Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By bluecross
It seems that time is running out for the Medjugorje followers who were expecting that the so-called 'secrets' associated with the phenomenon would be announced during the 40th anniversary. The 41st anniversary will be celebrated on June 25.

St Paul wrote in his first letter to the Corinthians: “For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophesying is imperfect; but once perfection comes, all imperfect things will disappear.”

How difficult it is at times to accept the imperfections in this life, especially those we perceive in others and sometimes in ourselves.

Our Lady once said in a message to Mirjana (March 2, 2010): “I will teach you love, love which wipes away all sins and makes you perfect.”

And in a very early message given through Marija, Our Lady said: “I am your mother and I want to lead you to perfect holiness. I want each one of you to be happy here on earth and be with me in heaven. That is, dear children, the purpose of my coming here and my desire.” (May 25, 1987)
By gtc
If you look to how the 40 years has been associated with past biblical events, once the 40 years ended it wasn’t like a magic “poof” and everything was hunky dory. For example, once the 40 years passed to inherit the promised land, they didn’t just march right in and take it. They had to fight for it. It took a while. That might be a clue as to how it will play out here.

What I see happening since the 40 years has taken place are events that seem to hasten what satan is trying to do, not the opposite. The messages also have a different tone. Grace was very often mentioned in the messages throughout the years. Lately, it is more like this:
“God will heed your prayers and give you peace in this peaceless world”
“Little children, do not forget that Satan is strong and that he wants to attract all the more souls to himself. That is why, you be vigilant in prayer and resolute in the good”
“Help me with prayer, little children, that Satan may not prevail. His power of death, hatred, and fear has visited the earth.”
“Dear children! I am listening to your cry and prayers for peace. For years, Satan has been fighting for war. That is why God sent me among you to guide you on the way of holiness, because humanity is at a crossroad.”
“Little children, peace is disturbed and Satan wants peacelessness.”
It appears the time of grace has ended. Where are we now? One message gives a clue:
“Dear children! I am with you in this time of mercy and I am calling all of you to be carriers of peace and love in this world where, through me, little children, God is calling you to be prayer and love, and an expression of Heaven here on earth.”
All these are excerpts from the messages to Marija in the last year.

I also notice one other theme, and that is perseverance. I see this embedded in the messages. This is also mentioned in the many sites I visit that comment about the Medjugorje messages as well as the times we are in. This is not to say it has not been mentioned in the past, but it seems more prevalent lately.

I find it very difficult to see where things are in the world today. That said, it is clear that this battle between good and evil is ongoing and we know how it will end. What we don’t know is what damage will be done on the way, and the messages make it clear the decisions each one of us makes contributes to this. While it is a bit overwhelming to think one of us can make a difference, we are each called to play a role in helping God win this war. It is up to us to seek out what that role is. Collectively, I believe it makes a huge difference.
By maryannlucy
The fruit of her apparitions and messages is that there has not been nuclear war. No nukes have been launched despite all the threats for nuclear war during the 80's, 90's and this year. We must thank the God that people have responded to Our Lady's call to pray and fast for peace.