Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

By quintincastillo
leo daly wrote:What is that sign on the front of the church ?
Cheers
Leo.
Oh, its church's the 100th anniversary banner- the theme is "Remember, Rejoice, Renew" :)
By heavens ray
Pandora wrote:Today I unexpectantly received a new rosary that was blessed by Pope Benedict. And I have this idea and would like to know what you think. I thought it would be nice if I donated this rosary to the forum and we could let it travel to each of us who signs on? Everyone could keep it maybe for 2 weeks and then send it on. We could use this rosary to pray especially for all the forum members, their intentions and of course those of our Blessed Mother! What do you think?
wow sounds great...how would you set that up though?
By Pandora
heavens ray wrote:
Pandora wrote:Today I unexpectantly received a new rosary that was blessed by Pope Benedict. And I have this idea and would like to know what you think. I thought it would be nice if I donated this rosary to the forum and we could let it travel to each of us who signs on? Everyone could keep it maybe for 2 weeks and then send it on. We could use this rosary to pray especially for all the forum members, their intentions and of course those of our Blessed Mother! What do you think?
wow sounds great...how would you set that up though?
Well, it's working great so far! I don't know if you have read through this thread yet but the rosary has already been to Germany, the UK, Ireland, Canada, it has traveled across the United States and is now on its way to Australia! :D
By heavens ray
this sounds so amazing...id love to pray my holy souls prayers on the rosary...there must be a long waiting list though? :cry:

i think you are super kind to do this..its so generous to share something so precious so everybody can enjoy it...plus it will be charged up spiritually with all the prayers of everybody who prays on it so it will be so holy :)

god bless you
By Pandora
Are you in the US? I will put you on the list when I get back from my trip.
By Mt. Carmel
Still waiting eagerly, but also patiently, here in the UK as well.

Karen, I don't think it should cost that much to post it on - if you have 'problems' PM me and we'll sort something out.
ps. You [and your family] are being prayed for among some special 'prayer warriors' in my parish.

Peace and Love.
By OnASpiritualJourney2
karen hawkins wrote:I was wondering if cost's much money to send the rosary on to it's next destination after your 2wks with it are up?
The package is light, so it's not expensive to mail.
By karen hawkins
I have been thinking for a long time if I should ask to be put on the list or not,I don't have much ambition to pray even though I have so many reason's I need prayer.So I have decided that maybe receiving the rosary will bring me the grace I need to perservere in prayer.I don't know what I could add to the package my parish is not a cathedral like some of you attend so no amazing picture's like some have added.It is just with everything such a mess for me right now I was thinking the prayer's and blessing's attached to this rosay could only help and my family and we need all the help we can get.
By BobMcCall
Karen, I think you should get the rosary for what it will give to you - not for what you can give to it. If you feel like you should add something, if you like, you can just add a hand written note or a little card. Bob
By leo daly
The Rosary is on it's way to me. I could forward it to Karen if no one has been already been nominated

Cheers
Leo.
By karen hawkins
I am sorry to say but with easter in april and jack's b-day on may 11,mark's on may 12 I don't think I should recieve the rosary right now due to cost of sending it on (not a lot I know) but I don't have two dimes to rub together right now.So I just have to wait, but in the mean time if you could add me to your prayer's when you recieve the rosary I would appreciate it.Thanks
By bushbaby
I think Francis86 is next on the last after you, Leo. And then it's me!!! Can't wait.
By bushbaby
karen hawkins wrote:I am sorry to say but with easter in april and jack's b-day on may 11,mark's on may 12 I don't think I should recieve the rosary right now due to cost of sending it on (not a lot I know) but I don't have two dimes to rub together right now.So I just have to wait, but in the mean time if you could add me to your prayer's when you recieve the rosary I would appreciate it.Thanks
Karen, the rosary is due to come to me within the next few weeks and I will certainly add you in to my prayers. I'm sure there will be an opportunity to send the rosary to you later, and maybe it will be easier for you then.
By quintincastillo
The way I see it, struggles and trials become harder as your faith in God grows. This, I believe, is because satan knows he is losing and is desperately trying to discourage you even more.

Keep the faith, you have God on your side- nothing is impossible with Him and I know first-hand that He never-ever fails. :)

On a lighter note, as much as I want to visit Australia economically, I couldn't make myself fit in the parcel with the rosary! Someday, I'll find a way to make it there...
By puddyhuston
I would like to go on the Rosary list next time it is over in the UK please
I live near Julia so we could maybe meet up to exchange the Rosary
thanks
Stella
By leo daly
I''m still waiting for the Rosary, I can't remember who was sending it to me.
My address is
Leo Daly
12/153 Burns Bay Rd
Lane Cove 2066
NSW
Australia.

I'm getting worried.
By quintincastillo
It appears to be still in transit. I looked up the tracking info at usps.com- I'd say give it another week.

Label/Receipt Number: LC12 5894 761U S
Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was processed through and left our JAMAICA, NY 11430 facility on March 22, 2011 at 7:19 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
Detailed Results:
Processed through Sort Facility, March 22, 2011, 7:19 am, JAMAICA, NY 11430
Processed through Sort Facility, March 21, 2011, 9:29 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07099
Acceptance, March 21, 2011, 12:26 pm, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07302

leo daly wrote:I''m still waiting for the Rosary, I can't remember who was sending it to me.
My address is
Leo Daly
12/153 Burns Bay Rd
Lane Cove 2066
NSW
Australia.

I'm getting worried.
By leo daly
Well it's red letter day for me (well red package actually). It has just arrived I haven't opened it as I was on my way to work. When I get home I'll take a photo and post for those who haven't seen it yet.
Cheers
Leo.