Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

December 2, 2016 Message to Mirjana

"Dear children, my motherly heart is crying as I am looking at what my children are doing. Sins are multiplying, the purity of soul is all the less important; my Son is being forgotten - honored all the less; and my children are being persecuted. That is why, you my children, apostles of my love, with soul and heart invoke the name of my Son. He will have the words of light for you. He manifests Himself to you, He breaks the bread with you and gives you the words of love so that you may transform them into merciful acts and, thus, be witnesses of truth. That is why, my children, do not be afraid. Permit my Son to be in you. He will make use of you to care for the wounded and to convert lost souls. Therefore, my children, return to the prayer of the Rosary. Pray it with feelings of goodness, sacrifice and mercy. Pray, not only with words, but with merciful acts. Pray with love for all people. My Son, by His sacrifice, exalted love. Therefore, live with Him so that you may have strength and hope; that you may have the love which is life and which leads to eternal life. Through God's love, I am also with you, and will lead you with motherly love. Thank you."
Mirjana said that Our Lady was very sad.
Jesus's words of love are to motivate us into acts of mercy!
I love the idea of praying with merciful acts too because sometimes words fail me when it comes to praying with words.

I find it really worrying to hear that Our Lady was really sad though! Like we're all in bad shape as a whole overall! :worried

Was watching the story of St. Alexandria of Spain on EWTN last night,
Her life was shockingly horrific with suffering- one of her messages she received was how important it was to stop sinning & to pray the rosary also.
Mirjana said that Our Lady was very sad.
I always find it strange to hear whenever Mirjana tags this on the end of her messages.

Isn’t heaven a place of joy? It almost seems a contradiction when we are told Our Lady “was very sad”.

Are we to believe or understand that heaven is also a place of sadness?

Our Lady often speaks of not allowing satan to steal our joy, yet she, who has power over satan expresses sadness.

Something to think about, I guess.
No BC our lady is not in heaven when she comes here and see what her children are sinning here on earth and our lady has the power but dose Satan not have so many years to do what he wants The sooner God puts a stop to him the better
our lady will crush him one day so heaven is full of the love of God his son The Blessed Mother and all the rest
God Bless you all
love Irish M
To look at it another way, God is also in heaven and he is not always happy with what he sees here on earth. There are many examples of this in the bible. I believe as long as earth exists in its current form this will be the case.
Sorry to hear that Our Lady was sad during the apparition. It is always better to hear when She is joyful. One of the most beautiful accounts of Our Lady from someone who has seen Her comes from Melanie Calvat, the visionary from La Salette. She described the tears of Our Lady the day she and Maximin saw her September 19, 1846. Here is her description,

"The Holy Virgin was crying nearly the whole time she was speaking to me. Her tears flowed gently, one by one, down to her knees, then, like sparks of light, they disappeared. They were glittering and full of love. I would have liked to comfort Her and stop Her tears. But it seemed to me that She needed the tears to show better Her love forgotten by men. I would have liked to throw myself into Her arms and say to Her:

“My kind Mother, do not cry! I want to love you for all men on earth.” But she seemed to be saying to me:

“There are so many who know me not!”

I was in between life and death, and on one side, I saw so much desire by this Mother to be loved, and on another side, so much cold and indifference... Oh! My Mother, most beautiful and lovable Mother, my love, heart of my heart!

The tears of our sweet Mother, far from lessening her air of majesty, of a Queen and a Mistress, seemed, on the contrary, to embellish Her, to make Her more beautiful, more powerful, more filled with love, more maternal, more ravishing, and I could have wiped away Her tears which made my heart leap with compassion and love. To see a mother cry, and such a Mother, without doing everything possible to comfort her and change her grief to joy, is that possible? Oh! Mother, who is more than good; you have been formed with all the prerogatives God is able to make; you have married the power of God, so to speak; you are good, and more, you are good with the goodness of God Himself. God has extended Himself by making you His terrestrial and celestial masterpiece." This comes from Our Lady of La Salette a publication of the Shepherdess of La Salette with Imprimatur by Mgr. Bishop of Lecce.
maryannlucy wrote:Sorry to hear that Our Lady was sad during the apparition. It is always better to hear when She is joyful. One of the most beautiful accounts of Our Lady from someone who has seen Her comes from Melanie Calvat, the visionary from La Salette. She described the tears of Our Lady the day she and Maximin saw her September 19, 1846. Here is her description,

