Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By bluecross
Has anyone thought about the time when Our Lady will stop giving messages and no longer appear to the visionaries, what then might become of Medjugorje?

Will it have the same appeal for pilgrims when the visionaries are no longer there? Will Medjugorje still be an “oasis of peace”? Or will it have manifested into just another stop-off for day-trippers and tourists, even for commercial weekend conferences and events?

For some time now tour operators have been offering pilgrims day-vists to Mostar or two and three days on the Croatian coast, visits to waterfalls and other ‘attractions’ in the region as part of the package deal to Medjugorje. Less time in Medjugorje, more time spent elsewhere.

It may be said that the ‘pilgrims’ demand a more varied itinerary, better accomodation and facilities, more entertainment and other ‘experiences’.

Will Medjugorje become just another add-on as an incentive or attraction for other events, say weekend conferences or even sporting events?

It seems to me what was once the main focus and attraction of Medjugorje, the apparitions and visionaries, is slowly being replaced by other ‘attractions’.

In bringing the world to Medjugorje has Medjugorje been contaminated by the world?

In the early days of the apparitions some people attending one of Our Lady’s apparitons were invited to touch her. It upset one of the visionaries (Vicka, I think) when she saw the stains left on Our Lady’s dress. She advised everyone to go to confession.

Will the desire to confess at Medjugorje be the priority it has been when the days of apparitions and visionaries have ended?
By Maryh
I don't know Bluecross.
That sounds to me like that some of those people are mostly interested in a holiday and not an actual pilgrimage where
they're seeking to get closer to God.
They don't want to experience any kind of desert; they want to drink wine and have a good time. :)
Suppose its only human to want all this. Not hardships of any kind.

I've never been but i would like to think that the special atmosphere of prayer and peace that I've heard exists there
would continue despite the ending of apparitions.
I don't know if everyone who goes there is chasing these apparition experiences in the first place. :?
From the people i know who went; i don't think it was their main motivation.

Makes me consider how sometimes there is no choice in life whether to escape from our desert experiences though.
If we can stick it out; the promise of God is that there are treasures waiting for having passed through it. Deserts can be a thing of beauty too.
They also have to come to an end. They don't last forever.
Attachments
89662c819cbee2d9a64b710717e93d85.jpg
89662c819cbee2d9a64b710717e93d85.jpg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 6409 times
04eed7f925a436a654e3753069291006.jpg
04eed7f925a436a654e3753069291006.jpg (40.45 KiB) Viewed 6409 times
By Prodigals
bluecross wrote: Will it have the same appeal for pilgrims when the visionaries are no longer there? Will Medjugorje still be an “oasis of peace”? Or will it have manifested into just another stop-off for day-trippers and tourists, even for commercial weekend conferences and events?
If we believe Our Lady's promises, that she will place a miraculous supernatural sign there, than what you are pondering cannot happen.
By bluecross
There are countless ‘miraculous’ visible signs of God throughout the world, mostly taken for granted or declared as ‘natural’. Many are breathtaking and stir the soul, but not everyone sees God’s hand in this.

This point is made in Luke’s Gospel (16 : 31)... “If they will not listen either to Moses or to the prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone should rise from the dead.”

But what need does Mary have to ‘prove’ her visitations to Medjugorje when she is already approved by God, and God himself has ‘proved’ his love for his children by sending his Son to redeem the world?

Can there ever be a greater ‘permanent’ sign than Jesus, his Cross and Resurrection?
By maryannlucy
We have to remind ourselves of some things Our Lady has told us. She said we live in 'difficult times.'
We need to 'recognize the signs of the time in which we live.' She said we are important in a 'great plan, which God leads through Medjugorje.' She said, "God desires to convert the entire world and call it to salvation and to Himself, who is the beginning and end of every being." This is a great grace which God gives through Our Lady's presence as she assures that 'I will triumph through you.'

Keep plodding away, my fellow brothers and sisters.

