impact on many people here, including priests. One priest and a group of seminarians had decided to go to Medjugorje after seeing one of the Victorian screenings. I look forward to seeing Apparition Hill and Cross Mountain. Two nights ago, I re watched one of Sean's earlier videos "Miracles of Medjugorje" Brilliant. I and many others thought the 25th Anniversary was Jakov's public singing Debut, but he sang at the youth festival many years ago. He's such a quiet guy.
I've also got a letter from the Archbishop of Sydney in favour of my idea of building a replica Krizevac in Australia. He thinks it may not be feasible, but is behind any project to try and promote devotion to the way of the Cross. He is happy to offer any further ideas if needed. I'm now very busy with 2 projects.

Cheers
Leo.
By leo daly
Thanks Pete for your kind comments. Having just re read your previous post. I realise that I misread it. I really look forward to seeing the Movie. Please pray a few for what I and my friends are trying to do down under.

Cheers
Leo.
P.S. I am not a plot spoiler. I won't say whodunnit :-) Though I think I already know.
Pete, I was waiting for you last night at the cross expecting that purified bottle of water you promised me??

While waiting, Mrs. Prayers and I were praying for you and the whole cast and crew of Apparition Hill along with others we know who are in need right now. Besides a twisted ankle and
a handful of cactus we made it down the step trial in one piece and even got in a rosary along the way.

One more note, before we went, I saw a nice movie on Padre Pio and the ending scene really made an impact on me.

The Doctor he was talking with claimed that he didn't believe in God and Padre Pio's answer was:

You may not believe in God, but God Believes in you!"

Many blessing for all of you :)

In the spirit of Medjugorje, here's a pic of last nights voyage up the mountain:

Update - We went up again tonight to pray for safe passage for all members to arrive safely
and for a special intention. The sunset was beautiful with no mishaps coming down this time... :)

Never underestimate the power of the Cross!
Attachments
Hike again to cross copyright pd permission only-0927.jpg
Hike again to cross copyright pd permission only-0927.jpg (218.11 KiB) Viewed 6722 times
cross on mountain-0891.jpg
cross on mountain-0891.jpg (190.54 KiB) Viewed 6786 times
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You went to medjugorje after all? How has it been so far?
have you and Pete met up at all?
love the photo. Im feeling a stronger call to return soon myself, just watched the Triumph again and will have to make do with that until I get to see the new film
Hey MP,

Great to see your message - can't see the photo at the moment, which I think is to do with poor bandwidth here. It's great seeing everyone again - the second half of the group should be arriving shortly but they have had issues getting here.

Pete
special agent mama wrote:You went to medjugorje after all?

Special Agent Mama, I only wish!! The picture is from my Medjugorje away from Medjugorje. The location is very similar in appearance both geographically and the type of trails leading to the cross. Yes, I was with Pete and others in spirit and of course I like to keep Pete guessing...

I hope you can go to Medjugorje soon! Until then, we are all present in prayer. :)
PeteStarr wrote:It's great seeing everyone again - the second half of the group should be arriving shortly but they have had issues getting here.
Pete, good to hear from you. Very common for Medjugorje Pilgrims to have a few issues getting there but all the inconveniences will be quickly forgotten when the blessing sets in...

We'll pray for safe passage and for many showers of blessings for you and your group! Would Love to hear all the details... :wink:

Loved your first blog entry!
Pete, I hope you are safely back at home after your trip to Medjugorje! I want to thank you again for the three Medjugorje prayer cloths :)

One was used on an older woman who is on her death bed from a respiratory illness. A family member placed it on her chest and they prayed
over her. When it was time to go the family member removed the cloth but the dying woman immediately asked why she was taking it away.
She hadn't said anything up to that point as it was very difficult for her to talk. It was obviously providing this woman some comfort so they left it
with her on her chest :)

Yesterday, I had the great opportunity to travel to a special dedication in the private chapel of the Missionaries of Charity. A private mass was held with Fr. Pio
saying the Mass. Afterward there was a celebration and dinner. I gave one of the Medjugorje Prayer clothes as a gift to the Sisters who really appreciated it
especially when I told them that Pete the atheist had given it to me which gave them a warm smile and even joyful laughter. They are in the same
thinking as Mirjana who refers to the non-believes as "those who have not yet felt God's Love." They open their hearts to everyone especially the poorest of the poor (not saying you are in this category of the poor :wink: ).

They were eager to once again pray for you Pete so you too can feel God's Love... They took all my prayer petitions and laid them at the feet of Mary in petition for her intercession
to her Son Jesus.
I hope all is well with you and yours...

We also prayed for all the other cast and crew of Apparition Hill and for all those on this forum and abroad who are struggling right now which includes many. But seeing the joyful faces of these Sisters in the midst of turmoil and great poverty in their area really gave me and my family a much needed lift.

I added a few pics.

God Bless!
Attachments
Missionaries of Charity Chapel mf-1080271.jpg
Missionaries of Charity Chapel mf-1080271.jpg (164.63 KiB) Viewed 6656 times
Missionaries of Charity Chapel mf-1080284.jpg
Missionaries of Charity Chapel mf-1080284.jpg (178.8 KiB) Viewed 6656 times
Hey MP!

Safely returned thank you! I'm so glad the prayer cloths were useful! My dear friend father Michael "Krickers" is facing his last few days after contracting a particularly aggressive cancer 8 weeks ago - I've told him that in the unlikely event that I'm wrong about all of this he's welcome to knock some sense into me from the other side!

All the best to the family-von-Prayers!

Pete
Pete, Sorry to hear about Father Michael. Another one to add to the ever growing list of prayers...

