Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By maryannlucy
God bless you too, Irish m! Cathy Nolan of the website Marytv has provided a transcript of what Cardinal Simoni said at the Medjugorje Youth Festival
http://marytv.tv/?p=2290

J.M.J.

August 4, 2017
St. John Vianney

Dear Family of Mary!

On this feast of the Patron of Priests, St. John Vianney, I am so happy to share excerpts from the testimony of Cardinal Ernest Simoni-Troshani, given at the Medjugorje Youth Festival on August 3, 2017! The Cardinal shares from his heart about his life and how important Jesus and Mary have been to him. He also shares his impression of Medjugorje! (This is a transcription of the Cardinal being translated from Albanian to Croatian to English!)

In his homily, given at Holy Mass, August 3, 2017 in Medjugorje the Cardinal said:

Again God has directed me by his glory and the benefit of people. God has so honored me and rewarded me that I am able to be here with you. Often times I am invited to proclaim the good news. I am very happy and I feel that heaven is open above this place and the angels descend upon this place, that they rejoice with us at this great meeting, because you are all at this meeting with the Lord!

It is a joy for us to participate in the presence of the living Lord Jesus Christ. At the beginning I asked the Pope. As the Church teaches us always, we must be in union with the head of this Church. I greatly desired that I would be here as a priest. To celebrate Holy Mass here in Medjugorje. His Holiness, Pope Francesco, I would say another St. Francis, a great heart, a man of the Church. I said to him, “Holiness, here people come who want to meet Jesus, to encounter Him. I would like to hear your word. The Word of Christ from your lips. Until yesterday, I was an ordinary priest from Albania. But today in this position that you have given to me, Holiness, may I witness before the people of Medjugorje? I ask you, as the Vicar of Christ on earth.” His word, with great joy He said to me, “Go to Medjugorje. Spread the Good News!”

In his teaching and testimony in the morning session on August 3, 2017 the Cardinal said:

I am so excited to be here (Medjugorje). I have the impression that angels are descending to be with us in this beautiful atmosphere. In this beautiful place. In invite you that even though it is summer, that we all experience Jesus Christ in this heat.

In 1945 what started was a difficult year, a Calvary for everything that was Christian in Albania. It was evil and the force of darkness, Satan. It came to make the Albanian country full of blood, to make martyrs of the Albanian people. But the situation was more and more complicated when Stalin took control with his hands. He wanted our Albanian government to say that he would open the Church in the world. He gathered all the priests together. We did not know why they invited us. But we found out. They wanted to detach us from Rome, from the Vatican. So we would not be a Catholic Church. But the Catholic clergy never wanted that. As they were able to see that we persevered, they told us, do what you want with the Vatican. You are free. But it was a false freedom. The world was told we had freedom but this was false news. But still the ideology became stronger and stronger and more crazy.

You see what was happening was such a difficulty. It was a prison without wall, and we the people young and old, they were pushing.

In 1956 I became a priest. I started my own mission. I didn’t know that I was always followed. They had spies watching me and wrote every word I said. They would use that information one day against me. But you see even though we could feel in our spirit that difficulties were coming, we left two things to the people of God, pray the Rosary and adore the Blessed Sacrament. And that is how they would survive.

The government knew this. That is how the persecution began. 1963, midnight. They came and tied me up, and brought me to an unknown area. I received the decree that I was condemned to death because I was telling the people they would all die for Jesus Christ. They also had a secret camera the recorded what I was saying and doing. That is how I ended up in a small room, two meters by two meters.

One of my good friends had been a secret agent. He was a spy. I thought he was a good man, but he was a spy. And he started to attack the system. I could see what was going to happen. So I changed my tactic. I said Jesus teaches us to love our enemies. To love everyone. Jesus doesn’t want us to have enemies.

