Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By Guest
I took this off of Spirit Daily...I can`t believe what some people will do...

New Mexico City Sued over Cross Logo
CBNNews.com

CBN.com – A New Mexico city is being sued to force removal of three crosses from the city's logo.

The name of the town, Las Cruces, literally translates as “The Crosses.”

Paul Weinbaum and Martin Boyd of Las Cruces, who filed the lawsuit in federal court last year, allege the emblem violates the separation of church and state by promoting religion.

The lawsuit also accuses Las Cruces of violating the civil rights act by requiring prospective employees to sign job applications that include the logo.

City manager Terrence Moore said Las Cruces has spent more than $16,000 defending itself against the lawsuit.

The trial is set to begin in November.

I just can`t believe the pettiness of some people :? ...If they don`t like the name of the town, maybe they should move...
By LittleRed
Sorry, forgot to sign in :? ...that was me who posted the article...Bless, Sharon
By buckley
oh yeah in new orleans this parish built a giant statue to commemorate the people who died and on it there is a giant crucifix and the atheists demanded it get taken down...to bad its on private property and spent with the churches money :)
By starbright
This is not quite the same but similar

There's a debate over here about whether any religious schools should be allowed or if all schools should be separate from religious beliefs. At the moment there are schools for C of E, for Catholic, for Muslim, Jewish schools, etc.

In France, school and religion have to stay separate. They won't even allow muslim girls to wear their headdress, even though there's no school uniform over there. They argue that it is promoting a religious ideal and this goes against the French school system.
By leo daly
What next ?
Rename Sacramento because it refers to the Blessed Sacrament.
Rename Los Angeles because it refers to angels.
Glad I live in Australia. Land of freedom.

Cheers
Leo.
By buckley
isnt 52% of australia atheistic?