Belief in God in our times is not easy especially when the mainstream has tried very hard to render God useless. This has been especially hard
on our youth. I know of many who have lost their faith because of it. So believe me when I tell you that I am not judging you for your lack of belief
and understand where you are coming from. It is hard enough right now even for Christians to have strong faith...

Regardless, God does exist and cares deeply for us. Scripture says that an evil generation needs a sign and I think most would agree that our generation has many evil elements.
I know that some will never believe no matter what miracle comes before them but I do believe that a sign or two can go a long ways in helping those on the fringe like me.

Come Jesus come!
PeteStarr wrote:Yes, I'll settle for the permanent, indestructible sign foretold by the Međugorje visionaries.

Pete
If only it would be that easy... Sure, the great foretold sign at Medjugorje would be helpful at least at the beginning but as with most miracles, as time goes on our faith usually
fades as well. The only remedy is plenty of prayer, love, and devotion to Our Lord. Even you Pete say that praying doesn't hurt anything even if you don't believe :)

I see the miracle or sign of God's beautiful creation (as seen in the below picture) on a regular basis but still struggle with my faith if my prayer life isn't going strong.
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete, I feel confident that if God thought providing us with undeniable "genuine evidence" would increase the number of people who believed, He would already be doing this (even though He already is through his creation and miracles occurring daily.)
Just look at what happened to His Only Son when He placed Jesus on earth. Christ gave sight to the blind, raised the dead, healed the leapers and others in sickness yet he was ultimately rejected by some and later crucified.

I think the following bible verse sums this up pretty well:

Luke 16, 19-31 NAB
“There was a rich man* who dressed in purple garments and fine linen and dined sumptuously each day.
And lying at his door was a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores,i
who would gladly have eaten his fill of the scraps that fell from the rich man’s table. Dogs even used to come and lick his sores.
When the poor man died, he was carried away by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried,
and from the netherworld,* where he was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
And he cried out, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me. Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am suffering torment in these flames.’
Abraham replied, ‘My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented.j
Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established to prevent anyone from crossing who might wish to go from our side to yours or from your side to ours.’
He said, ‘Then I beg you, father, send him to my father’s house,
for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them, lest they too come to this place of torment.’
But Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the prophets. Let them listen to them.’
* He said, ‘Oh no, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
Then Abraham said, ‘If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone should rise from the dead.’”k
The time for faith, hope, and love in God is right now! Don't let the fear of having to change your lifestyle or other worldly desires prevent this from occurring because God will
help you with all the details... :)
MP,

I can't really get behind this idea - I understand it, but disagree with it. Here's my reasoning; If the rich man was wicked or evil then I could understand it better, but this, conspires with other biblical teachings to make the oppressed accept their lot and offers the consolation that things will be better in the next life. Not only that, but commanded not to covet others things - which, to my mind suppresses creativity, innovation, emulation and self betterment. If that wasn't enough, you're advised to 'take no thought for the morrow'. All of this seems more like human social policy to me rather than expression of love and kindness. As for God not intervening - still doesn't make a lot of sense as global events are regularly attributed to His interventions - so how come it's so selective?

On the point of faith, i.e. Taking things to be true on insufficient evidence, I'm afraid I don't recognise the merit in it, it is one of the least of all virtues as far as I can see. It is not fear of belief that leads me to this conclusion, to the contrary, I think it takes courage to face the future without thought of eternal consolation.

Pete
PeteStarr wrote:Here's my reasoning; If the rich man was wicked or evil then I could understand it better
Pete, I don't think the man being rich has anything to do with this, rather, this is about the rich man's lack of compassion and love for the poor man, Lazarus. It appears pretty wicked to me to allow a poor man to sit outside your door and not feed them. Unfortunately, I am guilty of this every time I pass up a homeless person without providing some type of aid. Yes, I have a lot to work on...
PeteStarr wrote:but this, conspires with other biblical teachings to make the oppressed accept their lot and offers the consolation that things will be better in the next life.
Scripture clearly teaches just the opposite - Jesus wants us to have abundant life now: A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy; I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly. John 10, 10 (NAB).
PeteStarr wrote:Not only that, but commanded not to covet others things - which, to my mind suppresses creativity, innovation, emulation and self betterment.
Again, creativity, innovation, and self betterment are good things unless it is at the expense of someone else. Coveting is the recipe for a very depressed life because it forces us
to only think about ourselves and blinds us to the joys of other peoples blessings around us.
PeteStarr wrote:As for God not intervening - still doesn't make a lot of sense as global events are regularly attributed to His interventions - so how come it's so selective?
The ways of God are not know to man which i admit can be very frustrating at times. I do know that everyone who asked for healing from Jesus while He walked on earth was healed.
Jesus continues to heal us but sometimes, he heals the soul instead of the body. And sometimes, we simply do not ask and have the faith to believe that He will heal us or a loved one. Eternal life is a hard concept to grasp but one that is most important to Christ.
PeteStarr wrote:It is not fear of belief that leads me to this conclusion, to the contrary, I think it takes courage to face the future without thought of eternal consolation.
Belief in God brings with it accountability and can mean many changes to our lives which can be difficult requiring great courage and prayer to overcome. I agree that it can also require courage to face a future without belief, however, I also know from personal experience that living this way can create the illusion of temporarily easing the guilt of living a not so moral lifestyle.

Know that God out of His great Mercy will give each of us every opportunity to come to Him but will not force it upon us. He loves us too much for that :)
That's the thing with scripture, it cannot be taken literally as it confounds and confuses itself through being, at best,ambiguous, at worst, immoral & contradictory. You have to take it a la carte and, having done so, highlight its many flaws and limitations.

I think we've covered morality before - religion may help some people live 'the better life' but it is certainly not required to do so...

On a separate note, it's the UK premiere of ApparitionHill tomorrow in Newcastle tomorrow and finally my wife & kids will get to see it. Exciting!

Pete