And there was one other accusation. Two weeks before the American president, John Kennedy, died. And we, all the priests of the world were asked to say three Holy Masses for the late American President, John Kennedy. I did this, because the Holy Father asked. So I became the enemy of the system. And of course, the image of the late president, and his wife, Jacqueline, disturbed the communist country. I was to be hung by the neck. They would use these points to accuse me.

Still there was another accusation. That people would be happy that I was hung, because I conducted an exorcism. That souls would be saved. But the president when he heard that, said I should not be hanged. Of course I remained in prison. I remained in solitude in that cell, but I was not killed. Today I am proud I was in a prison. Because I was able to bring the joyful news of Jesus Christ. It was good that I was in prison.

So my business card, my dear young people, is that I was able to speak about God in the prison, in the catacombs. So now you can see how they call me the cardinal, the little creature of God.

After 10 years, they took me back to court. Again they wanted to judge me. This time they brought a group of young Catholics who lied about me so that the court would bring the death penalty against me. So you can see dear brothers and sisters, that when man can no longer act, God intervenes. They could not bring me the death penalty. So I remained again in solitude, in prison. I would say Holy Mass, and here confessions. I was a prisoner among the prisoners.

Then after 28 years in prison, in the catacombs, I was freed. But I had to clean the toilets and do the worst work. But the hand of God led me, even though I had heard I would be working. I still could be a priest, and when I wasn’t working, I could say Holy Mass. In 1990 I went for another interview. And they said, we invited you to tell you that the Church is going to be open soon.

Again, Vatican is going to come to Albania. The Church is going to have freedom and God will return to the people. And I was happy. May it be so. But I have the Holy Father in Rome. I will continue to do what I did, as a priest. Then together with the people I experienced freedom!

That was when we truly experienced, all the people of God, Catholics, Muslims, Orthodox, we all experienced freedom. After that time, I had the experience in all the places I visited, I would give a joyful speech about Jesus, who in the prison I was able to confess. Again, we were able to have all that joy again. Then Mother Teresa came to Albania. And together we were going to visit the Holy Father. That is when things began to be renewed, Mother Teresa and the Holy Father. People began to invest in our lives and that is how we began to live.

I did not expect to be a cardinal in my life. I was invited to come to Assisi, to a peace conference. I didn’t know why I was invited. Imagine me, little priest, unknown priest from Albania, when I looked around me and saw people – presidents and leaders from all over the world. Why was I there? I didn’t understand. And more interesting for me, the Holy Father invited me to lunch! I didn’t know, Holy Father didn’t tell me. Holy Father came to Albania in 2014, and I spoke before him, and that is why he invited me. So I didn’t know anything. Not Holy Father nor anyone there in Rome told me I would be a cardinal. But on the screen I saw my name, Cardinal Ernest.

So today I am saying this. This is God’s gift. This is a reward of the Mother of God, and anyone who says three Rosaries a day will experience a miracle that he would never be able to experience. If you pray the Rosary you will experience a greater miracle than I did! And I am trying to tell you, that the Mother of God, the Queen of Peace, she is going to bring you in your life, and give you in your life, the light. You will have peace too.

So I want to witness what I in my years, 89 years old, learned. Whatever we pray and give to Our Lady, to the Mother, she will give it to Jesus and He will answer it for you. That is what I want to tell you today. For two thousand years Christ’s mother, Our Lady, is supporting what Christ wants, what Jesus wants. And that is how she will continue in the world. The Cardinal brought a book, a book each of you should see. It has all the apparitions of the world. Everywhere that Our Lady is there is the salvation of the world. Here is the book. Please read about the apparitions. The one who will pray to God for the salvation of the world. All the apparitions of Our Lady up to 2000.

What is the most beautiful thing that happened to me in my life of 89 years? My life is connected with the providence of God. I say this humbly. When I became a priest, when I had Jesus Christ in my hands. Further when the Holy Father appointed me as a Cardinal, and he rewarded me for all I did for God.

We have the impression that we have heard a saint speak!! And his advice is to pray the Rosary and give everything to Our Lady! He is truly Our Lady’s Cardinal!

