Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By bluecross
Just a thought, but has anyone considered the possibility that Our Lady’s apparitions and messages will continue beyond the lives of the six visionaries, perhaps to a new group of seers?

I ask this because in her latest Medjugorje message to Marija Our Lady says:
You are not alone; I am with you through the grace which the Most High gives me for you and your descendants.
In a very early message Our Lady surprised the Medjugorje parish when she said on April 4, 1985:
Dear children! I thank you for having started to think more about God's glory in your hearts. Today is the day when I wished to stop giving the messages because some individuals did not accept me. The parish has been moved and I wish to keep on giving you messages as it has never been in history from the beginning of the world. Thank you for having responded to my call.
So can we (not mysel as I shall be long gone before any of the visonaries) anticipate or hope for Our Lady to be with us in this unique way, through God’s grace, for our descendants as she has been present for us these past 36 years?

I have often pondered how the whole world can be converted in such a short space of time, if we can call 36 years a short time. But God’s time is everlasting. There is no end, only eternity.

Our Lady still speaks of the world as being gripped in sin – I consider every soul born as a fresh challenge for Satan. So it’s a slow roll-out, perhaps meant to be that way. I know some would have liked to have seen the revealing of the so-called ‘secrets’ to instil a sense of urgency in the world and souls yet to know the love of God, but now I understand that it is those who have experienced the love of God in their hearts that are being called to mission. That takes time, and maybe even an extended stay of Our Lady at Medjugorje.
By leo daly
Yes, prayer and fasting can change many things. She did say that the 7th secret has been lessened. It is also possible she'll extend the time of grace. Who knows, apart from those in heaven? This would mean Mirjana would have to surrender the parchment to the next person. Fr Petar would have to be informed, he is no longer required.
cheers
Leo.
By ministryvalues
marian apparitions dont have the best track record of secrets unfolding .. Akita is probably the best example of epic chastisements not really occurring. With that said I truly believe the accuracy of the Fatima prophecies are underappreciated by Catholic intellectuals and Catholic opinion makers.Fatima is the greatest example of prophecy coming true. Most notably Our Lady talked of Russia's error (Communist atheism) a great War WW2 . Fatima talked about Russia's consecration with occurred in 1984 March .. This led to the fall of the berlin wall and the peaceful end of state-sponsored atheism. The prophecies unfolded EXACTLY like Our Lady said at Fatima.

Now to bring up a point that some disagree with but with recent events maybe you can see the astonishing Medjugorje prophecy more clearly.

I have spoken about what i call "The Great Prophecy" of Medjugorje. Our Lady said "Russia will come to glorify God the most, the West has made modern progress but without God and act as if they are their own creator"

Here in the United States, Russia is a news headline 24/7. USA media is demonizing Russia in a manner unlike anything I have seen in my life. There is a dangerous momentum to the hysteria. While USA demonizes Russia there is an incredible spiritual revival taking place. WHo predicted this? The answer is nobody but Our Lady the Queen of Peace at Medjugorje.

As I have said before Medigorje and Fatima are connected by Russia.

So in my opinion the Medjugorje prophecy is already unfolding. It is unfolding right before our eyes.

One other point.. At Fatima Our Lady said "God would grant a period of peace. I have said Our Lady at Medjugorje who came in 1981 is the "Peace" God granted the world. Importantly God did not say there would be world peace., but rather "Peace would be GRANTED to the world. God granted us the Queen of Peace. Medjugorje is the "period of peace" that God granted the world..Our Lady says often "Now is TIME of grace". Is the period of peace coming to and end?
By bluecross
At the start of the millennium the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) issued an informative teaching document on the “Message of Fatima”. It’s available on the Vatican website:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congr ... ma_en.html

The contribution by Cardinal Ratzinger (later Pope Benedict XVI) is particularly helpful in placing in context (according to Church teaching) the nature of apparitions, interpretation of visions and messages, and presenting prophecy in its biblical sense as explaining the will of God.

In another section Sr Lucy explains why the acceptance or interpretation of such phenomena can be better understood in time.
By Maryh
Thanks so much Bluecross for that link:

Its pretty scholarly but i really feel the need to understand it.
By bluecross
Yes,MaryH, it does require reading a few times. But it’s worth it for a better understanding and insight. The Church is there to guide us, especially when there are so many false prophets claiming that this or that is going to happen in the future.

Asking the Holy Spirit to awaken his gift of Understanding in us is a good approach to reading the Cardinal Ratzinger text.