Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By bluecross
Today Pope Francis issued his Apostolic Letter Misericordia et Misera. He made mention of the importance of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

The Sacrament of Reconciliation must regain its central place in the Christian life. This requires priests capable of putting their lives at the service of the “ministry of reconciliation” (2 Cor 5:18), in such a way that, while no sincerely repentant sinner is prevented from drawing near to the love of the Father who awaits his return, everyone is afforded the opportunity of experiencing the liberating power of forgiveness.

The Sacrament of Reconciliation has a central place in the life of pilgrims visiting Medjugorje – hence it being known as the “Confessional of the World”.

So now we know that Pope Francis will not be taking steps to discourage pilgrims from visiting Medjugorje or priests visiting there to assist with administering the Sacraments – if anything, the opposite. :)
I never said the Pope’s letter mentioned Medjugorje. I was referring to his comment about Confession regaining its central place in Christian life.

But what I didn’t do was emphasise the Pope’s quote from my own words. So here it is:
The Sacrament of Reconciliation must regain its central place in the Christian life. This requires priests capable of putting their lives at the service of the “ministry of reconciliation” (2 Cor 5:18), in such a way that, while no sincerely repentant sinner is prevented from drawing near to the love of the Father who awaits his return, everyone is afforded the opportunity of experiencing the liberating power of forgiveness.
We know there are critics of Medjugorje who say that pilgrimages are banned and that priests should not travel there, but the Pope makes very clear that there are no limits on priests putting their lives at the service of the “ministry of reconciliation. And we know how powerful the gift of that particular Sacrament is in reconciling people to God at Medjugorje.

So next time anyone tries to tell you that priests are not allowed to go to Medjugorje then just remind them of the Pope’s words in his latest Apostolic Letter.

And Scripture also reminds us that when the catch of fish was overwhelming, companions were called from the other boat to assist. :)
The Pope’s message on Mercy is no less important to any of Our Lady’s messages that speak of God’s mercy.

Mercy is not exclusive to Medjugorje. So spread the mercy message far and wide, Leo – even from the Pope! :)

It’s Our Lady’s desire that we make her Son’s mercy known to the world. That’s what the Pope is doing – and he hasn’t been to Medjugorje!