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
Mary TV 2017
By maryannlucy
the website Spiritdaily.org has an article saying that Medjugorje may be approved this year. The spiritdaily report is based on an article in a Polish website https://www.deon.pl/religia/kosciol-i-s ... gorie.html The reporter interviewed Archbishop Hoser and asked his opinion about the Medjugorje phenomenon. I copied and pasted a google translation of the interview:

Abp Hoser, as a special envoy of Pope Francis to Medjugor, reveals the backstage of his work.

"In Medjugorje, everything is moving in the right direction," says Archbishop Henryk Hoser, who examines the pastoral situation of this extraordinary place where 2.5 million pilgrims arrive each year as a delegate of the Holy See.

Abp Hoser positively evaluates pastoral work and its fruits. And when asked about the possibility of recognizing the apparitions, he replies: "Everything indicates that the apparitions will be recognized, perhaps even this year.

Alina Petrowa-Wasilewicz, Marcin Przeciszewski, KAI: "Gaining a profound knowledge of the situation in Medjugorje" was the mission of the Archbishop, commissioned by the Holy See. In the village where the alleged apparitions of the Virgin Mary have been preserved since 1981, the Archbishop visited the church at the turn of March and April, and is currently preparing a report for the Holy See. What are the conclusions?

Abp Henryk Hoser: I think that in-depth knowledge of the events in Medjugorje is not possible, because we penetrate the mystery of God and the mystery of man. And these are the secrets that can not be seen. To do this, you can approach phenomena and assess the situation as widely and deeply as possible, but it will never be exhaustive. There are spiritual things, very often surprising and profound, but only the Lord knows what is in the heart of man.

In total, in Bosnia and Herzegovina I stayed two weeks, because outside Medjugorje I visited Sarajevo and the Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop. Luigi Pezzuto and I met with all the bishops of this country. And back, I met Cardinal. Christophem Schoenborn in Vienna.

What struck the Archbishop most during his stay in Medjugorje?

Knowing several other sites of the apparitions of Our Lady in the world and pilgrim sites such as Fatima, Lourdes, Lisieux and Czestochowa, I see the strong character of Medjugorje. It is expressed, among others. In the huge growth dynamics of this place and at the same time the extraordinary creativity of the works that are there. This is not in other places.

How can describe the atmosphere of Medjugorje, spirituality?

With a few simple words: prayer, silence, focus, Eucharist, adoration, fasting, sacrament of reconciliation. These are the strengths of this place. The people they talk to see the extraordinary atmosphere of concentration. And silence.

All forms require silence. Adoration services are very well developed. Of course, there is a Marian cult, but it is essentially Christlike. All the classical services are present: the Way of the Cross, the Rosary - walking from Podbrdo, where the revelations have taken place to Kriżevac.

All this topography is the natural backdrop of this place. There are touching moments when people, even very athletes, are kneeling on the knees on the hill of apparitions. The stones are a little polished.

The specifics of the place is also eliminating tourist elements. Franciscans are very sensitized at this point. It is a purely pilgrimage place, no one comes to satisfy the curiosity.

There is a commercial aspect, but at a fairly high level, like a bookstore with very beautiful devotional items made on site. But focus and adoration dominate. The palette of proposals for pilgrims is very rich, with two daily pilgrimages. All remain faithful pastoral care.

When looking at arriving people, the pilgrims make an impression?

Everyone is very happy. When I met them, they were happy, they were very open. And there are representatives of all generations, there is no domination of specific age groups. Young people help older people, for example young Cenacolo members bring on the specific "sediach gestatoria" disabled on the Podbrdo. It is not high, but you have to walk on the rocks. Is there a Kriżevać, which has a high altitude. It's hard work.

What pilgrims do pilgrims receive, what sacramental and spiritual ministry can they count on? What formation do they receive?