Here are the messages from nearly 10 years ago that sum it up.
June 2, 2007
“Dear children! Also in this difficult time God's love sends me to you. My children, do not be afraid, I am with you. With complete trust give me your hearts, that I may help you to recognize the signs of the time in which you live. I will help you to come to know the love of my Son. I will triumph through you. Thank you. ”
June 25, 2007
“Dear children! Also today, with great joy in my heart, I call you to conversion. Little children, do not forget that you are all important in this great plan, which God leads through Medjugorje. God desires to convert the entire world and to call it to salvation and to the way towards Himself, who is the beginning and the end of every being. In a special way, little children, from the depth of my heart, I call you all to open yourselves to this great grace that God gives you through my presence here. I desire to thank each of you for the sacrifices and prayers. I am with you and I bless you all. Thank you for having responded to my call. ”
By bluecross
So if the “permanent” sign is to prove to be such a ‘clincher’ for non-believers and God desires to convert the entire world, then why hasn’t the “permanent” sign already appeared as promised?

What else does God require of the world before Our Lady delivers her promise?

Could it be faith?

But Jesus said to them: “A prophet is only despised in his own country and in his own house”, and he did not work many miracles there because of their lack of faith. (Matthew 13 : 57-58)

Later, Jesus said to the Pharisees: “The only sign (an evil and unfaithful generation) will be given is the sign of Jonah.” (Matthew 16 : 4)

So it seems to me that it is the sign of the Resurrection we should be looking for –– in ourselves and in others.

I see that sign at Medjugorje –resurrected life – life in Christ; where sons and daughters are brought back from the dead and given back to their Mother – the Church. I see it as a sign of the presence of the Holy Spirit, but know that the Spirit manifests where it chooses and not just at Medjugorje.
By maryannlucy
Vicka said a couple of years ago that the plan was far from being realized because 'the prayers do not come'
Vicka visited San Giovanni Rotondo a few years ago and described the apparition from March 11, 2015.
" ...Our Lady came joyful and, like every time, greeted with the words "Praise be to Jesus." Then blessed all adding: "I bless you with my motherly blessing." Then gave the following message: "Dear children! Once again I invite you to pray more and talk less, especially during this Lent. Pray that you realize my plan that is still far from being realized. I ask you, in particular, to pray for the families and for young people who are in a very difficult situation: you can only help them with your prayers and your love. I bless you. " Then the Lady is gone and, like every time, left saying "Go in the peace of God." And while Madonna disappeared the seer has seen, as always, three signs: the cross, the heart and the sun. Commenting briefly on the words of Madonna, Vicka pointed out that the plan of the Madonna is far from being realized because "the prayers do not come." She also remarked that the Madonna twice lately suffers much for families and for young people who are now making very very difficult choices. "
By bluecross
Vicka said a couple of years ago that the plan was far from being realized because 'the prayers do not come'
Which plan?

This one?
According to God's plan I am with you to help you to have my Son, His Cross and Resurrection, triumph in your hearts.
(June 2, 2011
BG wrote:
So it seems to me that it is the sign of the Resurrection we should be looking for –– in ourselves and in others.

I see that sign at Medjugorje –resurrected life – life in Christ; where sons and daughters are brought back from the dead and given back to their Mother – the Church. I see it as a sign of the presence of the Holy Spirit, but know that the Spirit manifests where it chooses and not just at Medjugorje.
The permanent sign is life in Christ. He is the sign of the times “calling us to himself”, he who conquered and “triumphed over death” given to the world through Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart, her “yes”.

Her “yes” to God was not just for Christ but for all her children. This is why when a soul turns back to God it is a triumph for her Immaculate Heart, and why “in the same way there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” (Luke 15 : 10)
By maryannlucy
the plan is : God desires to convert the entire world and to call it to salvation and to the way towards Himself, who is the beginning and the end of every being.
Our Lady has also said she came to tell the world that God exists.
She said she needs our prayers and witness to accomplish this.
Since Vicka said the plan is far from being realized in 2015 and as you shared a while ago Vicka said that the triumph is 'close'. Maybe we are making progress(?) There is no way to measure the progress or not from our vantage point.
By bluecross
Seems were are back to the point of what people understand is meant by the Triumph of Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart. :)

God reconciled the world to himself through the death and resurrection of his Son Jesus.

However, not all souls desire to reconcile with God, or are aware of his unconditional love for them, hence the lack of peace in hearts and the cause of so much conflict. And even for those who do believe, the temptation to sin is always present.

But as long as satan is in the mix, temptation will always be there. Every soul born is a fresh challenge for the devil. Even Jesus faced temptation.

