Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By maryannlucy
“Dear children! The Most High has permitted me to call you anew to conversion. Little children, open your hearts to the grace to which you are all called. Be witnesses of peace and love in this peaceless world. Your life here on earth is passing. Pray that through prayer you may yearn for Heaven and the things of Heaven and your hearts will see everything differently. You are not alone; I am with you and intercede before my Son Jesus for you. Thank you for having responded to my call.”
By thebpman
And here is the value of the ongoing messages we "are not alone"
By irish m
That's right thebpman we are not alone we have Our Blessed Mother with us and we have each other on this Forum
God Bless you all
All my love to all
Irish M
Ps Medjugorje for ever in my heart
By bluecross
I shall ask the Father,
and he will give you another Advocate
to be with you for ever,
the Spirit of Truth
whom the world can never receive
since it neither sees or knows him;
but you know him,
because he is with you, he is in you.

John 14 : 16-17

Pentecost is soon.
CCC... 1989: The first work of the grace of the Holy Spirit is conversion, effecting justification in accordance with Jesus' proclamation at the beginning of the Gospel: "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Moved by grace, man turns toward God and away from sin, thus accepting forgiveness and righteousness from on high. "Justification is not only the remission of sins, but also the sanctification and renewal of the interior man.

CCC... 2005: Since it belongs to the supernatural order, grace escapes our experience and cannot be known except by faith. We cannot therefore rely on our feelings or our works to conclude that we are justified and saved. However, according to the Lord's words "Thus you will know them by their fruits" - reflection on God's blessings in our life and in the lives of the saints offers us a guarantee that grace is at work in us and spurs us on to an ever greater faith and an attitude of trustful poverty.
By Medjugorjeprayers
I know I "yearn for Heaven."

Like you said BP, another powerful message with great value.

I always think of Medjugorje in May as the hills and steep trials around my area are very similar to those around Medjugorje.

On our steep evening Rosary hike out our back door the brush is blooming with
white flowers that emit the most wonderful aroma reminding me of
My May trip to Medjugorje...

Attached are a few iphone pics with the rocky trial nearly the same in distance and steepness as the path to the big cross. I just pretend I'm in Medjugorje every evening.
Attachments
iphone pic.jpg
iphone pic.jpg (226.29 KiB) Viewed 9258 times
iphone pic 2.jpg
iphone pic 2.jpg (237.63 KiB) Viewed 9258 times
By bluecross
Pray that through prayer you may yearn for Heaven and the things of Heaven and your hearts will see everything differently.
Yearning for Heaven is simply yearning for peace of heart, holiness (closeness to God), the peace that Jesus gives, not the peace of the world.

“So you should pray like this: …your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven.” (Matthew 6 :10)

“Ask and it will be given to you.” (Matthew 7 : 7)

As to the heart seeing everything differently, it is seeing and witnessing to God’s presence on earth, seeing our neighbour, even our enemy, with the eyes and heart of God, his will; for every created soul is an expression of God’s love.

YEARN for conversion of the heart... LOOK for the VALUE in God’s Word.
Holy Spirit, make my heart open to God’s Word so that my heart might be open to good, so that my heart might be open to God's beauty every day. Pope Francis

“Knock and the door will be open to you.”

It is often said that Medjugorje is like heaven on earth.

But the truth is that the heart is the place where conversion happens.
“…Live like it's heaven on earth.” (Purkey)
“I tell you solemnly, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter he kingdom of heaven. And so the one who makes himself as little as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18 : 3-4).

Jesus said: “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is parables, so that seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.” (Luke 8 : 10)

“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3 : 2)
So heaven is here on earth. The gift of life is a heavenly grace in itself.

Heaven is happening here on earth every day.

The Mercy Door, the Heart of Jesus, the door to heaven, is always open to those who choose to enter – “and your hearts will see everything different”.
By Maryh
maryannlucy wrote: Pray that through prayer you may yearn for Heaven and the things of Heaven and your hearts will see everything differently.
Heaven; the place where all things are made new, your re-united with loved ones you'll never again be departed from & for an eternity this time,
all sufferings, problems and tears we are told will be wiped away.
I love the statement that earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. So much hope.

