Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By bluecross
Pope Francis said this today during his homily for the Feast of Christ the King...
“...the true door of mercy which is the heart of Christ always remains open wide for us. From the lacerated side of the Risen One until the very end of time flow mercy, consolation and hope.”
Could the water that flows from the Risen Christ sculpture at Medjugorje be seen as a sign of God’s Mercy so abundant at Medjugorje through the Sacrament of Reconciliation?

• The ‘lacerated’ leg of the Risen Christ at Medjugorje
By bluecross
Angelica, I know that some people refer to the liquid weeping from the sculpture as oil, but it has always been water when I have touched it.

There’s a big trade in the local shops selling cloths branded with the Risen Christ logo. Pilgrims use them to dab the water and bring samples home that way. I’ve even seen some pilgrims syringe the liquid. Holy Water isn’t sold at Medjugorje. Containers can be bought and are then usually filled with water from a couple of drinking fountains. A priest will usually bless the water bottles if asked.
By Angelica
Well thank you Blue Cross!Maybe I should just pray for another trip to Medjugorje. I've been wanting to go back but honestly, there have been many obstacles to my going. I've always wanted to go on my birthday August 5th but there are sooo many pilgrims. Not sure at this point if it is meant to be. Thank you for all your help re the Mass as well!!