As in other pilgrimage centers, there is prayer, liturgy and the visitation of places where, according to the message, revelations were made. On every Friday is the Way of the Cross to the mountain Kriżevac.

And the liturgy in the church in Medjugorje is arranged in a weekly cycle. Everyday there is morning Mass, in the afternoon the Rosary is recited. The evening block starts a conference or a joint prayer. On the 18th is the main Mass, followed by a prayer of thanksgiving for healing. The adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is celebrated. On Friday the cross is adored. In this way Mass. And Christ is always at the center of the events.

There are also mass events, such as the youth festival. It takes place in July and takes part in it 50-70 thousand. Young people from all over the world. And since they do not fit in the church, a huge, flat amphitheater with a half-altar under the roof was built behind the church. There are several thousand seats on folding chairs. Infrastructure is thus assured, though insufficient, and the Franciscans are not allowed to expand what it is.

But in addition to this, in Medjugorje, a very strong accent is placed on Christian formation - through various forms of catechesis, retreats or seminars. Twenty-two times a year, there are seminars that collect hundreds of people from dozens of countries. Franciscans organize them.

They are held in the Domus Pacis retreat center built by them, and if the groups are larger, there is a building called the Aula of John Paul II. It houses several hundred people, consists of several modules, so that depending on the needs may be longer or shorter.

Translation is excellent. There is a special room, at the Medjugorje Radio house there are 18 cabins for translation into different languages. One of them is Polish. Every translator has a screen in front of him that broadcasts celebrations from the church or other places in Medjugorje. Cameras are installed everywhere. Each translated language is broadcast on different frequencies, which pilgrims can receive on their own cells.

Ordinary pilgrim who arrives there, can attend seminars?

Yes. This is a standard feature of the program. Seminars are aimed at deepening the faith of pilgrims. There are also seminars for group guides that come to Medjugorje. The point is to let those who guide others grow spiritually so that pilgrims receive proper formation.

Specialized seminars are also organized, eg for priests. Priests from all over the world come in early July for a week's stay. Its program consists of, among others. Visiting places of pilgrimage, participation in liturgy, thematic conferences. There are also seminars for married couples and families and for medical professionals.

For two to three years, seminars are held for people interested in the pro life. Separate seminars are designed for wounded people, those who have survived a dramatic situation or have done something wrong and need to be healed.

What is the geography of the pilgrimage to Medjugorje?

The largest groups come from Italy and Poland. At present the number of pilgrims from these countries is comparable. And the arrivals come from eighty countries: North and South America, Australia and New Zealand, the Philippines. They come from all over the world. There are many pilgrims from South Korea.

It must be remembered that Medjugorje has its world network. It has many centers, so called. Peace Centers in Spain, Germany, South America. In Poland such a center is located in Piotrków Trybunalski. He publishes a bulletin in Polish, all websites run websites. They are also present in social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

The Custosian sanctuary is Franciscan ...

Medjugorje is not a sanctuary, such status has not been granted to him yet. It is a parish, for centuries entrusted to the care of the Franciscans. There are twelve fathers, not a big band, but they work very well. I admire their commitment. There is a very good atmosphere in the religious community.

In addition to the Franciscan pilgrims, the resident priests of Italy, the Pole of the Diocese of Warmia and the Dominican of English are living there. All in all a small team. In addition, they are served by priests who come there.

It is worth noting that the Franciscans focus on spiritual ministry and do not provide, for example, accommodation for pilgrims. Apart from Domus Pacis they do not run the hotels, because the local hotels themselves build these. The same is true in Licheau or Lourdes, which is the second hotel city in France, after Paris. Coaches are in all the streets, there are also restaurants, shops with devotional.

The Archbishop, what is the biggest phenomenon in Medjugorje, besides of course the supposed revelations?

The phenomenon of Medjugorje is confession. On the sides of the church. St. Jacob's are two long, specially built pavilions, in which there are fifty confessional. They are covered, so do not mind the heat or rain. People are standing in long queues and have the opportunity to hold confession in several languages.

