Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Just published the first draft of the new Australian Medjugorje Website. It contains much information about Medjugorje as well as DVDs, Books and Rosaries for sale. The Online store is not finished, but if you want to order any items, let me know the item number and quantity as well as your email and postal address Payments can be made to ANZ Bank Account Leo Daly 012040 900088001. See ausmedjugorje.wix.com/mainsite

Cheers
Leo.
P.S. More updates soon.
Thanks BlueCross, The interest has waned dramatically. Pilgrimage companies are struggling. I'm hoping this will help reignite the flame. Archbishop Muller has done a lot of damage. A month before I lost my job at IBM, I said to Our Lady, I'm sick of working for IBM, I wish I could work fulltime for you. Almost 3 years later, I think the pray may be getting answered.

cheers
Leo.
Personally, I don’t think the approach taken by some Medjugorje followers in focusing on secrets and warnings helped the cause of Our Lady’s message.

You can cry wolf too often and then people start to believe it ain’t going to happen.

The more focus on the fruits and the graces to be received now is a better approach than to keep on plugging the secrets.

Neither do I feel Cardinal Müller has been a problem with the seemingly reduced interest in Medjugorje. The rules of the Church appertaining to promoting apparitions still under investigation are for the benefit of everyone and to protect the faithful from any potential scandal.

The problem was, in my opinion, certain promoters began putting a price on the ticket to hear the visionaries give witness. That was a bad move and the Church was right to step in and firm up the restrictions already in place.

The temptation to draw big crowds and hire expensive facilities for the visionaries to give witness meant that cost of staging these type of events needed to be covered. Then, of course there were the travelling and accommodation costs of the visionary and perhaps some of their family, even some of their entourage. And so the money has to be found for that, tempting the promoter to try and cover the expense by charging for admission.

I’ve always maintained that Our Lady’s message is given freely and abundantly. When there’s a price put on the message then know that the man downstairs is laughing all the way to the bank, so to speak.
Bluecross, I agree about the secrets. On my old website, I had a page trying to work out when the miracle at Garabandal would occur, based on clues the visionaries gave. I did that as it seemed to be a similar prophecy to the 3rd secret of Medjugorje. I have taken it down because in the past few years, Garabandal has shot itself twice in the foot. However, that page was getting huge amount of traffic.

I disagree on Cardinal Muller, as in Australia, it was seen as a new pronouncement. Previously there had been a bigger amount of promotion. That did decline after Archbishop (now Cardinal) Pell moved to Sydney.

I tend to agree on the promoters, but some of us did ask for donations to help cover costs. We kept things simple here. No hotel stays, basic venues etc, but still there was a cost. I know 2 promoters, who changed many lives almost went bankrupt.

Everything in Moderation.

Cheers
Leo.