Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Artur
The "Marguerite" Apostolate Center is a center for promoting prayer for priests. The thanks given and testimonies received are a sign of a need of spiritual support in this form. On the occasion of World Youth Day, the Apostolate wishes to hand a marguerite to Pope Francis.

The essence of the Apostolate is the commitment of seven people to lifelong prayer for a specific priest on a chosen day of the week. In this way they form a symbolic marguerite, a flower with seven petals.

"The initiative of prayer for the pope is a fruit of recollections with Fr. James Manjackal, which took place in November 2015 in Warsaw. The idea was born at the time of the adoration of the Most Holy Sacrament at the moment when priests left the altar to bless us," explains Ewa Dobrowolska in the Marguerite Apostolate Center.

The Holy Father will receive a book with the names or first and last names and country names from which come people who surround Pope Francis with prayer.

"We would like that this campaign contribute to a growth of respect for the pope, love for the Church and priests and unity between priests and the faithful," summarizes Ewa Dobrowolska.

http://www.krakow2016.com/en/marguerite-for-the-pope

More information about project and registration
http://margaretka.org.pl/en/marguerite-for-a-pope.html

The essence of the Apostolate MARGUERITE is a daily prayer for specific priest, as a response to the request of Mary Queen of Peace. Our Lady appeared to Father Jozo Zovko, a former priest of the parish in Medjugorje (Bosnia and Hercegovina), him and cried because of priests. Father Jozo recalls the words of Mary: “Tell my dear priests, my dear sons that they must believe harder! They need to protect the faith of the Church. Tell my dear priests, to say the Rosary every day”. Mother of God was crying because of the priests, as many of them stopped looking into the mystery of the priesthood with full humility, awe and thanksgiving, and many thousands of priests simply betrayed God-given vocation, abandoned this most honorable and responsible service in the Church and are gone forever from the state of priesthood, while leaving behind a considerable scandal to the faithful. They were capable, talented, but fell due to the lack of sufficient support of the Church prayer.

Father Jozo Zovko did say: “One day a pilgrimage came from Canada. They were waiting for me in Tihaljina, until I returned from the funeral, Miss Professor, deeply touched by my sermon about the priesthood, and by Our Lady's messages, created the first MARGUERITE group. In the center of the first MARGUERITE she wrote my name. Then the whole group made the vow before God that they will pray for me for their entire life! Now I feel like a small fish in the water. Every day the Church is praying for me! Keeps me in her heart and is thinking about me! (...) Mother of God wants exactly that Christians keep their priests in the center of their prayers, in their hearts, and in their thoughts. After returning home please create a MARGUERITE for your priests. I say this to you as a brother, as a priest, just as on confession. Pray for us priests every day because we are weak. Without your help we cannot effectively preach to you the gospel. Accept Mary's invitation and implement it into your life! Only in this way can you deeply and truly experience what the Church is”.

More: http://margaretka.org.pl/en/