I talked with confessors working on site. They said that it was enough to listen to confession for an hour to witness real conversions. There is a great deal of deep confession, which is the general confession. Often, somebody confesses after several dozen years, because his grace so touched so strongly. Just one hour.

Who is confessing

Mostly Franciscans, but they also benefit from the ministry of priests who come with pilgrim groups. These priests must register in the pilgrimage office, show a valid celebret, and only then will they receive the identifier, which authorizes them to perform liturgical activities, also to hear confession.

Another characteristic of Medjugorje are many works of mercy.

In addition to the formation dimension, the next major development in Medjugorje is charity. Over the years, a great charismatic, Franciscan father, Slavko Barbaric, worked here. It was the volcano of energy that made all the initiatives that exist today.

After a dozen or so years of activity, he died suddenly in Križevac in 2000. He created, among others. Mary's Village, composed of a whole colony of houses. There are biological or social orphans living in these homes, unfit children, with problems. Their children also come from the village and the surrounding area.

Permanent residents live in "nests" with two adult carers - volunteers. Among them are, among others. Sisters Franciscan. These "nests" are furnished like normal dwellings, and the groups are small, about eight people. This provides a family atmosphere.

Children have medical care, dental care, because the village has medical or psychological surgery.

The second such place is the House of the Merciful Father, referring in its name to the parable of the Prodigal Son. Men live there after the transitions - drug addicts, former prisoners, alcoholics, addicts. They live according to the Benedictine principle "Ora et labora" - they learn to pray and work. There are various atelier sites where devotional works. I watched a tattooed man who made holes in rosary beads with a small whistle.

The House of the Merciful Father also has a farm and gardens where these men work, which is important for their therapy. There are pigs on the farm because the "nurses" are to remember the fate of the prodigal son who landed among the pigs when he left the Father. In fact, it became a direct motive for conversion. The Franciscan Center is run by rehabilitated men. They have such a "nose" that no cheater or drug addict will get them.

There is also the Mother House of Kryspina for single mothers with children and pregnant women. Residents may stay there until they become independent.

These charities are the fruit of faith in this place. In other great pilgrimage centers such works are not on a similar scale. There are several in Lourdes - but for the sick for short stays. However, there are no centers where residents will stay permanently or for a long time.

In Medjugorje also spiritual communities are born.

Like mushrooms after rain. Many come from outside and implant there, for example the Italian Cenacolo, who takes care of the young people after the transitions. A strange phenomenon, because tattooed skeanheads behave like ministers. During the liturgy they dance, sing, are very engaged, do not get bored.

There is the French Community of the Beatitudes. It has international composition: Italian, French, Austrian, with twelve people. They have a beautiful house, two chapels. They work internationally, one of the sisters writing books, published all over the world.

In total there are about thirty groups and communities there. I was not able to reach everyone. Among them are quite new, which in Medjugorje began to hatch. One of them has an ecumenical attitude, oriented to the East, to Ukraine. It is headed by a Ukrainian Catholic, a Roman rite. They seek and discern their way. I had discussions with all the superiors of the communities I visited.

And how does he show in Medjugorje the matter of healing?

There is daily prayer for healing. It is not unusual, we pray in every parish. In Medjugorje healing takes place. And their documentation is stored in a professionally maintained local archive. Medical documentation of each case is collected there. Just like in Lourdes or other sanctuaries of a longer tradition.

If you mention the words of the Lord Jesus: "After the fruits and you will know," the conclusion on the phenomenon of Medjugorje can be only one?

There is a very spiritual atmosphere. And new initiatives, such as the annual March of Peace, have begun, which began during the Balkan war in the nineties. They are eleven kilometers from Humak, where there is also a Franciscan monastery, to Medjugorje.

They pray for peace and want to pass this prayer to the whole world. Our Lady revealed herself as the Queen of Peace. And this march began at the time of the war. At that time, Barbaric took care of war orphans.

