Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By starbright
I have a question about EWTN

I take it that it is a Catholic or general Christian tv station?

I asked about it before and someone posted an address in the UK to write to to get it.

I did take down the address but now can't seem to find it.

So if it was you who posted the address, please please post it again here so that I can get EWTN

By the way, what does EWTN stand for please?

Many thanks
By Aud
Starbright, EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) is a television station. You can access their website at www.ewtn.com or www.ewtn.org

It is a Catholic Network available to Cable & Satellite.
By starbright
Thanks, Aud

Let's see if anyone posts the UK address...
By Pippy
I bet Stella would know!!! Pips
By starbright
The website gives addresses in America and in Canada, so I could always contact them there with my question - they would surely know the GB address!

I'm going to ask them how to get it on satellite over here - I'm going to get free satellite (for those who don't know, here the tv is all going digital and you either have to get freeview, cable or satellite. Well, freeview is cheapest but it doesn't work in my location so I'm going to go for free satellite) Basically I'm going to ask them if I can get it with free sat. and how to go about it
By Guest
Hi Starbright.
Sorry I just found this question :oops: below is a copy of my first posting about EWTN. I will pm you with this information, to be sure you pick it up.
Blessings. Mags

if you want a hotbird satallite dish instaled, the people to contact are:-
St Clare Media, (EWTN) LTD, Po box 913, Enfield, EN2 OWY or email
info@stclaremedia-ewtn.co.uk
By starbright
Thanks Mags. I found your pm about it and replied
By buckley
um its mostly catholic, they refer to the station as catholic television and unless im mistaken none of the people who host a show are protestant.

now that we're on the EWTN topic, who thinks mother angelica will receive saint hood after her death? i do personally
By starbright
Thanks Buckley. It does sound a special tv station.
By judy
regarding ewtn

It is a Catholic network, but many other religions watch it.It is very informative and a good way to grow in the faith.
One show in particular that is helpful for people is "Coming Home" because it explores the journey that many Protestant Ministers and Jewish Rabbis have taken when they devoted time to studying scripture, and how it inevitably leads to the pilgrim Christian Church on earth.

God Bless
By starbright
Sounds fascinating. When I've sorted out my broadband the next little project is sorting out satellite telly