Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By thebpman
"The Hidden Child of Medjugorje", Sr Emmanuel

Excelent book!!! People in the US can get it from the Children of Medjugje website, just google the name. People in Australia, Asia and the Pacific can get it from ME!!!!

Leo Daily's own book "Old Testament Prophecies fulfilled by Jesus Christ" is a great little reference book and good for daily scripture reading. You can get it from him. PM him I'm sure he'll be keen to get it out to you.

Peter
By cggirl1984
Hi
I just found this book at my library. Started reading it, not done yet so cant really give a full review. It includes interview conversation between Vicka and Father Janko Bubalo, also has old pics in it.

The back page has an address Order form its from
Friends of Medjugore (not sure if the address in the book is still valid)
c/o Fr. Serafin Vistica, O.F.M
4851 S Drexel Boulevard
Chicago, Illinois 60615

Here is the amazon link.
http://www.amazon.com/Thousand-Encounte ... 975&sr=8-1
By Patriciadonovan
The very first I read was Wayne Weibles 'The Message'

It was on my first pilgrimage to Medjugorje brousing books in book shop, I asked an Italian lady what she would recommend who was also looking around the shop.

Her words " If you start reading this one you wont be able to put it down"

There are so many more books as well as book shops in Medjugorje now since 2005.

Patricia :lol:
By medj_pilgrim
Hello,

There are four books which go back to the early days of the weekly apparitions, and are transcripts of the sermons of that time.

They are:
Open your hearts to Mary, Queen of Peace - known as the grey Book,

Abandon yourselves totally to me, known as the Blue Book,

Pray with your heart, known as the Red book,

I beseech you, listen to my messages and live them, known as the Yellow book.

Unfortunately these are not in print any more, but I have permission to put them online. The first is complete, and I am gradually putting the others onto my website, so feel free to look at them. The website is http://www.gospa.org.uk
By medj_pilgrim
Hello,

I have re-found a website which advertises a book on the messages from Medjugorje - all of them - and has been extended as a website for the later messages. The book is called 'Messages and Teachings of Mary at Medjugorje' compiled by Rene Laurentin and Rene Lejeune, and it is published by the Riehle Foundation. I do not know the price.

The website, which also contains the later messages, right up to the present, can be found at
http://www.medjugorje.eu/messages.

I hope that this is useful - the idea was to make a chronological list from whatever source, noting where they came from, so that as much detail as possible is available to all who want it.
By railpro
I just read "Full Of Grace" by Christine Watkins. I am a notoriously slow reader but ran through this one in less than a week. It has six conversion stories; two of which spent time in the Cenacolo Community for drug addictions. All six had profound experiences in Medjugorje. The last story was that of Christine herself. This was Christine's first book and was a "can't put this book down" book. The stories were so beautiful each one brought tears to my eyes.
By Andy08
I recently read and found extremely interesting a book titled "Our Lady is Alive in Medjugorje" Conversations with Tomislav Vlasic. Published in 2008 post the disciplinary action of the Vatican. He has many inside stories that I have not heard before from the first days and years of the apparitions. You also get his side of the story that led to his dismissal at the end of the book.

Andy

I
By volodymyr
Would you be so kind to tell me where i can download medjugorje video? Not watch,but download...Can you give links?
Thank you!
By Luellen
I just returned from Medjugorje last week and while I was over there I found two excellent books.

Meetings with Fra Jozo - by Sabrina Covic Radojicic - which you can get over here from Amazon

Also do not believe where it says Ivan and Vicka both have 10 secrets in the book 30 Years of Apparitions.
This is not true. and I was present with Ivan when he had his private apparition on August 13,2011.
By J.Farrugia
Dear All, I have never been to Medjugorje and Our Blesssed Mother knows how earnestly I wish to be there. Please pray for me so that if it is God's will, I shall visit this holy shrine. God bless you all.
By Andy08
J.

You'll get there. If you desire to go then you have been invited. Be patient. It took me 23 years to get there.

Peace,

andy
By Andy08
I like the In Medjugorje Our Lady is Alive. 2008 I believe. Interviews with Fr. Tomislav Vlaxij.

andy
Last edited by Andy08 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gullytale
Hello friends

My father's palliative care has been sorted for now and he seems comfortable. He read a lot in the past. Fiction mostly though. He stopped reading ages ago too. He thanks for the least little thing you do for him. I am usually pretty strong in this but am quite fragile at present. He has, family visitors - talks etc. But at times he is alone and I call in and think what I can give him - anything. I think about his reading. But he does not read now. Does anyone know any nice audio books about Our Lady I could buy and download and play for him. Maybe from Medjugorje. I know She is reaching him at this time. I'd read for him but can't right now. I don't want to upset him if I break down or something. I would love a nice book about Our Lady. I have a feeling, sense he would like this to listen to. He is not into television. Nothing too heavy or theological. I am looking around but can't see at present and wondered if someone might know something to recommend. I wanted to get him out of the bed today but he is too tired. Tomorrow God willing. If anyone can think of anything at all I would appreciate that very much.