The Archbishop stresses the strong Christocentrism around which the pastoral ministry in Medjugorje is concentrated . He says there are no problems with orthodoxy, but there are tensions and difficult relations between the Franciscans and the local bishop.

- Yes, there are some problems of canonical-administrative nature, but - in my opinion - they are to solve. On the other hand, I did not research the content of the apparitions, because it is not my role.

But I could see that there are basically no doctrinal errors in their content. It is true that people often say that they are strangely expressive. But they are people who do not have theological formation, so they express themselves as they feel and can.

Looking at the Marian apparitions in other parts of the world, we find that just as none of the visionaries had a theological education, Bernadette of Lourdes could not even write, the children of Fatima - Hyacinth, Lucija, and Francis.

Lucy received only a solid formation from the Order later. She could publish, and like those of Medjugorje, she has had lifelong revelations. Medjugorje viewers have still had revelations to date, and it has been calculated that there have been 40,000 so far. In my opinion this is not an important obstacle.

And when I talked to the seers, it struck me that they were very balanced people. I saw four of them. These are the ladies, who during the first apparitions in 1981 were teenagers and today have grandchildren. They all started a family.

In any case, the story of the family in these apparitions is very strong. Some people complain that they have not become priests or nuns, such as Lucia Santos. But the world has changed since then and the law is not the only way to achieve a Christian vocation. These people live in the world and have gone the way of the sacrament of marriage. Very good, because they can show the beauty of family life, which in today's world is very threatened.

Medjugorje is on the one hand - as the archbishop emphasizes - a place very spiritual, with a good atmosphere of concentration and adoration where doctrinal errors or other deviations can not be identified. On the other hand, we have very difficult relations with the bishop of the place, Ratko Peric. Is not that paradox?

The position of Bishop Peric, which is negative, is known. Since the onset of the apparitions we have already another Ordinary. The first, whose ministry began to revelations, Bishop Pavel Žanić, who died in 2003, believed that this was a scam. The present is a continuation of this attitude. He claims that these revelations are not supernatural.

Meanwhile, in the apparitions of Medjugorje, Our Lady does not propose anything other than what the Church appeals to in the Great Passion. And this is fasting, prayer and alms. Medjugorje practices fasting on Wednesday and Friday (bread and water), constant prayer is being held, and as far as alms, numerous social works have arisen here.

There is also a weekly "bread and water" retreat. Their participants get bread and water three times a day. Bread eat very slowly, the meal lasts about an hour. They keep the bread in their mouths long enough to remember its taste.

And how does Bishop Peric refer to pastoral fruit, do they not persuade him?

This is analogous to some other Marian apparitions, such as those from Ile-Bouchard, France in 1947. They were not recognized, but were also worshiped. The Marian cult does not have to exist in conjunction with the apparitions.

And even more so, this cult is understood in Medjugorje, where Our Lady presents herself as the Queen of Peace. It's nothing new or disturbing. This is one of the calls from the Loretto Loretto. There are lots of parishes around the world under this call. A famous Polish artist, Mariusz Drapikowski, performs altars for the sanctuaries of Our Lady of Peace in Bethlehem, Kazakhstan, Jamusukro, Kibeho.

And if we look at the sanctuary in Kibeho, the analogy with Medjugorje is clear. At first, the local Bishop JB Gahamanyi allowed him to worship there, and later he continued to study the truth of the apparitions. I am convinced that any bans on worship or arrivals to Medjugorje will not be justified.

Therefore, at the Sunday Mass in Medjugorje, which I celebrated for the faithful, I said that this cult must be developed. There are no doctrinal or canonical obstacles to worship the Mother of God anywhere in the world.

And is it possible to recognize the truthfulness of these apparitions by the Apostolic See if the bishop of the place considers them untrue?

