Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Pippy
Carla, Judy is right...just keep that peace in your heart NO MATTER WHAT YOU SEE OR HEAR!! :) Certain things must come to pass...but there is always hope and always love! You must keep these two things in the fore front of your life. Do not let the evil one have a foothold in your soul so as to trouble you. He is very good at doing that, isn't he? I would say the St. Michael prayer everytime you feel that fear starting to come into your soul. The angels are right here, IMMEDIATELY to help you...use their aid!! And then I will end with this passage from the Bible..."Be still and know that I am God"...I can't tell you how many times that has calmed my fears in the past! Amen! And Judy, I don't know if you remember abit ago when you teased me about having stock in candles? And I told you I would lit the next one for you and your family...when I did! :D Also, I tend to read Psalm 4 and it makes me feel lots better too! Pippy
By Cartoonistguy
"However, there are many different prophecies which point to something BIG, something horrible, that ony a few will survive. And many who survive may wish they had died.
I think of my children and I cannot accept the future peacefully. I don't know how some of you do it."

I agree. I don't know how we are expected to remain at peace in all of this. NOT...I repeat NOT to suggest my problems are any worse than anyone else's, but I have no income, no real home, my mom has cancer, severe osteoporosis and doesn't always know who I am and my fiancee suffers from depression and anxiety because I can't afford to marry her. And all I have to look forward to is something so awful happening that, if I survive, I'll wish I'd died??? I almost wish that now! I understand the world is full of unrepentant sinners, and God has a right to be angry. If I were God I'd have lost my temper a long time ago. But I sure wish I could see a drop or 2 more compassion and mercy on those who are just trying to get along...and on those who suffer through no fault of their own (the starving children, etc...)
By judy
Again, we must always look at the fact that God has showed us undeniable mercy, He gave us the Son, who gave His Life!
We don't even deserve that! But He will ALWAYS be there for us and I do not want to diminish any one's suffering, but as bad as it can be sometimes, we must not lose sight of what is to come! That is the hope, thae love of our Father to bring us Home.What can be better than that? Not this life on earth, not the worldly things that we should not attach to. To live in glorified bodies and sing Alleluia always....Beam me up!
Just a few quick thoughts. Let's face it Liberation Theology is Marxism. We here in the states are being bombarded by liberalism, feminism, etc. Do we not include these "isms" as components of communism? We often think we live in a Democracy, however, our laws are being destroyed by Supreme Court Justices who are legalizing the taking of our homes and property, removing the 10 commandments and nativity scenes from public property, and removing the name of God from our schools and our children's graduations. Is it not right in front of our face and what are we going to do about it? I believe Our Lady wants this country for herself. We've been given great graces. If 10 percent of the population would offer the daily rosary for this great nation, would she abandon us? I don't think so. The problem is life has become complicated, fast-paced and slowly we are being lulled to sleep with a false peace. Has anyone heard of the recent military exercises between Russia and China? Personally,I think its already here. I was just reading in Garabandal magazine the similaraties between Fatima and Garabandal and it said that in Fatima Our Lady came to warn the world to pray to convert Russia or she would spread her errors throughout the world and in Garabandal she came to tell the world that without change Russia would rule the world. In Fatima Our Lady told Lucia that through the collegial consecration Russia would be converted and at Garabandal Our Lady said as a result of the Great Miracle Russia will be converted. In the end Our Lady will Triumph!
By puddyhuston
Carla do not worry please, I was very like you before Easter when this website was so full of what bad things could happen on Holy Thursday and afterwards. The 3 dark days prophecy frightened me so much but Our Lady never mentioned it. Being a Catholic for 56 years I had never heard of it before, so it shows the church does not talk about it at all as I went to Mass all my life. I had a full Catholic education all through school to 18 and never heard of it .
I was very scared before Easter for my kids not being proper believers or going to church and wanted them to convert quickly but it never happened.

It caused me great worry and I told a Medjugorje friend in Wales and she said "fear does not come from Our Lady" that was after the message that was a bit scarey I think in March, but now I feel great after the beautiful merssage we had last Sunday.
Our Lady will look after us and our families if we pray the Rosary whatever the secrets are, after all she said the Rosary can stop wars and natural disasters so I am not fearful anymore. Just ask her to help you every day and ask the Holy Sprit to come upon you.
God Bless
Stella
By Spera
cjmg - you said:
I think of my children and I cannot accept the future peacefully.

One of the visionaries (I think it was Marijana) said that Mary told her "the more children, the better". That sounds pretty hopeful to me.

I think we really don't know what to expect about the future since the world is going to change in a way that is beyond our imaginations. Even good things can be scary, as in how scared the visionaries were when they first saw Mary. Wasn't Ivan so afraid he ran to his room and hid out there all night, because he realized his sins? Change and new things can be scary for us even when they're good. We really don't know what to expect but we know we'll be prepared if we follow the messages.

