Chat with other believers about Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By MedjAdmin
Today, February 25, 2016, Our Lady appeared to the Medjugorje visionary Marija and gave the following message for the world:

"Dear children! In this time of grace, I am calling all of you to conversion. Little children, you love little and pray even less. You are lost and do not know what your goal is. Take the cross, look at Jesus and follow Him. He gives Himself to you to the death on the cross, because He loves you. Little children, I am calling you: return to prayer with the heart so as to find hope and the meaning of your existence, in prayer. I am with you and am praying for you. Thank you for having responded to my call."
Attachments
medj_message_2_25b.png
medj_message_2_25b.png (788.38 KiB) Viewed 3755 times
By bluecross
This latest message from Our Lady speaks of us not knowing what our goal is in life or the meaning of our existence.

This from the Catechism of the Catholic Church may encourage further thought and prayer.

1719 The Beatitudes reveal the goal of human existence, the ultimate end of human acts: God calls us to his own beatitude. This vocation is addressed to each individual personally, but also to the Church as a whole, the new people made up of those who have accepted the promise and live from it in faith.

2566 Man is in search of God. In the act of creation, God calls every being from nothingness into existence. “Crowned with glory and honor,” man is, after the angels, capable of acknowledging “how majestic is the name of the Lord in all the earth.” Even after losing through his sin his likeness to God, man remains an image of his Creator, and retains the desire for the one who calls him into existence. All religions bear witness to men's essential search for God.

2567 God calls man first. Man may forget his Creator or hide far from his face; he may run after idols or accuse the deity of having abandoned him; yet the living and true God tirelessly calls each person to that mysterious encounter known as prayer. In prayer, the faithful God’s initiative of love always comes first; our own first step is always a response. As God gradually reveals himself and reveals man to himself, prayer appears as a reciprocal call, a covenant drama. Through words and actions, this drama engages the heart. It unfolds throughout the whole history of salvation.
In a very early Medjugorje message (July 3, 1986) Our Lady made it very clear that: “Without prayer, dear children, you are not able to experience either God, or me or the graces which I am giving you.”

The call to prayer is the constant feature of Our Lady’s messages...
bluecross wrote:The call to prayer is the constant feature of Our Lady’s messages...
And consistent prayer is something that I personally struggle with so this persistent theme from Mary is exactly what I need - over and over again...