Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By starbright
I think he was talking to Peter Paul
By xlake78
It is difficult to separate discussions about the apparitions from the sins of this world. Just because a correlation is trying to be made with March 18 and a pro-life issue doesn't necessarily mean this topic should be in the pro-life section. It seems the main topic is still March 18 and it's an interesting connection.
By Nike
It is interesting and is worth knowing...

I am looking forward to having everything brought to the light...especially my own conscience, and where I offend our dear Lord...

Mary
By bluecross
I guess we bring to the forum what is in our heart.

All I am asking is that those who wish to discuss pro-life issues keep to the pro-life section.

I don’t think that is much to ask.

Just lately, pro-life posts have spread throughout the forum, mainly because of the issue raised during the U.S. election.

The forum was not set up specifically to discuss pro-life issues. There are other forums that provide for this.

However, Sean has kindly tried to meet the needs of those who wish to discuss pro-life and so provided a section for this purpose. We should respect Sean for this and respect that others do not wish to have their threads hijacked by pro-life issues.

Respect for life should not stop at the womb.

Personally, I have enough on my plate dealing with my own sinfulness without being reminded of the sins of others, politicians or not.

Hail Mary...
By bluecross
I am looking forward to having everything brought to the light...especially my own conscience, and where I offend our dear Lord...
Nike... Then I guess you will be in the line for confession with the rest of this weekend? :)

Hail Mary...
By Nike
Yes Bluecross, you bet I will...

Confession is an invention of Love.....
By bluecross
Yes Bluecross, you bet I will...
Glad to hear it. :)

How do you examine your concience? (probably best if you post any response to this question on a new thread in Miscellaneous).

Hail Mary...
By Medjugorje18.3.05
I praying this cause this is what is in my heart.

I confess to almighty God,
and to you,
my brothers and sisters,
that I have sinned through my own fault,
in my thoughts and in my words,
in what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;
and I ask blessed Mary,
ever virgin,
all the angels and saints,
and you,
my brothers and sisters,
to pray for me to the Lord our God.
Amen.
7 Our Father
7 Hail Mary
7 Glory Be
Our Lady Queen of Peace pray for us
AMEN

God Bless
roonie

Hail Mary
By Nike
Roonie, You are beautiful.....

Bluecross,

This is an odd question, but as you wish...

Assuming a properly formed conscience..(can be updated if lacking)

Using the 10 commandments and the W's Who what where why with whom....and knowing my own personality and tendencies....it is pretty much there...

a nightly exam is always present before me.....can keep one awake sometimes....

And you?
By Medjugorje18.3.05
Can I use Our Lady word.?

" I AM BEAUTIFUL CAUSE I LOVE" :oops: :oops:

thanks Nikely , you make my day. 1 Hail Mary for you

roonie
By Nike
That is it...You love, and love invites, and draws it's likeness to itself.

Thank you too Roonie
By Peter Paul
Any thoughts about why this date (March 18th) is the day for the annual apparition?
By bluecross
Looks like we have come full circle on this question:

The thread started with Credo asking the same question over two years ago.
Any comments or personal insights regarding the significance of March 18?
I guess that time has not made any of us any wiser. :)
By Patriciadonovan
:lol: deleted post.

God Bless everyone on this thread.
Last edited by Patriciadonovan on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By sam_medjugorje
The significance of march 18th, is very easy and clear for me!

March 18th is out from any feast of the liturgical year of the Catholic Church.
So, the significance is inside the date! Very easy! This date will be a liturgical feast, after the time of the secrets!

Now...the question: why God chosen March 18th?

Because March 18th is

77th day of the year and 7 days before Annunciation of the Vergin Mary (march 25th!!!) :D

You don't need any word about the significance of 7 number for our religion :wink:
By Saint James the Less
777, now that's really interesting. Just like The Blessed Virgin asked the visionaries and the parish to pray 7 Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be. This was the very first spiritual exercise she asked for, and the parish has prayed those prayers ever since.

Today I also found out that March 18th 1965 - the exact date of Mirjana's birth - also plays a part in the so-called Hercegovina Case, the age-old strife between the Franciscans and the secular clergy (that is: the Bishop). On that very day Rome issued a document on the case to both sides of the conflict. However, many documents (very many, indeed...) have been issued in this long and sad saga, so it might be just a coincidence.
By motherofthreeangels
LittleRed wrote:Your words ring so true Bluecross, but sometimes I look around me and what I see and hear in the media and just what I see when I turn on the television makes me believe in order to cleanse this world of all the sinfulness, God does need to send chastisements in order to purify this world.....So many people ignore God....so many do not want to live according to His Laws, His Words.....And as some of the visionaries have mentioned(I thought I had read this...someone please correct me if I am wrong), it is inevitable that some or all the chastisements will occur because not everyone will change by the time the first secret is revealed....