This message in particular reminded me of how there is so much rejoicing in heaven when a sinner repents; It makes me more determined also to repent.
It also makes me realise how much it matters to help each other to get to heaven, If I get to heaven i will be in a state of perfect bliss (I imagine) and yet
there is still capacity for more rejoicing and happiness when more people are going in the heavenly direction too.
In light of this; it does make me re-think how i can sometimes view others (my enemies) & realise just how much worth and value
& how precious each and every person is to God & to Heaven.

It motivates me to bless my enemies and pray for them more. God doesn't want anyone to be lost; that's never been his plan.
A holy person once told me too how we're to honour one another-on earth as it is in heaven.
By Medjugorjeprayers
bluecross wrote:So heaven is here on earth. The gift of life is a heavenly grace in itself.

Heaven is happening here on earth every day.
You are correct BC but we can still "yearn for the ultimate goal which is eternal life in Heaven with our Creator.

"We wait in joyful anticipation for the coming of Jesus Christ..."

and as the Apostle John reminds us in 15:18-20:
If the world hates you, you must realize that it hated me before it hated you.

If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you do not belong to the world, because my choice of you has drawn you out of the world, that is why the world hates you.

Remember the words I said to you: A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you too; if they kept my word, they will keep yours as well.
It is definitely tough out there being a Christian but who said it was going to be easy. Mary sure didn't when she addressed the children of Fatima or Bernadette at Lourdes - "I do not promise to make you happy in this life, but in the next."

It's not all about being happy but it sure is nice when it comes our way through places like Medjugorje :)
By bluecross
t's not all about being happy but it sure is nice when it comes our way through places like Medjugorje :)
Or any other holiday destination... that’s why people spend money taking vacations, to make them happy!

That’s why pilgrims are sometimes referred to as ‘tourists’.

Religious ‘tourism’ is the fastest growing business in and around Medjugorje.

ONLY IN THE NAME OF MY SON will you experience true happiness and true peace in your heart. (March 18, 2000)

I WANT EACH OF YOU TO BE HAPPY, but in sin nobody can be happy. (February 25, 1987)

Let little Jesus reign in your hearts and ONLY THEN, WHEN JESUS IS YOUR FRIEND, WILL YOU BE HAPPY. (November 25, 1993)

I need you to be united with my Son, because I desire for you to be happy and to help me to bring happiness to all of my children. (May 2, 2015)

The last message quoted says it all for me. If we are not happy, what does that say about our personal relationship with God? And so in our ‘unhappiness’ how can we help Our Lady in her request?

What’s the point of going to Medjugorje, experiencing happiness and then returning home unhappy and pining for Medjugorje.

This is what troubles me about Mirjana getting so upset at the end of the apparition. She experienced ‘heaven’ but become miserable afterwards. This was the attitude of some of the disciples after Jesus was crucified. They went in on themselves, but Jesus had told them: “Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.”
By Maryh
In my parish newsletter this week:
"Jesus did not say that the whole world should go to church. Essentially he said that the Church should go to the whole world"
-Greg Laurie.
:)

At mass, our priest spoke about this; how the disciplines assessment of things would have been very bleak after all that had occurred
& yet despite the failure they were still entrusted to spread the good news wherever they went & by whatever means they had.
He also said that his disciples were a pitiful lot at times with their human failures and whatnot but they were still chosen by God for this.
He said that however bad things can look; we're to keep trying & not give up.
By Maryh
bluecross wrote:Is his name Joseph?
Well the church is called 'St. Josephs'....so next best thing! :)

But truthfully- It's not my official parish nor priest-(My official parish is also named St. Josephs' :? ) but its' nearby & i go there because i need to hear these kind of sermons to keep me on the straight and narrow.
This priest is such a blessing...he just feels like family & is so down to earth and authentic.

I just feel freer and more comfortable in some parishes more than others...i sort of drift or wander around to a few different ones at times.
Is anyone else like this?
Probably not good to have favourites like this though is it?
By Medjugorjeprayers
bluecross wrote:Or any other holiday destination... that’s why people spend money taking vacations, to make them happy!
And I think you would agree that there is nothing wrong with taking a vacation especially when it is a pilgrimage. This is called living life! These are the only kind I will go on oversees.

