Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By maryannlucy
my heart will triumph means that it is yet to happen, we don't know the details and can only imagine what it is by the messages we have been given and to a lesser degree, the testimony of the Fatima visionaries and the Medjugorje ones. I don't think speculating is wrong because it may give someone an incentive to fast or pray when they don't feel like doing so. If I thought the time of grace would end next year, I would be more inclined to fast and pray than if I thought the time of grace would end in 2021. Do you remember the June 2, 2017 message where Our Lady said that we have reached a turning point and to be ready?
By bluecross
The uncertainties in life. :)

I have always found that when I come across something I can’t get my head around then, in God’s time, he will supply the answer; that’s if I am meant to know. And sometimes that can take years.

As johntt said:
I think Catholics tend to want everything neatly packaged and easily understood. Understanding God's works is not always (or even often) that easy.
The knowledge i have now is imperfect... (1 Corinthians 13:12)
By Maryh
All of this speculation reminds me of the quote by C.S Lewis:
“I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”

― C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
Many people will refuse to accept that they may not have the answer and will
keep flogging the topic to within an each of its life. (I'm one of these people! :wink: )
In a way; i can see similarities in the way people approach the visionaries as these mysterious 'gurus' that must have all the answers, & the way people approached Jesus too- I can imagine some of the parables Jesus spoke about drove some folk nuts because the dots weren't placed really tightly together, and they were still left with so much room for 'doubts'. Maybe all the questions in the end helps our faith to grow?
Just a thought.
By Medjugorjeprayers
As was pointed out by Johntt and others here, Marija's statement was said in reference to the 100 year anniversary of Fatima which is a major event in itself... Why wouldn't such a significant anniversary be the start of a new chapter for Medjugorje?

I believe that what Prodigals says about the unseen going on behind the scenes is true, but I also believe that what Marija said will become evident soon to all the faithful... This coming from a simple minded layperson, not a well learned theologian....
By bluecross
will become evident soon to all the faithful
That word ‘soon’ again. :)
from a simple minded layperson, not a well learned theologian....
I doubt there a was a well-learned theologian among the 12 Jesus chose to be his apostles. Yet they lived in his presence, knew him, but did not always understand.

The light comes from God, made visible through Christ and the Holy Spirit.

We can be one of those well-learned theologian and profess to have full ‘knowledge’ of the light and all its complexities, but also continue to live in darkness, preferring to use our knowledge of the light to expose the darkness abiding in others, seeing their shadows but unable to see our own shadow when we come face to face with the light.

A priest once said to me: “We are all theologians!” He meant in respect that all of us are created with a knowledge of God and to seek and recognise the nature of the Divine.

St Augustine of Hippo said: "You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in you." He defined theology as "reasoning or discussion concerning the Deity.”

I suppose it can also be said in this regard, scientists too are theologians. They seek to reveal aspects of God’s creation some of us will never understand or ever meant to.
By SaintMark
This is from chapter 30 of Mirjana's book.

"I wish I could divulge more about what will happen in the future, but I can say one thing about how the priesthood relates to the secrets. We have this time that we are living in now, and we have the time of the triumph of Our Lady’s heart. Between these two times we have a bridge, and that bridge is our priests. Our Lady continually asks us to pray for our shepherds, as she calls them, because the bridge needs to be strong enough for all of us to cross it to the time of the triumph. In her message of October 2, 2010, she said, “Only alongside your shepherds will my heart triumph.”

This is the last paragraph.

"This is how I see all the confusion in the world today. This is how I see Our Lady’s apparitions and God’s plan. A truly clean house starts with a big mess. Will you be like most children who stand back while Mom cleans, or will you not be afraid to get your hands dirty and help her? Like Our Lady said in one of her messages, 'I desire that, through love, our hearts may triumph together.' May the triumph of her heart begin with you."
By thebpman
Yes the house is a bit of mess. Maybe it's time for this dad to go fishing. ......
I wish! !!
Is the prayer and fasting going to get the house clean? I reckon it might.