Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By gtc
I go back to something that the Pope said, that this is his personal feelings. He is conflicted and that is very evident. I believe most of us have already resolved this conflict, and want him to as well. Perhaps we are trying to help him solve this conflict?

Why would repeated messages mean a diminished return? If that is the case, then why do we pray the rosary every day? Messages from God have value, even if there is repetition. How many of us have said the messages spoke to us with something we were dealing with at that moment? BC, how many times have you provided messages the Pope gave or scripture that related to the latest message?

One thing I wanted to add. The comment that the messages would end and that they continue instead. The daily messages for the visionaries will and have ended once they receive or received the 10th secret. I don’t know if that is in the context of their comment, but that is relevant. For those who ended their daily messages, it seems that each has been provided with a mission by Mother Mary. Mirjana said in her book that Mother Mary has the right to change her mind regarding receiving no more messages.

Regarding Mirjana, BC, I know you have concerns with some of what she has said and her behavior, but I also think she has probably borne a great responsibility in that she is tasked with having to reveal the secrets and also has to provide a message every month that has more depth than Marija. She speaks to how difficult it is each month to see Mother Mary and then come back to earth afterwards. We can only imagine how challenging that is. From what I have observed of her, I find it very difficult to believe she is not legitimate. My impression of her is that she is a very common sense and down to earth person. Sean, you can speak to this much better than I can.
As for the change in tone and some messages sounding different, I am not so bothered by that. I expect as time evolves the tone will likely change again.

I have a great sense of peace about all this. This will work out. God is in charge.
By bluecross
BC, how many times have you provided messages the Pope gave or scripture that related to the latest message?
Many, many times, but this is my way of relating to Scripture and sharing the experience. I do it also with photos where I link to something said in a message or a piece of Scripture. I also relate family experiences and events to Scripture. This past 18 months I have been studying 15th century paintings (I’m not an art historian by the way) and relating these to Scripture. You will notice that many of my responses to posts on the forum, I connect with Scripture (Some may think I’m preaching, but I’m not). Scripture is very much alive to me in my everyday life and it brings me joy to be able to relate God’s word to everyday matters).

I can even relate this practise to the Pope’s remark about his personal feelings. He obviously finds it difficult to relate the messages and apparitions to his living experience of God and the Blessed Virgin, or even perhaps Scripture. He was very adamant when he said: “This is not the Mother of Jesus.” Pope Francis may in time see the ongoing apparitions and messages in a different light, but he’s pushing on in age.

GTC, you also pointed out:
Mirjana said in her book that Mother Mary has the right to change her mind regarding receiving no more messages.
I haven’t read Mirjana’s book, but I am familiar with this remark made by her. She uses it to justify Our Lady appearing to her on a regular basis again after she was told she would not receive any more daily apparitions. Mirjana has also presented it in another way: “It is a woman’s prerogative to change her mind.” And she says this with a smile on her face and in a light-hearted way.

I find this comment probably the most disturbing of any Mirjana has made. It’s a difficult question for her to answer, so she makes light of it. I refer to this shift as ‘moving the goalposts’ and because it has been applied in this instance there is no reason why the goalposts can’t be moved again, saying it is Our Lady’s or a woman’s prerogative to change her mind!

Sure, the blessed Mother can change her mind, so can God. He did with Jonah after the prophet preached that Nineveh would be destroyed. God’s change of heart upset Jonah and he sulked because of it.

It’s usually our own words that are likely to condemn us. Keep schpeeling and we will probably end up contradicting ourselves (or changing our mind). And I don’t exclude myself in this! :)
It's morning in county Down BC. Time to end MP's misery over....
http://gwipl.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/sheep.jpg
and the rest of us :)
Since Vatican insider's publication it has become increasingly clear that The Holy Father has a positive Ruini commission report and has not excluded current or future messages of The Gospa through the seers. As was indicted, his personal opinion is not infallible. Neither is a negatively held view contrary to the Church's magisterium (private revelations)nor is it fixed. It remains that the Holy Father can change his mind (a man's prerogative) and The Church may alter its official stance should an indisputable divine supernatural cause become apparent in time to come.
In caritate Regis qui venturus est.
JB
By gtc
bluecross wrote:
Pope Francis may in time see the ongoing apparitions and messages in a different light, but he’s pushing on in age.
True, it becomes much more difficult to change when we get older. To steal a line from Bill Belichek, "It is what it is". :)
bluecross wrote:
It’s usually our own words that are likely to condemn us. Keep schpeeling and we will probably end up contradicting ourselves (or changing our mind). And I don’t exclude myself in this! :)
And myself either :)
jacksiebreen wrote:It's morning in county Down BC. Time to end MP's misery over....
http://gwipl.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/sheep.jpg
and the rest of us
Jacksiebreen, A good afternoon to ya! Thanks for the help but not sure how the link will solve this? Maybe this is an English/Irish thing? Not to sound ignorant but Is there something I am missing here?
I'm surprised that Action Req hasn't figured this riddle out yet,,,

Well BC, Last night while you were counting sheep, I was out chasing a lone Elk where she finally provided me with this beautiful backdrop. It wasn't a sheep but it worked out well....