I get your point about needing constant stimulation in order to have joy. Joy comes in many forms and going on a pilgrimage is just one of many. However, you can still be unhappy even if you have a good relationship with our Lord but we know that He is there comforting us in our pain. He's all about love and mercy as you have stated.
Maryh wrote:He also said that his disciples were a pitiful lot at times with their human failures and whatnot but they were still chosen by God for this.
Of course this is what gives me hope, a sinner, but God still loves me even so :)
By Maryh
Medjugorjeprayers wrote:However, you can still be unhappy even if you have a good relationship with our Lord but we know that He is there comforting us in our pain.
Thanks MP for reminding us that we don't have to put pressure on ourselves to be happy all the time & that persecution is to be expected too.
Those statements like 'a sad saint is a bad saint' can be a bit discouraging sometimes if your going through a hard time.

Another thing i realise is to try to always respond to people rather than react to people who i may find challenging.
It's too easy to get warped if your in a reactionary mode when all kinds of negativity is coming your way.

I found a reading about heaven today so i though i'd share it! :wink:
When i awake in heaven, i will be fully satisfied, for i will see you face to face.
Psalm. 17:15

You use the word heaven to refer to the joyous fulfillment of the purpose of your life-union with God.
Certainly life offers you many fleeting foretastes of heaven, yet your present life is truly only preparation for the ultimate reward God has for you. All the pain, care, and imperfections of life will fall away. The restless yearning that goads and prods you will be gone at last. You and your loved ones will be permanently reunited. All your errors will be forgiven. All distance between you and love will be erased.
You will have perfect rest and happiness and complete freedom from want and anxiety.
Let heaven keep you going as you allow God's unbreakable promise to lead you through this life to the joy that is in him.

God is good, and he loves goodness; the godly shall see his face.
Psalm: 11:7

God, thank you for heaven and all that it holds for me and for those i love. Amen.
Moments of peace in the presence of God.
By Medjugorjeprayers
Maryh wrote:Medjugorjeprayers wrote:
However, you can still be unhappy even if you have a good relationship with our Lord but we know that He is there comforting us in our pain.

Thanks MP for reminding us that we don't have to put pressure on ourselves to be happy all the time & that persecution is to be expected too.
Those statements like 'a sad saint is a bad saint' can be a bit discouraging sometimes if your going through a hard time.
I have to remind myself of this frequently as I fall short too often. During these down times, I look to Mary, who while on Earth, went through suffering just like us.
When she found out she was pregnant and Joseph initially rejected her explanation, Mary must have been pretty upset, unhappy, afraid, and worried, just like we are
today when things seem to turn against us. Or when Mary had to ride on the back of a mule or donkey over 100 miles when she was expecting must have been brutal - the ultimate test of endurance.

Far worse yet, when she witnessed her beloved Son being beaten and tortured and finally crucified on a cross. Word's can't even describe her pain. Without our Lord's help she could not have endured such suffering and neither can we with our own sufferings. But as with Mary, God always has a plan if we will trust Him. This is usually the most difficult part for me - to truly believe that our lord really is there for my every need - as He is patient, understanding, compassionate, and full of love and mercy.

Mary, throughout my life, has been there for me and others to help us realize this truth. She is an expert in this area and God has used her more than once in my life especially early on, just as He is now using Mary in Medjugorje to help all of us come back to her Son at a time when humanity desperately needs to.

As Mary through her messages, and BC and others here on this forum have stated many times - Jesus is the only way...

“In this world you will have tribulation. But be of good cheer. For I have overcome the world.”( John 16:33)

As Mary recently told us in part: "...We can do this!" and as she stated in this message, "...We are not alone." With this there is great value to these messages :)
By Maryh
You and the pope are on the same page MP.
Today's & yesterday tweets:

Let us learn from the strong and helpful faith of our Mother Mary in order to become living signs of God’s mercy.

Christian joy comes from the Holy Spirit, who gives us true freedom and the gift of bringing Jesus to our brothers and sisters.

They reminded me of your post! :wink:
By bluecross
MaryH said:
You and the pope are on the same page MP.
But not, it seems, when it comes to ongoing apparitions and messages from Medjugorje.

MP says:
With this there is great value to these messages.
Pope Francis says:
This is not the Mother of Jesus. And these presumed apparitions don’t have a lot of value.
Two personal opinions – but not on the same page.

That’s why I posed the question on another thread: Follow the Pope or follow the seers?

There is a contradiction forming between the personal opinion of the Head of the Catholic Church and the claims of two or more visionaries.
By Medjugorjeprayers
Maryh wrote:You and the pope are on the same page MP.
We follow the same God :wink:
bluecross wrote:But not, it seems, when it comes to ongoing apparitions and messages from Medjugorje.

