Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Angelica
I am interested in knowing an inexpensive way to go to Medjugorje. I went for the 6th anniversary in June 1987 and would love to go back but with financial constraints I am finding it rather challenging. I live in the northeast of the US and JFK, Boston & Providence are all options to travel from. I saw on Trip Advisor some very inexpensive hotels to stay in while in Medjugorje. One question is if I could fly to Dubrovnik, how would I go from Dubrovnik to Medjugorje by bus. Is there a bus company? It's been a long time since I was there and things have changed tremendously. Any help would be appreciated. God Bless
By ActionReq
Angelica wrote:I am interested in knowing an inexpensive way to go to Medjugorje. I went for the 6th anniversary in June 1987 and would love to go back but with financial constraints I am finding it rather challenging. I live in the northeast of the US and JFK, Boston & Providence are all options to travel from. I saw on Trip Advisor some very inexpensive hotels to stay in while in Medjugorje. One question is if I could fly to Dubrovnik, how would I go from Dubrovnik to Medjugorje by bus. Is there a bus company? It's been a long time since I was there and things have changed tremendously. Any help would be appreciated. God Bless
I went to Medjugorje several times,
never went through Dubrovnik.
Always Split or Sarajevo.
Good bus connections from
there. Also very cheap.
We are talking less than
$20. You must be physically
fit to do all this. Jump out of
the 15hours airplane trip take
a bus to split. Walk 3 minutes
hop on the bus to Medjugorje.
Make sure your plane lands
before 10AM and you will sleep
the same day in medjugorje.
Maybe you have some moment
to see split. Leave your baggage
at a dropoff near the busstation.
There are some dropoffs there
that store your baggage for
little money.
https://www.balkanviator.com/en/bus-tim ... gorje-bih/
By MRSTOL
Dear Angelica,

There are several methods by to which get there. I have been thru all three host cities. Split is a new straight highway taking about 2-2 1/2 hours. Dubrovnik and Sarajevo are beautiful ways thru the country side which are all 2-1/2 hours. You can fly to Europe with frequent flyer plan or credit card points if you have them. Get to a Europe host city then Medjugorje. Pansions in Medjugorj are reasonable per night.

I ultimately recommend my always first choice plan to by 206TOURS group out of New York City. They are a Catholic tour group that specializes in Medjugorje tours. I have gone with them for my tours. there number is 1-800-206-TOUR.
Happy hunting!

Love in Christ,
MRSTOL
By Angelica
Thank you so much!! Now pray that I get an opportunity to go!! I would like to be there for Our Lady's birthday (which is mine as well) but one never knows!
God Bless