Cartoonistguy- I can empathize with you! My husband and I had to put our engagement on hold for over a year because he couldn't find a job. It was very humbling for him, trying to get even entry level work and being rejected. Actually, even worse than that was going on in our lives at the time, but it's too personal to talk about. It was a tough time, but it passed, and your tough time is temporary too. I'll definately keep you in my prayers.

Angelica- it really does breaks my heart what is happening in our country. It's like little by little, God is being chipped away.
By Cartoonistguy
Cartoonistguy- I can empathize with you! Actually, even worse than that was going on in our lives at the time, but it's too personal to talk about.

"....I wish I could have followed that train of thought. Unfortunately, I've babbled like a flooding brook."

It was a tough time, but it passed, and your tough time is temporary too.

"...15 years, now....kind of getting ready for temporary to be over! Thanks for your prayers, you have mine. I've read many times that Mary has said rosaries can stop wars, even natural disasters. I guess that's why I keep wondering why rosaries can't open a door or stop my mom from crumbling. I do my best...I know it's far from good enough. Maybe that's it."
By cjmg
Thanks, everyone, for your replies and words of comfort and encouragement. I will try to be better about this. It is difficult, though, because I just wish my children could just have a normal life on this earth (a faith-filled life, if I have any say about it!) and then at a ripe old age, go to Heaven!! So simplistic, I know!

That still may happen, but I think they will see tribulations unlike any seen for a long time.

Do you every wonder what someone who does not believe would think if they ever read some of our posts? Some think nothing catastrophic will EVER happen, and those who do are crazy. I am surrounded by many like this. I do not think we are crazy though, because actual MIRACLES and many, many conversions have happened on account of the miracle at Medj. I don't believe JUST because of the miracles, but it helps to realize miracles still happen every day...and to believe in Medj. is to believe in ALL of the messages. That is what I tell myself when I want to turn away from it all in fear.
By judy
Carla,
We are all normal, it is everyone else that is nuts!But, I can answer that, because I do try to talk to others about it and I have watched others do it....my nickname was 'chicken little' for a while.People know the truth, they just don't want to hear it.

On the other part, regarding your kids....think about this. All the visionaries know what is to come and yet they all proceeded to live a life where they had children.We never know what is to be.Live your life, do your best to lead them and give the rest to God.Pray to trust like Our Blessed Mother did. Freely and glady. Trust God,always. Only satan gives us a spirit of fear.
God Bless You.
By Spera
Cartoonistguy - Sorry, I meant that the finding a job thing is temporary. I didn't mean to refer to your Mom's suffering that way. I haven't had to deal with anything like that yet in my life so I can't relate too well, but your frustration is definately understandable.
I don't think you're babbling. We are all friends here!
It is difficult, though, because I just wish my children could just have a normal life on this earth (a faith-filled life, if I have any say about it!) and then at a ripe old age, go to Heaven!! So simplistic, I know!

cjmg - It's funny because sometimes I feel just the opposite. My kids are often made fun of at school (not just them, it's kind of universal), and sometimes I just can't wait for the warnings to start so the kids will be nicer to each other! I know bad things will then come after that, but for some reason, I don't worry too much about it. I can't really explain why. Maybe it depends on how happy we are at the moment.
By Angelica
I, too, have been afraid of the future, but Our Lady always assures us not to fear and if we pray there is nothing to fear. What I feel is frightening is going on the way we are, away from God, pushing Him out of our lives. It is not easy raising 4 children in these times (17 to 5 yrs old) and giving them a good, balanced view of things and a faith. Ultimately, it is their decision to choose good or evil, God or the devil. Unlike times past even society does not support moral values and everyday there is an attack on our families and that is why we must pray for those who do not as yet know God. How much more Blessed are we who have been chosen to go to Medjugorje and have the opportunity to change our lives now and be prepared for the warnings and ultimately for whenever we are called from here ( could be in the next 5 minutes)! Keep that rosary in your hands!
By starbright
I agree that we are blessed because we have the chance to change our lives and really work to get close to God, to have the protection of Our Lady, to save souls and pray for peace.

