Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

bluecross wrote:So the end of the world isn’t nigh after all, if we are of mind to accept what Our Lady has said in her latest message to the world via Marija this month (March 25).

She speaks about descendents – “your descendants” – that’s those who live after we die. :)

So all the spooky stuff associated with the so-called Medjugorje “secrets”, all the fear-mongering, scary prophecies that some push and peddle on the internet can, at last, be discarded, and as Our Lady says, we can “begin a new life through prayer, penance and a decision for holiness.” We have no need to be frozen by fear as a rabbit caught in headlights, and then try to push our own fears onto others. We live in a TIME OF GRACE. Grace is a gift from God.

And it seems that Our Lady is going to be around for sometime yet to share the grace she is full of, the grace, as she says, given to her to share with us and our DESCENDANTS.

GRACE DESCENDS FROM ABOVE... to us and our DESCENDANTS. We can help share that grace, God’s mercy. That way we bear fruit. That’s what happens at Medjugorje.

It’s wonderful to know that God’s grace will continue to flow long after we have left this world. :)
Dear children! In this time of grace, I am calling all of you to open your hearts to God’s mercy, to begin a new life through prayer, penance and a decision for holiness.

This time of spring moves you to a new life, to a renewal, in your thoughts and hearts.

Therefore, little children, I am with you to help you to say ‘yes’ to God and to God’s commandments with resoluteness.

You are not alone; I am with you through the grace which the Most High gives me for you and your descendants.

Thank you for having responded to my call.
Descendants could just mean children or grandchildren who are currently living. And I'm pretty sure I remember hearing somewhere that the secrets were supposed to happen during the visionaries' lifetime.
Descendants could just mean children or grandchildren who are currently living.
When Our Lady speaks of the ‘living’ she usually uses the word “families”.

There are dozens of Our Lady’s messages with the words family and families, but there has only ever been one that has mentioned the word descendants and that was the message given to Marija this month.

Ancestors and descendants go together. If I speak about my ancestors I am referring to those who are no longer alive on earth. If I speak about descendants, I am referring to those who have yet to be born. If I speak about my children I refer to them as my children and not descendants, same for grandchildren.

Neither does Our Lady start her messages with the words “Dear descendants” –– she says, “Dear children”.

It’s a message of hope for the future.

The question we need to ask of ourselves, and keep asking when our faith in Jesus is tested, is just why he said so many times: “Do not be afraid”.

Pope Francis Tweeted these words today:
The peace that springs from faith is a gift: it is the grace of feeling that God loves us and that he is always beside us.
Dear Bluecross and All,

I enjoy hearing your interpretations along with others who might differ but sometimes one looses the focus on the message of Medjugorje.
Not you, but others seem to revel in contradicting and encouraging a hostile banter. I do not read all categories listed as a choice not to be caught in a dark philosophy.
Medjugorje is a peace filled and a holy place for which we all meditate and encourage others in our dialoge. I wish to be back there every day.
Ministryvalues, I STRONGLY encourage you to pray the Great Remedy Novena fostered by Mother Angelica in EWTN prayer to obtain money to go there to experience the joy of Medjuorje. I pray it every day. for the last three years the BVM has granted me the miracle of obtaining the money for my husband and I to go again. I am praying it now to return in October with 206TOURS and Wayne Wieble.

Respectfully,
Love in Christ
MRSTOL
I am praying it now to return in October with 206TOURS and Wayne Wieble.
For the anniversary of the Fatima “miracle of the sun”?

I once witnessed the so-called Fatima “miracle of the sun” at Medjugorje, but not on October 13. :)

It’s not the same as the regular “spinning sun” phenomenon witnessed at Medjugorje. That phenomenon occurs at other places around the world. I have seen it at three other places outside of Medjugorje and Bosnia Herzegovina.
The course of mankind has been full of ups and downs which center on their places of habitation and the subjects they contemplate on; I have always thought of the end of the world as a new beginning enfolding, we have been here for billions of years and will usher in other eras as well. My Cathar ancestors from Southern France knew this even after they were martyred. Their way continued on and endured for hundreds of years before finally ending in England by a non conformist who thought that spirits came in a bottle! Since that time things seemed to go spiritually downhill!

The message of Medjugorje has been on one of Christ's one and only greatest commandments and that is "To love one another" through constant practice and contemplation of that commandment we can live anywhere and among any culture. In order to live positively we must live peacefully in order to best achieve that we don't have to go to Medjugorje to learn we only need to listen to the words of Our Mother spoken to us on the average twice a month.

After Christ was crucified there was an era of peace that lasted for hundreds of years and than kings to war with each other and that practice continued until the present decline of humanity and finally rescued by Fatima and Medjugorje will ascend once more to time of great spiritual grace in deliverance of the world's spiritually challenged we have much t be thankful to be born into such a great era!

Dave :D
we must live peacefully in order to best achieve that we don't have to go to Medjugorje to learn we only need to listen to the words of Our Mother spoken to us on the average twice a month.
Sounds simple when you say “we only need to listen”, but that’s the problem, people don’t always listen.

Very early on, in 1985, Our Lady said: “Dear children! I desire to lead you, but you do not wish to listen to my messages.”

And, yes, we don’t have to go to Medjugorje to learn, but in a way that’s like saying we don’t have to go anywhere to learn, even to school. And that may be true for some. But sometimes we find ourselves in places not just for oneself, but for others.

There are very special graces on offer to those who visit Medjugorje, especially for those whose hearts are hardened for whatever reason, or even closed.

Something else I feel that needs to be understood is that Our Lady is teaching nothing new. She simply carries the Gospel message, the Word, Jesus himself. We can listen to her messages and listen to the priests read and preach the Gospel on Sundays, but if our heart is not inclined to respond can we truly say that we have listened? It’s like saying “I believe in God” and not responding in the way God asks us to do.

My first visit to Medjugorje wasn’t in response to Our Lady’s messages. I hadn’t read any of them. Yet while I was there I was blessed to hear God speak in my heart with the words: “My love for you is greater than your sins.” That special grace has stayed with me ever since. It’s all I ever needed to know. I realised what the apostle John meant when he claimed he was “the one whom Jesus loved.” He knew, he was certain, he was at peace, assured that God loved him whatever his sinful condition. And on that basis life takes on a new meaning and purpose.

Yes, there are some wonderful graces waiting at Medjugorje, as there are everywhere in this world if we are blessed to have our eyes and heart opened to see and receive them. The graces are daily – for everyone.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
stop being anxious and watchful, for I am your God.
I give you strength, I bring you help,
I uphold you with my victorious right hand.

(Isaiah 41 : 10)
After Christ was crucified there was an era of peace that lasted for hundreds of years
Not really as in really not.
I saw a rainbow yesterday. Wasn't that a sign for Noah as a promise that human kind would never be destroyed again? Why then did St Peter say the end of all things is near? Very confusing all this. I'm just hoping to get out of death. Hopefully to be clothed in a new body of light when Satan's 100 year's is up. That way I could have decedents and still see the end of the "world" or "worldly" things. I also could just be a tool.