"The Holy Virgin was crying nearly the whole time she was speaking to me. Her tears flowed gently, one by one, down to her knees, then, like sparks of light, they disappeared. They were glittering and full of love. I would have liked to comfort Her and stop Her tears. But it seemed to me that She needed the tears to show better Her love forgotten by men. I would have liked to throw myself into Her arms and say to Her:

“My kind Mother, do not cry! I want to love you for all men on earth.” But she seemed to be saying to me:

“There are so many who know me not!”

I was in between life and death, and on one side, I saw so much desire by this Mother to be loved, and on another side, so much cold and indifference... Oh! My Mother, most beautiful and lovable Mother, my love, heart of my heart!

The tears of our sweet Mother, far from lessening her air of majesty, of a Queen and a Mistress, seemed, on the contrary, to embellish Her, to make Her more beautiful, more powerful, more filled with love, more maternal, more ravishing, and I could have wiped away Her tears which made my heart leap with compassion and love. To see a mother cry, and such a Mother, without doing everything possible to comfort her and change her grief to joy, is that possible? Oh! Mother, who is more than good; you have been formed with all the prerogatives God is able to make; you have married the power of God, so to speak; you are good, and more, you are good with the goodness of God Himself. God has extended Himself by making you His terrestrial and celestial masterpiece." This comes from Our Lady of La Salette a publication of the Shepherdess of La Salette with Imprimatur by Mgr. Bishop of Lecce.
How beautiful! Of course any mother is sad when her children stray. I am also reminded of the children of Fatima. When they were in the light of God, how they felt the great sorrow of God over mankind and their sins. It touched Francisco's heart so much, all he wanted to do was console God. When the two girls went to school each day, he instead went to the church and knelt all day, wishing to console God.. Lucia said that when they went to get Francisco after school, they found him in the same kneeling position each day. Jesus wept...
Yes, I agree. When we offer up our prayers, works, joys, and sufferings each day, the sufferings part usually includes when we feel we are letting Our Lord down or when someone we love is letting Our Lord down. I have to wonder though what ways can a person show to others that they are trying to be a Christian. Since Our Lady mentions so much in Her messaging that if we open our hearts and live the message that other people will see us and open their hearts and turn to Jesus. How do we do this? What tangible ways can we do this?
maryannlucy wrote:if we open our hearts and live the message that other people will see us and open their hearts and turn to Jesus. How do we do this? What tangible ways can we do this?
This is something I struggle with... I know the answer but have the most difficult time implementing it. People don't see us but rather our Lord radiating from within. We become a shining light that helps illuminate our dark world when we pray and live according to God's Word. We accomplish this with a consistent prayer life and actively participating in the sacraments. Sometimes easier said than done...

Good points and discussion from others here :)

On my walk tonight I thought the sunset was a great reminder of God's light radiating from the sky above reflecting off the water as darkness was setting in. I pray this same light from our Lord can also reflect off each one of us as well.
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do we do this? What tangible ways can we do this?
Rule 72 from Saint Benedict for the Order of Saint Benedict.
Can also be practiced by anybody.

Chapter/Rule 72: Of the good zeal that monks should have (12 lines total)
1. Just as there is a wicked zeal of bitterness which distances one from God and leads to hell,
2. So there is a good zeal , which distances one from evil and leads to God and eternal life.
3. It's therefore in this good zeal which monks must foster with ardent love:
4. They prevent each other in honor;
5. Supporting with great patience one another's physical or moral weaknesses;
6. Lending themselves to competition in mutual obedience;
7. No one is to pursue what he judges useful for himself, but rather what he judges better for others;
8. One loves all of his fellow monks as brothers;
9. They fear God in their love;
10. They love their abbot, with sincerity and humble charity.
11. They prefer absolutely nothing but Christ,
12. Who brings us all together to everlasting life.