Thank you

God bless all

K
By Andy08
Mamamary,

I agree. I sent a suggestion to Sean for and ide for a documentary. I'd like to hear from Nicky Eltz, Cathy Falcetto (not sure of her first name) and the doctor who tocuh the Gospa and resigned. They are still around and I am interested in their life. That's just to name a few. Sullivan's book is filled with interesting people. I thought a "where are they now video" and how has their life been would be very interesting. Sean said he thought it was a good idea but he's owrking on a project now. So, we'll see.

Happy Palm Sunday and Easter,

Andy
By TimHaley
Andy ...

Dr. Darinka Glamuzina who touched the Gospa was converted. I understand she now sings in the St. James choir.

Here is her testimony (translated by Google from French to English. The word 'visionaries' is translated to the word 'lights')

Randall Sullivan and Nicky Eltz are both on Facebook.

-Tim
By Andy08
Tim,

Thanks for that article. I have googled her name before without much luck. Her story is very different from what most books say. It's interesting to get the subjective view of the person who had the experience.

Andy
By LizzysMum
It would be just great it this thread could be updated. I'm always looking for good books about Medjugorje.

Thanks!
By LizzysMum
Hi all!

Has anybody here read the books by "A friend of Medjugorje?"

Wondering if we should add those to our potential reading list or stay far, far away...

Thanks! :)
By Andy08
The Gray, Blue, Red, and Yellow books of the early sermons, meditations, and messages can be purchased on amazon (used). They are already mentioned on this thread.

Do a search on amazon with the title and include Medjugorje and used. They are must reads, and rich with inspired sermons based on the messages to the visionaries, but also filled with writings about the prayer group Jelena lead.

I remember getting a newsletter in the 80's (no internet in those days) that suggested praying the Jesus Rosary. I purchased a little book connected to Medjugorje at the time with this devotion included in it. I still have my Jesus Rosary. The gray book describes the renewal of this devotion in Medjugorje through Jelena. It started there with a 1983 locution where Our Lady dictated how to pray this rosary to Jelena. It is the earliest document in this collection.

It seems that many of these early practices have diminished. I'm not sure if that is by accident or design.
All sermons are from 1984. I do not know if these are the earliest writings that came out of Medjugorje, in any case, they are excellent.
The Gray Book is titled: Open Your Hearts to Mary (1984 with some prayers from 1983).

The Blue is titled: Abandon Yourselves Totally to Me (sermons and prayers from 1985)
The Red Book is titled: Pray with Your Heart (sermons from 1985)
The Yellow Book is titled: I Beseech You, Listen to My Messages and Live Them (sermons from 1986)

I realize Tomislav Vlasic has had his troubles, but in these early days his writings seem to be inspired by the Holy Spirit. He was the spiritual director of the prayer group and close to the 11 year old Jelena in those days. His troubles should not cause us to dismiss his thoughts, sermons, and meditations during this period. Father Slavko is well represented in these books as well. I find myself reading them over and over again.

They are a prayer pedagogy of Our Lady. There are a few instances where she gives very specific suggestions to help start us on our road to conversion.

They should be bound in leather and sold throughout Medjugorje. They were originally distributed for free.

Pax,
Andy
By leo daly
Hi Lizzy's Mum. "A friend of Medjugorje" is the leader of the (use discernment when discussing this group) group which is not in favour with the parish. He has come out with some weird stuff.

Hi Andy,
Dr Glamuzina did briefly appear on one of the fairly early Medjugorje videos. I'll have to dig through my collection to find it. But maybe a more detailed interview by Sean would be great.

Cheers
Leo.
By TimHaley
leo daly wrote: Dr Glamuzina did briefly appear on one of the fairly early Medjugorje videos. I'll have to dig through my collection to find it. But maybe a more detailed interview by Sean would be great.
It would be great to get a modern video update of Dr. Glamuzina's testimony. Her role and experiences in the earliest days of the visionaries combined with her total conversion is a very important and powerful witness.
By LizzysMum
Thanks for the book updates!

I didn't know Dr. Darinka Glamuzina converted. I've read only that she reportedly touched the Blessed Mother and then didn't want anything more to do with the communists' investigation.

Can we read about this anywhere on the Internet?