Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

I'm happy to unveil my book on this forum. You have all been instrumental in my walk of faith especially regarding Medjugorje :) Hopefully I can offer you all a little of my Love by introducing you to Crosses, Sunsets & Sinners which is finally out after many long hours of hard work with a fair amount of suffering thrown in. I feel this is especially fitting since several of you here are in this book without your names being mentioned of course :wink:

I can honestly say that I have worked as hard as I could on this book leaving nothing behind. I hope and pray that I will not let you or especially God and Mary down as I have been plagued with problems of all sorts with this project.

Regardless, the opportunity to witness the truth of Medjugorje in my life to others is a privilege, and one that I want to share with all of you! This has been my calling….

This is for those well known here and especially those who rarely if ever comment on this forum. I feel like we have become family so naturally I’d like to share this with you.
I often ask myself, It has been nearly thirty years since mine and my sister's pilgrimage to Medjugorje so why now?. Maybe it’s because Medjugorje appears to be under fire right now?
Being less than a grain of sand in the sea of humanity, how can I make a difference?

The answer is clear – I can’t without the help of all the other millions of Christians working together as the body of Christ.

I am not very good with social media as I spend most of my free time up at 13k photographing God’s beautiful creation but maybe it will force me to come out of my shell. If someone here recognizes anyone in the photos posted on my website I would love to know how they are doing!

If anyone needs help with the cost I will be happy to provide a generous discount. Just send a message at the contact page of the website.

There is a lower cost ebook format (available in most countries) as well as a print copy now available at Amazon North America and Amazon Europe including a Barnes and Noble – ebook version with the print version coming soon to all the other retailers.

My website is full of pictures of our journey at the gallery tab which is public and there is also password protected tabs that include special pictures and audio recordings that are private only to those who have the book or ebook to help prevent spoiling the content.

Hope you enjoy!

Patrick
https://www.medjugorjejourney.com/
Attachments
crosses sunsets and sinners book cover low res mf.jpg
crosses sunsets and sinners book cover low res mf.jpg (176.35 KiB) Viewed 5779 times
bear in yard.jpg
While I was writing my message to this forum, a small black bear went running by my window so naturally I went after him and at least got a fuzzy shot of this cute creature!
bear in yard.jpg (165.79 KiB) Viewed 5779 times
Thanks GTC! I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. More important then my success is the success of spreading the good news that Our Lady has given us through her messages. :)

I have failed in this endeavor if the reader doesn't come away feeling MEDJUGORJE STRONG! This is now my new motto :) The only way to become Medjugorje Strong is to live the messages which includes daily Mass, monthly confession, fasting, daily holy Scripture readings, daily Rosary, personal prayer with our Lord, and just as important, living out these messages in our daily lives.

Writing this book has brought me closer to the messages. I am still not at the level I achieved back in the early days but I'm slowly getting there and it feels great!!
The more I commit to them the closer I come to Jesus. It's that simple. There is nothing too complicated about it. We just have to do it! :wink:

Mary knew what was coming and most would agree that hard times are already here. Through Our Lady, God provided us with the antidote. Are we listening?

irish m wrote:Ps we are a team
Irish M, You hit the nail on the head! We are all in this together...
Thanks for your kind words :)
Maryh wrote:It must be so exciting and satisfying to complete
MaryH, To answer your question, it is bitter sweet. Part of me is sad, with another part feeling a little lost right now mixed in with bouts of joy.
To work on something like this for so long and to finally have it end has been difficult. In reality, it has just begun. The big question now is – What i'm I going to do going forward? Now the hard part really begins...

Your kind words and those from others here have really helped me get over this hump :)
Maryh wrote:Will be getting a copy too out of curiosity as have never been to Medjugorje yet.
You may not have physically gone yet (notice I said yet) but your spirit certainly has. You have dedicated many hours of your time encouraging others here and I know for certain that Our Lady is well pleased with you and your efforts :)

We are going to need each other even more in the near future - I know I really value the support received here...