Carla, you know, I am scared too but also in some strange way I am hopeful at the same time. I try not to think of the worst things I fear because I might be worrying about a load of things that aren't going to happen. I think that I could cope with death as long as it isn't in a horrible way but quick, and I have our dear Lord to look forward to in the everlasting life afterwards

You are not alone in your fears. I think that the other people on this forum (who are holy for sure by what they have said here) I think that they are right: pray, do what God wants and have no fear, for the angels are right next to us and God is closer than kissing

The courage and faith of all of you has me very impressed :shock:
By alexjd_20
Um...im a bit confused when LittleRed talks about the "end times" she says that everything will cease to exist and and that the times that we live in wont be no more...im a bit confused on that part does it mean were going to die or something??..im sorry if im asking a dumb question im just confused....also isnt anyone a bit worried about that new mechanical chip thingy that their supposed to insert in your body...im a bit worried and scared because it might be made mandatory by 2008 and i heard that it has the mark of the beast or something like that...the reason why im worried is because if you dont take it you cant buy nothing or sell anything...or drive..or work..or enter certain buildings like banks.etc...and if that does come to pass my life is pretty much ruined...
By starbright
I shouldn't think that it will go as far as that. I don't know about that chip but I think you may be worrying a bit too much over that.
By Pippy
Alex...it will be an end of an era...not the end of the world(or end times)...it just means that the way our society is now(materialism,technology,etc)will come to an end. We will live like in the bibical days(so it may appear). There will be some upheavel but if people turn to God now and lead good lives(pray, love,etc) then the upheavel will be lessened. Then the end of this present day era. I hope I have answered your question. And do not worry about the chip...remember...don't borrow trouble for today. Pippy
By Aud
I like that last line Pippy!

don't borrow trouble for today

Aud
By Spera
I just wanted to add that I liked that line too, Pippy. I'm going to try to remember that. I remember when I was a kid learning the lesson from the Bible about not worrying about tomorrow. But honestly, its been many years later and I'm only just starting to put that into practice, and I'm not completely there yet. I do notice a difference in my state of peace when I only think about today. It changes my whole perspective and I think it frees up my mind so God can work his will more. I'm guessing that it's okay to think about the future, though, because God wants us to be prepared for it (and I'm kind of curious :wink: ). So, anyway, I just wanted to say that was good advice!
By Pippy
Oh...thanks, ladies, but thank Jesus! I was trying to remember the passage in the Bible where He tells us that!!! But my Bible was upstairs and it was late and my feet were not wanting to move!!! But about the fear issue...I too just live in the present like Spera said she does. And I used to get all worried about mankinds' future but I just don't even think that anymore! It must be the peace I feel in my heart that makes it so. I still feel that LOVE is the key to solving everything. Like Mir posted on a different thread(under"Wisdom")..."Love isn't love until it is given away." So true...and that can be shown in so many ways! When at work, just smile and be happy no matter what you are doing. That is giving love away...smiling nicely at people because it comes from your heart...and we all associate hearts with love!! :D Why do all of us keep coming back to the forum? Because there is so much LOVE here...I have browsed through other forums and they are not like this special one!! I thank God that Sean created this forum...and it's title is "Medjugorje" and it is the best one I have seen! But then again, that's Our Mother!!! Pippy
By Cartoonistguy
[quote="Spera"]Cartoonistguy - Sorry, I meant that the finding a job thing is temporary. I didn't mean to refer to your Mom's suffering that way. I haven't had to deal with anything like that yet in my life so I can't relate too well, but your frustration is definately understandable.
I don't think you're babbling. We are all friends here!on how happy we are at the moment.[/quote]

No worries...nor any need to be sorry. I didn't take your message in any wrong way. As for babbling, I still stand ashamed. I'm normally not a problems on my sleeve kind of guy.
By Pippy
Now, Mark...stop being so hard on yourself...we all tend to babble on here...how can one not help it!!!?? Pippy :D
By baabaas
:D Don't worry about it MARK we all over do it sometimes one time I thought I was posting a pm and it ended upn the forum and I said to myself WHAT HAVED ID DONE.

The point is I not only lived through it but I didn't lose credibility either as far as the fear issue I think there is going to be a lot to happen in the way of Natural disasters all we need to is pray harder and more everyday and Mother Mary will have us all conditioned for it.

Dave
By Allen
I'm also curious about the three days of darkness. I've always thought that maybe that was the last secret or something. When Medjugorje seer Mirjana was ask about it. She said that the Blessed Mother had never mentioned three days of darkness. In Mary's message to Melanie in La Salette, she said that there would be not light for three days then the beast and all his followers would descend, etc..
Just curious ... Allen
By baabaas
:D I don't think the visionaries are allowed to say much if anything at all about the devastation of the signs only that its bad. I have heard of it from many other visionaries that Volcanos will erupt all over the Earth and create a darkness I don't have to tell you about the poisonous gases that will come from them.

Here in New Mexico where I live there is one 70 mi. north, another 30 mi. west, and 15 mi. east a small one, I don't know how it is where you are in Tx. but there are a lot of Volcanos here, do you remember hearing about the eight that woke up and became alive in Alaska? According to prophecies made there will even be volcanos in the ocean these are supposed to account for the three days of darkness.

Dave
By starbright
Oh dear this doesn't sound good. I'm going to pray more for the reduction in the severity of the secrets.
By baabaas
:D YOU ME BOTH STAR-YOU AND ME BOTH! :D