Purification needs to take place in order to restore this world to what it really should be all along...filled with God`s Laws and God`s Love.....But that is my opinion.....but I do understand what you are trying to convey Bluecross, but I just happen to believe we need the chastisements in order to get back on track with Our God because not all in this world will change of their own doing.....

Bless, Sharon
Sharon,
I agree with what you say completely. While I do think about many of these things at times, I also believe that I should just pray, believe and trust in God, and I will be able to handle whatever comes along. It's amazing how there are certain things that I just don't fret over anymore. Some have said it is age and maturity, but, I believe it is my exponential increase in faith and love for our Lord and His Mother. God bless all of you as we watch what is happening in our world today, and may all of us keep our world in our prayers.
By Patriciadonovan
Peter Paul wrote:Credo said:
In the apparitions of Garabandal, the first and last messages for the world were given on October 18, 1961 and June 18, 1965, respectively. Likewise, in Lourdes there were a total of 18 apparitions.
Sometimes I wonder if this is merely a coincidence... or, if it all has some deeper significance.
The October 18 apparition at Garabandal warns of a chastisement...
"
We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. If we do not, a Chastisement will befall us. The cup is already filling up and if we do not change, a very great Chastisement will come upon us."
At Fatima in 1917 Our Lady warned that Russia would spread her errors throughout the world. On October 18, 1920, Russia became the first nation in history to legalize abortion. This error has certainly spread throughout the world. The third secret of Fatima warns of a chastisement of fire...
"We saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand… it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendor that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand. Pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: 'Penance, Penance, Penance!
This chastisement by fire resurfaces again in the approved apparitions at Akita in 1973 in the months following the landmark decision Roe V Wade which legalized abortion in the USA...
“As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never have [been] seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms that will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the Bishops, and the Priests.”
http://keepingitcatholic.blogspot.com/2 ... et-of.html
In another approved apparition Our Lady appeared at Guadalupe in 1531. She appeared pregnant in the apparition. She is the patron saint of America. Devotion to her in this apparition brought an end to human sacrifice in America at that time.

As to March 18th.. That is the eve of the feast of St Joseph. He is the patron of the unborn.

Our Lady comes to us now as the Queen of Peace. What is the greatest destroyer of peace in our world today, and therefore in direct opposition to the Queen of Peace? According to Blessed mother Theresa of Calcutta it is abortion.

So try as we may, it is impossible to separate discussions about Our Lady and the scourge of abortion. She is the one warning us about the sins of mankind. Chief among these being abortion (1 Billion deaths worldwide) And the USA has had a great role in spreading this sin across the world.
Did you mention the date of the proclamation of the Archangel Michael on the 18th

Garabandal the date of messages and the miracle of the Host 18th?

John Paul 11 born on the 18th

Sorry if this is repeating what everyone else has already said.

Patricia :oops:
There seem to be four significant date events. Wednesday and Fridays, the second of each month and March 18. In any month in which the 18th falls on a Friday the second will fall on a Wednesday.

This happens in March 2011, 2016, 2022 and 2033.

I would call this my two cents worth; but it is probably not worth that much. I rarely have anything to say that has not already been said so I do not post much. But I appreciate all that is said on this site and read it almost daily.
By leo daly
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are the two official fasting days of the church. I guess Our Lady decided to keep that pattern and make all wednesdays and fridays a fast day.
I used to fast on Mondays and Wednesdays because we'd often have after work drinks on Fridays. Our Lady would know about the packed pubs on Fridays and is probably trying to get people to change their ways.
We could speculate for ages on these patterns.

Cheers
Leo.
By Luna
bluecross wrote:Looks like we have come full circle on this question:

The thread started with Credo asking the same question over two years ago.
Any comments or personal insights regarding the significance of March 18?
I guess that time has not made any of us any wiser. :)
We could speculate for ages on these patterns

I agree with bluecross and Leo.

We could speculate as much as we want, it won't bring us any closer to the question to what and will happen on that or this date.
Therefore I don't like to speculate. What has to come will come.

Only Heaven and the seers of Medjugorje know them and since dates and events are secrets we have to respect that those are secrets and it is not up to us to know them until God allows us to know those events and dates.

Just my 2 cents. :)