Medjugorjeprayers wrote:ou may not have physically gone yet (notice I said yet) but your spirit certainly has. You have dedicated many hours of your time encouraging others here and I know for certain that Our Lady is well pleased with you and your efforts
:) Thanks so much MP, I suppose i do want to be there in spirit...& i would love to think i was working
towards the cause- gathering and not scattering anyway.
Medjugorjeprayers wrote:To work on something like this for so long and to finally have it end has been difficult. In reality, it has just begun. The big question now is – What i'm I going to do going forward? Now the hard part really begins...
I can understand that type of lull once work has completed and you feel sort of at a loss or loose end.
This used to happen to me once i'd finished studying towards exams....i couldn't believe that i somehow missed studying when
all i wanted at the time was for it to be over. Bizarre in a way.

All the best going forward. I hope its has its enjoyable moments too.
What a lovely book! The stories are lively and moving, and the underlying spiritual journey is also moving, honest and full of conviction. Medjugorje Strong, indeed, MP! Nice job and best wishes for a project that had its seeds even before Medjugorje, and grew not only with that experience but in the years that followed. I'm also enjoying the accompanying webpage. What a labor of love!!
Crystal, Thank you for your kind words. So happy you were able to get something positive out of my book :)

Maryh, Again, your insight is thought provoking. You challenge my spiritual walk in a good way.

Not only did my Medjugorje experience begin before I even heard about this place but it continues, especially here on this forum. I’ve had a lot of help here. A few specific examples – BC being honest enough to tell me the truth about my dream picture I shared with all of you. His comments completely changed the dynamics of the picture making it more inclusive to everyone.

My (our) atheist friend on this forum recently pointed out a number of typos in my book. He provided me with a detailed list which I was very grateful to learn about. The book had just been released and was doing pretty well on Amazon so it was hard to take it off the market to fix the errors but the last thing I wanted was to portray this book as unprofessional especially since so many Christian films already have this reputation. I want to represent Mary and our Lord the best I can and my atheist friend helped make this more possible. He also provided valuable comments referring to the rest of my book that was really helpful. Thankfully, the book is now available again.

Another member here really helped me at a low point and they continue to be a real help moving forward. Of course others here continue to do the same. Another invited me to share a story on their blog with another inviting me to post a prayer for their country which was a real honor.

Some may wonder why I am so optimistic here when at times it seems we are sparring pretty harshly against each other, myself included. At first this was somewhat depressing but then as I got to know the different personalities and I realized that we are all Mary’s workers and our sparring is just a way to help sharpen our swords or put another way, our apologetic skills. I feel we are all being prepared for the now and what's to come.

I wholeheartedly believe that everyone here is right where Mary wants us. That said, I can’t use this as an excuse to not be considerate towards those here and must remember that I proclaim to be a Christian and therefore need to act the best I can accordingly.

I want to share with all of you something that happened directly after my book went live. I decided to take Mrs. Prayers up to the high country around 13k to witness the wildflowers now at their peak. I was late getting up there but what happened added to the list of spectacular events that have occurred in my life. I get to witness a lot of sunsets with my photography business but this one was off the charts. Again. the picture doesn't do it justice.

During this incredible sunset, the red clouds were up close and personal - it literally felt as if we were being enveloped by it’s beauty as if God himself was wrapping His loving creation around us. I also heard faint sounds like moaning coming from the sky as if creation itself was crying out. Maybe I'm being a little presumptuous or melodramatic but I took it as a sign that Mary and God were pleased with what I'm doing - at least I certainly hope so. Believe me, I've had my doubts so I really needed this. God always speaks best to me through his creation. :)

Attachments
Beautiful Alpine Summer Eve Sunset san juan mountains colorado email mf.jpg
Beautiful Alpine Summer Eve Sunset san juan mountains colorado email mf.jpg (228.24 KiB) Viewed 5571 times
MP,

I'm going to break my normal rule of not posting outside of "my thread" to say that I thought your book a charming personal account of your time in Medjugorje and thoroughly enjoyed it (well... the story part at least!). I'm always impressed with anyone capable of marshalling their thoughts into any sort of coherent order and have no hesitation recommending "Crosses, Sunsets & Sinners" to anyone interested in Medjugorje - especially if they are considering any off-piste walking in the area.

Pete
Pete! I didn't even see your post until this morning but was pleasantly surprised! Welcome to the other side! And it appears you have survived and are doing well. Could this be a sign of more good things to come? :wink:

For someone who claims to be an atheist, your labors of love for others, Our Lady and Jesus have set an example for Christians to follow. Have you ever wondered where your big heart comes from? Regardless, Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement, it means a lot coming from you, a straight shooter!