As with Medjugorje, God provides us with amazing things... We just have to get out and look for it, and not over analyze it, and just accept it for what it is -- a Beautiful gift!
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Sat May 27, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Can someone please clarify something for me 're. Our Lady and the Our Father prayer?
Someone (my mother) told me that Our Lady refused to pray it at Fatima (due to not needing forgiveness for trespasses) but that she prayed it with the Medjugorje seers.
1) is this actually true?
2) If it's true, does this in itself condemn the seers?
My mum said she got this information from an interview with some Priest that she seen on Ewtn.
By Maryh
What a beautiful, fresh and pristine place MP! :)
I would love to be there. I'm surprised you still have snow!

Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Don't know the answer to that Q. SBI.
I read an article recently where Archbishops Hoser's tone about the envoy seemed to come across very positive, upbeat and optimistic.
I'll try to post the details somewhere.

I'm more worried about condemning myself these days; than if the seers are going to be condemned.
The plot has thickened for me when i found out that 'Schism' and 'Sacrilege' is considered a mortal sin.

Schism; "the refusal of submission to the Roman Pontiff or of communion with the members of the Church subject to him."

Sacrilege: ..consists in profaning or treating unworthily the sacraments and other liturgical actions, as well as persons, things, or places consecrated to God. Sacrilege is a grave sin especially when committed against the Eucharist (i.e., receiving Communion while in a state of mortal sin committed post-baptism).

This last one where it says; treating unworthily -as well as persons, things, or places consecrated to God. :? This is tricky.

I thought i had my hands (& brain) full already trying to love my neighbour as myself and my enemies while obeying all the 10 commandments.
In my parish newsletter i found some words of encouragement too, Written by Tom Cox:
Our hurting, broken and disfigured world so needs the spirit of Truth. In a world of 'alternative facts' we do feel orphaned and cut off. People don't know who or what to trust. But if we hold fast to the beginning and end of the Sunday Gospel we are reminded to do two things "Love" and "Obey". To love first, longer, lastingly and again and again. To obey by listening deeply, widely, and to lovingly respond-then all will be well and the Spirit of Truth will come to be with us for the long haul.
Last edited by Maryh on Sun May 21, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stunnedbyit, I found an answer that Jacov gave to an interviewer (Kresimir Sego A Conversation with the Visionaries page 51 The interviewer asks Jacov to describe an apparition Here is his answer:
We always prepare for the apparitions by praying; we pray the rosary. When Gospa is about to appear, we see a flash of light three times and everything around us disappears and all we see is the Gospa. It is difficult to describe the apparition itself. Actually, it is impossible because the peace and joy one feels during the apparition is indescribable. It is difficult to describe in human language. It can only be experienced. We always pray an Our Father and a Glory Be with Our Lady, we pray for all the pilgrims and those who have come to Medjugorje, and also pray for the ill.
====
By Prodigals
stunnedbyit wrote:Can someone please clarify something for me 're. Our Lady and the Our Father prayer?
Someone (my mother) told me that Our Lady refused to pray it at Fatima (due to not needing forgiveness for trespasses) but that she prayed it with the Medjugorje seers.
Stunnedbyit, whoever told this to you may be confused. Our Lady does not pray the Hail Mary.
Thanks BC and Maryh for the nice words on the pic. God's creation is incredible.

On another note, I now have relatives emailing me with articles from radical media groups such as the Church Militant who appear to be doing a good job brainwashing those who are not informed on the recent Pope comments and other events. I spent a good deal of time educating them on the truth.