When we succumb to evil it is a triumph for Satan. When we surrender to Christ, it is a triumph for Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart. Hence her call and the call of all the prophets, to reconcile with God and each other.

Jesus overcame the power of sin. He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. The sacrificial lamb. He redeems. He is the everlasting and eternal Triumph; the Good Shepherd who leads his flock, those who hear his voice, his call, in their hearts. He is the good in every heart.

As for Our Lady coming to tell the world that God exists, she also makes it very clear that Satan does also.

In my book it will always be this way until the end of time and the final everlasting Triumph.

But in the meantime, there are battles to be fought, victories and triumphs to be achieved. A simple no against temptation is a triumph in itself, a sign of God’s grace, ever present in the heart that is “full of grace”.
By ActionReq
I see that Communion numbers at Medjugorje are down 8% on the first four months of 2017, compared to 2016.
You know how an animal gets extinct?
First there is enough of the specie.
Then for some reason the population
decreases. At one point the population
dips below a certain critical mass. And
from thenceforth there is no recovery.
Sometimes through human intercession,
the specie below critical mass can be
saved. Humans create an environment
for the specie to survive easier. They
supply food for a while and a possibility
to survive on its own.
In the end when the population is back
to another critical mass, it can survive
on its own, and the population will
increase on its own. In the end the
specie was saved, just because it
reached a critical mass.

Just trying to make sense of the
expression:
In the end,
my immaculate heart will triumph.

Maybe in the end only God knows
about the triumph.
By Prodigals
bluecross wrote:I see that Communion numbers at Medjugorje are down 8% on the first four months of 2017, compared to 2016.

There has been a downward trend these past four years on overall Communions distributed.
I remember hearing a few times that Vicka has supposedly said that the sign will come at a time when hardly anyone believes. It is not clear whether she was speaking about belief in Medjugorje, or about belief in God in general.
By bluecross
Maybe both.

Our Lady’s message is a slow roll-out.

2000 years after the Gospels there is still much ‘unbelief’ in the world.

Maybe that’s why the Vatican is in no rush to endorse the message, or the apparitions. It’s been said many times: “The Church does not hurry”.

I can understand there being an urgency for the living souls on earth, but as I asked earlier, if this is so, then why isn’t the sign given for these people now?

Why does there have to be some mystery about such soul-threatening matters? Why the need for secrets when we are asked to proclaim the Gospel?

Are the so-called secrets more important than the Gospel message?
By Maryh
bluecross wrote:I can understand there being an urgency for the living souls on earth, but as I asked earlier, if this is so, then why isn’t the sign given for these people now?

Why does there have to be some mystery about such soul-threatening matters? Why the need for secrets when we are asked to proclaim the Gospel?

Are the so-called secrets more important than the Gospel message?
Why isn't the sign given for these people now? - My guess is that it's on God's time line not our time line.

I think the mystery isn't in connection to soul threatening matters; My guess is that God has given us all enough graces
to help us already with everything that threatens our soul.
I know what you mean though; these messages may take up more 'brain space' than the good news of the gospel for people
who may spend maybe more time than perhaps they should; wondering about mysterious future events than the here and now and
accepting their lives as it currently is.
I don't think the secrets are more important than the Gospel message. My guess is that some of these secrets may never touch my life. Well i hardly ever think of them anyway.
Desert Streams
He turns a desert into pools of water, a parched land into springs of water. Psalm 107: 35

On your journey, you sometimes pass through desert areas filled with nothing but uninviting cacti and sun-scorched sands as far as the eye can see- seemingly barren wastelands on the landscape of your life. What you do not see so easily is that the desert is teaming with robust life. Underground streams support a variety of hearty vegetation and lively creatures. God has not lessened the intensity of the sun's rays for their benefit. The sun shines on, but God has equipped the desert's flora and fauna to withstand the extremities of their home.
You pass through dry, parched areas in your journey through life. When you do, you must remember that God will faithfully provide for you, just as he has for the plants and creatures of the desert.

O God, thou art my God; early will i seek thee; my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee; in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.
Psalm 63:1

God, when i need streams in the deserts of my life, i will place my hope in your faithfulness and love for me. Amen.
Moments of peace in the presence of God.- Bethany House