Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By ActionReq
Mm. pope said in autumn.

Without love: Two days and we see how trustworthy this pope and his words actually are.
With love: We wait with patience. Maybe he meant autumn 2035.
By ActionReq
Waiting gives rise to hope.
If you buy a lottery ticket, then
you have hope until you find out
you lost or won.
Then hope has gone again.
And what do we do without hope?
Without hope there is no motivation.
Hope is the underdog of faith and
true love. Without hope there is
no action that accompanies our love.
Have hope, it doesn't matter
where it comes from. It is the oil
in the faith machinery.
Is it important?
Count the incidences of the word
hope in the messages and see if
it appears at all.
Maybe I am being impatient when I find myself longing for Jesus to come back and finally remove all the tears that are shed way to often in today's troubled world.

The carnage keeps getting worse. How much more will we, the world, our future generations have to endure, especially those on the front lines, those who are being martyred?

Though I love my life on earth (referring to family and the relationships) I am willing to to give up everything this world has to offer (materially) for Christ's final return. As Catholics, we shouldn't be afraid to long for Jesus' return -

The liturgy teaches us this:
"Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again,"
(from our Lord's Prayer)
"...thy kingdom come;"
(after our Lord's Prayer)
"Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In your mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ..."
So yes, many Christians, including those here on this forum are concerned with the troubles going on in the world for good reason.
Speaking for myself, I am concerned about the Pope's announcement regarding Medjugorje and what implications it might have but realize that I must keep moving forward by living out the messages which I already know from personal experience really do help me in my walk with Christ, especially in these trying times. The amount of time I spend following Mary's messages has a direct relationship on my level of faith and works.

Because He is all about our free will, maybe God is waiting for the faithful to ask Him in heart-felt prayer for the return of His Son before He finally acts? Maybe He is waiting until enough people sincerely want His Son to come back even if it means completely changing our lives as we know it? After all, God in His great mercy has already sent the Blessed Virgin Mary to help guide us in these difficult times and any decision from the Pope will be crucial for the outcome of her plan which is to bring us back to her Son...
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ActionReq
Medjugorjeprayers wrote:The liturgy teaches us this:
"Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In your mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ..."
Even so I know that we say this in mass, I am absolutly convinced that the saying needs an adjustment.
We should say:
"Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day. In your mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we anticipate in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ..."

So we are sitting ducks quaking wait.
Mary says: Actions required.
By Medjugorjeprayers
Bluecross and ActionReq,

What you both have stated is the essence of our Christian faith. I completely agree that just "waiting" around is not the answer
but this doesn't mean we cannot do both: experience Jesus in the present especially through the Eucharist and long for His final coming :)