I was afraid of this. Another reason why I didn't like the way Pope Francis went about it on the plane. There are now a lot of people mislead. Another reason why the Vatican needs to come out with an official statement (not just a personal opinion) soon concerning Medjugorje. There are now too many critics pushing false information and are distorting the Pope's words on this. If it has affected some members of my family, I can only imagine how widespread this is with all the crazy stuff floating around on the internet...
By bluecross
There are now too many critics pushing false information and are distorting the Pope's words on this. If it has affected some members of my family, I can only imagine how widespread this is with all the crazy stuff floating around on the internet...
There is nothing unusual in this trend. It works both ways. The internet also allows for the truth to be posted –– widespread.

Some people choose to want to search for the truth –and so ask questions. Other choose not to search, and say nothing except when they want to disturb others with lies or even the truth. The truth can disturb as much as lies.

As to spreading confusion, I wouldn’t blame the Pope. That’s the devil’s job, to blame and confuse. The Pope spoke truthfully. He said he had doubts. So some people take the Pope’s words and then attempt to distort the truth.

The devil tried this tactic when he tempted Jesus in the desert. He took words from Scripture and then attempted to distort the meaning by not giving the full story and taking it out of context. But Jesus is the Truth and the truth exposes the deceiver.

As for the truth about Medjugorje, the conflict has continued ever since the start of the phenomenon. Same with the conflict against the Church. Satan does not ease up. The battle is continual. But Jesus promised his peace, and it’s there for the asking –– and the taking, if we want it.

But trying to argue the pros and cons of Medjugorje doesn’t bring peace, just more conflict. We know by now that when any good news about Medjugorje is announced then the voices of opposition start screaming in anguish, and then it all goes quiet after a while, until the next time. It will always be this way. It’s part of the journey.

As for families, Jesus warned they would be set apart over his name. So why should we be surprised when members of our family dispute the Truth. Even the family of Jesus came to take him in hand, concerned that he was losing his mind.
bluecross wrote:Other choose not to search, and say nothing except when they want to disturb others with lies or even the truth.
This is true with some but not for the family member who sent the link regarding the Church Militant. They are devout Catholics but are just ignorant to the truth. In other words, they are not internet savvy as you are BC. There are many who are more vulnerable to deception.

I agree that this has been going on since the beginning and it will continue.... I guess that's where myself and other believers come in - to speak the truth the best we can.

This actually makes me even more motivated to witness.

I also agree that Pope Francis was speaking his truth on the plane. However, what he says bears a huge responsibility being the Pope. His Frankness is refreshing but there can be consequences to your words that are not thoroughly thought out... I'm getting used to this with both our Pope and with Trump as my president.
maryannlucy wrote:about an individual that has an axe to grind about Medjugorje. He has influenced many.
Thanks for the info Maryannlucy. Like BC said, there are many who have made it their mission to discredit Medjugorje. I'll be doing everything I can and have made it my mission
to show the beautiful fruits of Medjugorje. I hope and pray my book will be a positive witness to the truth. There will be some things included that will cause some controversy but that's ok, because I will
be speaking the truth just as I believe the visionaries are speaking the truth....
Lone elk and peaks copyright Patrick D_.jpg

Medjugorjeprayers, I'd rather be following a lone elk than an animated green sheep, with views like that.
My thoughts and prayers turn rather to those involved in the arena at Manchester. God help us all.
In caritate Regis qui venturus est. JB
jacksiebreen wrote:My thoughts and prayers turn rather to those involved in the arena at Manchester. God help us all.
In caritate Regis qui venturus est. JB
Agreed. We live in a dangerous world and is why Mary's prolonged presence is so important right now. My family prayers go out to each one of the victims of this senseless killing and to those who are influenced by the devil that God will heal and protect them all.
Thanks for asking MV. Pending disaster or other unforeseen events, it should be out in June (ebook and print). It's been a rough ride so far but happy to do it.
Some here will be in it without names being mentioned in the book. I would like to send a few here a copy when finished for a review (good or bad). So many books
on this subject so I will definitely be a grain of sand in the sea information. But as Fr. Svets once told me, things regarding Medjugorje are a calling....

Mirjana's new book with Sean's help really set the bar high. What a joy that was to read. Very well done... My book is just the opposite of hers - from a pilgrim's perspective although there are a few things that overlap regardless.... Mirjana's book was for the masses, mine will obviously be more limited but I will be happy and feel fortunate to be able to witness about a place that so profoundly changed my life no matter the numbers. Now it's my turn to give back to others.

Probably more than you were asking for MV :)
Last edited by Medjugorjeprayers on Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Crystal for the kind words :) I guess buried deep into the forum topic at the very end is a good enough place as any to reveal my title.

Crosses, Sunsets & Sinners - A Brother and Sister's Medjugorje Journey

You'll be getting a copy for sure....