Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By bluecross
From today, the British government begins the process of negotiating the UK’s exit from the European Union.

A divorce – some say.

The future? Who knows for certain?

It will take a couple of years at least for the negotiations to be completed and final separation.

Mrs May, the prime minister, has said there is no turning back.

A majority of the UK voted in favour of leaving the EU, although the margin was slender.
By Maryh
Its my conclusion that Brexit was the direct result of the way the refugee crisis was handled.

Merkel invited every Tom, Dick & Harry in to Europe, (so many weren't even Syrian refugees) & then
herself and Junker admonished the rest of the EU to take responsibility and share the load.

Angela Merkel is a Christian so I do admire her welcoming, all encompassing open arms but
I think in this instance members of her own country are paying dearly. Many women no longer feel safe.
I think this move lacked prudence & put the fear of God into many other EU countries.
It made them feel out of control & no longer sovereign. No longer independent or gatekeepers of their own countries.

Between herself and Junker; the strong virtue signalling message may have come off like a dictatorship.

And the vast majority of them wanted to come to the UK.

I know of no other reason why they wanted out.
By bluecross
Fear is often the driving force in decision-making.

Addressing the European Parliament in 2014, Pope Francis said, as a pastor, he wanted to present “a message of hope, based on the confidence that our problems can become powerful forces for unity in working to overcome all those fears which Europe – together with the entire world – is presently experiencing.  It is a message of hope in the Lord, who turns evil into good and death into life.”

The full text is online at: http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/11 ... nt/1112318

I look on the ‘divorce’ as a challenge to remember that God is in all situations, and so not succumb to all the fearful predictions made by both sides for and against ‘brexit’.

Millions of lives have been affected by the pain of divorce and I can’t see it being any different for the millions of Europeans who are now dependent on politicians negotiating a settlement over the UK leaving the European Union.

Agreement will, no doubt, be reached at sometime on the terms of the divorce, and after that will begin the start of the healing process. For that to happen, we must overcome our fears and any lurking resentments.
By Maryh
bluecross wrote:Fear is often the driving force in decision-making.
I think it was insecurity that triggered it for sure; now I know there are many fears that are mostly economic based ones.

I think the UK will be absolutely fine;
I still think of UK as my close neighbour and the 'divorce' as the country 'needing its space' for a while! Maybe I'm simplifying things.
We will still all be able to communicate and hopefully negotiate the terms and conditions that work best
for each country in all its uniqueness.

The more I hear; the more I'm convinced that I don't like a centralization of power which is far removed
from the lives of people and all the issues they're confronted with. Its too remote.
How do they know everything's ok from so far away? In Brussels or even Rome...unless they send out special envoy's with
listening ears and open fair minds & a willingness to take seriously issues that are important to them.

bluecross wrote:It is a message of hope in the Lord, who turns evil into good and death into life.”
Absolutely this.
By bluecross
I was hearing today that it may take years to repeal the EU laws. Does the timeframe really matter?

It can take some people half a day to climb Mt Krizevac. Others can get up and down in a couple of hours.

The point is to start the journey, not to complain that the mountain is too high, or too difficult.

I’ve never come across the word complain in any of Our Lady’s messages.

Step by step, stone by stone, Mother Mary lead us home.
By Maryh
Your post reminds me of how the Israelite's got bitten by poisonous snakes because
they were complaining too much as Moses lead them out on their journey from captivity into the promised land.
Even after God had provided them with manna & everything. They weren't focusing on God's leadership or goodness or
all he had already provided them with so God had to show them what side their bread was buttered. :wink:
Only by looking up at the bronze serpent on the pole; could they save themselves. Must have been an exercise in having faith.

I suppose complaining & also worrying too much indicates a lack of trust in God.
By Maryh
I heard that Cornish Pasties may be in danger without EU protection! :)

May be a blessing in disguise i don't know; i never had one but i heard people complaining they
made them gain too much weight from eating too many of them. :lol:
By bluecross
Gibraltar is up for grabs, according to today’s news.

I’m not surprised, either, by Spain’s threat of veto re their claim on the island.

But I can’t see the UK government selling out on this one.

Raising issues like this will only delay settlement between the EU and the UK.

Another hurdle I don’t see being settled quickly is the Irish border issue.

Likely this will provoke discontent among groups in NI, especially as the two main parties are unable to come together at the moment to govern.

There is EU documentation on Cornish pasties at this link: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 036:EN:PDF :)

After reading this, no one will be surprised at why many UK manufacturers are keen to break away from EU, although I must say I was impressed with the historical and geographical background information.

Regulations and laws are necessary for protection, but over regulation, applied blanket fashion, can smother creativity and initiative.