MP says:
Quote:
With this there is great value to these messages.

Pope Francis says:
Quote:
This is not the Mother of Jesus. And these presumed apparitions don’t have a lot of value.
But BC, This isn't a matter of either choosing the Pope or the seers. I love and respect the seers deeply and personally believe they are telling the truth.
However, this isn't about them - it's about Our Lady's message. And even if this isn't coming from Mary, following sound advice won't harm us. If someone is worried about what the messages contain, I would suggest they take it to their priest and ask them if they should follow it. Another example: Just because there are a few bad priests out there doesn't mean the parishioners shouldn't listen to the truth that the priest speaks.

Therefore, the quote, "We are not alone" has great value to me.

I would like to challenge anyone here to find a message that is contrary to Holy Scripture or Catholic teaching.

That said, It is good BC that you are thoroughly vetting these apparitions. We need to hear both sides.
By bluecross
I'm not vetting apparitions, MP.

I have attended apparitions to three of the visionaries, though it wouldn't bother me if I was never present at one again.

It is Pope Francis who has questioned the validity of the ongoing apparitions, and I'm asking what reason does he have for doing so and to make his personal opinion so very public.

Christians profess belief in God, but are they all on the same page in their belief and understanding?

Our Lady brings no new message for the Church. WHen she says we are not alone she simply repeats the words of Jesus. The value is in the word of God.

We don't have to wait for a month to treasure the word of God. We can choose to read and listen to the word of God daily without the need of any apparition or messages transmitted by the seers.

Perhaps this may be the 'message' that Pope Francis trying to get across.
By Medjugorjeprayers
bluecross wrote:The value is in the word of God.
Exactly my point. As long as the messages are consistent with the Word, they have value too. Again, it's not either or, we can have both.
bluecross wrote:We don't have to wait for a month to treasure the word of God. We can choose to read and listen to the word of God daily without the need of any apparition or messages transmitted by the seers.
( I understand you are just thinking out loud with this thought trying to understand what the Pope is thinking so please don't take the following personal) This is also true but you have to be careful with only that kind of thinking. Why then do we even need Mary or Fatima for that matter if everything is already in the Scriptures for us to read. As you know, our Church is rich in oral tradition which continues today. Speaking for myself, I can use all the help I can get. Reminders from many sources are helpful and this includes the messages from Medjugorje.

I apologize for using the word "vetting". Let's just say you make me think deeper about Medjugorje and our Pope's comments which has been helpful for me.
By Medjugorjeprayers
I see your point BC but the Holy Scripture I follow is not from the devil but from God. Like you said, "the value is in the Word of God." Anyone can quote Scripture but it is how we apply it to our own lives that matters. And we have plenty of resources on earth (The Church, the Bible, Readings from the saints, etc...) for direction and the Holy Spirit is always there to guide us :)
By bluecross
Now you are beginning to acknowledge the source and the point the Pope is making about the Holy Spirit working in the lives of God’s people, prompting reconciliation with God, the Church and each other, and the role of Our Lady as Mother of the Church. :D

The Pope says: the current apparitions are not the Mother of Jesus. So what spirit is inspiring the claims and the messages, that say: I am the Mother of Jesus... I am the Mother of the Church.

The Holy Spirit cannot contradict itself. The Pope was clear in his words to the journalists on the plane: “This is not the Mother of Jesus.” So which spirit prompted Pope Francis to utter these words? And here we have to be very careful and not accuse any one of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit as the Pharisees did when Jesus cast out devils.

Pope Francis has not denied the workings and power of the Holy Spirit present at Medjugorje. He points to the good fruits and seeks to protect the place with Pontifical recognition. But he has also made very clear his negative opinion about the ongoing claims of apparitions and therefore the messages.

Is he making a deliberate division, warning, in fact, not to eat from a tree of knowledge (curiosity) but from the tree that provides the good fruit and which God intended us to eat from, to support us through life and which provide us with sustaining Sacraments?

The tree of curiosity is very tempting, looks good to eat, even tastes good. But is it the tree God intended to sustain mankind? It promises and offers knowledge and answers about untold secrets and the future of the world, even ourselves. It is clothed with signs and wonders, it shines a light. It mimics a guiding light, a star of the sea, but is it instead a Siren who lures? It waits on rocks, but seemingly not the rock on which Jesus builds his Church.