It is possible. I heard that the Vatican committee, which worked under cardinal command. Camilo Ruini has ruled that the first seven apparitions are true, though not officially published. Later on, she did not speak out, because she came up with the assumption that you need to see what their effects will be.

There have been allegations that the revelations in Medjugorje are too numerous to say that Our Lady is too talkative?

You can call Saint. Faustina, who spoke to Jesus every day for many years. This should not be a major obstacle. Of course, you need to be sensitive to every aspect, also the possibility of mental disorders and be careful about the attitude of "haunting". However, the spectators were thoroughly examined by a team of eminent specialists, psychiatrists and psychologists. No pathology was found. It was healthy young people from healthy families.

To this day, they all live in marriages and they do not fall apart. None of the seers has passed through the crisis of faith. Jakov Czolo, the youngest of them, who was at the age of ten, is very much developing the spirituality of Medjugorje. He runs the "Hands of Mary", a type of (use discernment when discussing this group) parish, because the Mother of God told him that we should be "Her hands" to the poor and needy.

Or is the cause of the bishop's past historic, since the whole of the Balkans was once Franciscan, which generated conflicts with the hierarchy?

It was a difficult phase when the Franciscans had to give their dioceses parishes. And people disagreed, because the Franciscans have been there for centuries and have survived the most difficult times in Turkey. There are five parishes in Bosnia, for which the diocese is in dispute with the Franciscans. But today the prevailing attitude of dialogue and conversations between bishops and Franciscans are under way.

What conclusions does the Archbishop have in his report to the Holy See, or will it break the secret?

I can only say that the conclusions are positive. In fact, the Holy Father already on the plane, returning from Fatima, spoke about Medjugorje, and now sent card. Simoni from Albania and asked him to preach a good word there.

I think everything is going in the right direction. My mission was not to close Medjugorje, but to evaluate whether the pastoral ministry was proper, consistent with the doctrine and teaching of the Church, effective and well organized. I conclude that this is the case. On the pastoral side my assessment is very positive. Thus, the ongoing pastoral activities, liturgical order and conferences should continue.

And does the Archbishop propose some improvements, reforms?

There is much to do in the sphere of infrastructure, legal and administrative. There must be, for example, a common spatial plan, because everything that is there is built a bit chaotically. For security, the whole area should be fenced, because it is the gateway, but there is no fence at the back of the fence, though there is a uniformed ward that eliminates those who come for other purposes than the pious.

And after the report of the Archbishop, is it possible to change the position regarding the organization of pilgrimages by the Church, which is currently prohibited?

You can go on pilgrimage. On the other hand, it was not possible to organize official pilgrimage with the participation of bishops, etc. But it is not up to date. After all, there were four cardinals, many bishops and thousands of priests who accompanied the faithful. The situation today is that pilgrimages should not organize official church structures, dioceses or parishes. However, groups of the faithful may come with the priest.

Anyway, this movement will not stop and should not be stopped, because good fruit grows out of it. It is one of the most living places of prayer and conversion in Europe - with a healthy spirituality.

Can the Archbishop's report contribute to the recognition of the apparitions?

Not directly because it is something else. All indications are that the revelations will be recognized, perhaps even this year. Let us not forget that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has provided the entire documentation of the apparitions to the State Secretariat, which is now working on it.

Specifically, I think it is possible to recognize the authenticity of the first apparitions as proposed by the cardinal commission. Ruini. Besides, it is difficult to get another verdict, because it is difficult to believe that six seers will lie for 36 years. What they say is consistent. There are no people haunted or mentally disturbed. The powerful argument for the authenticity of the apparitions is

Faithfulness to the doctrine of the Church.

If the revelations, and at least the first seven, will be recognized, this will be a tremendous stimulus for Medjugorje.

Would your Archbishop's diocese recommend a trip to Medjugorje?

Of course. I would say that it is a pilgrimage of spiritual transformation, conversion and consolidation of faith - because all these elements are realized there.

Thank you for the interview.