Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

In an article that I read posted on the website Spirit Daily, Mary told a Nicaraguan male who she visited, and to whom the Lord paid a visitation to through her presence, and who eventually became a Catholic priest, by the name of Father Bernardo Martinez, that Jesus did not like prayers made in a rush or ones that were recited mechanically. That is exactly what I suspected also through a hunch from within myself, as I thought instinctively that the way that most Christians--both Protestants and Catholics was wrong.

In my opinion, Protestants pray way too fast in a non-holy, non-reverential, way, and Catholics pray too mechanically, in too much of a rote, too much by habit, too much not-by-the-heart, way.

I think that, translated into everyday life, what Mary means is that Jesus wants us to pray from the heart, as she's said before, not just in a "positive" way, but in a sincere, genuine, way as well. In a loving, childlike, pure, "nice guy", way. Or like a humble unpretentious innocent child, Jesus said this as recorded in the Four Gospels: to "...accept the kingdom of Heaven like a child...".

What Mary told Father Martinez confirms what I originally suspected inside myself in my gut the whole time, and proves to me that the way most Christians do things is wrong, and that if we don't wake up and change our ways soon, and in a serious way, that we won't be able to slow down the End of the World or get into the Kingdom of Heaven, and we will be destroyed.

We should try to pray in the way that Jesus wants. After all, if we pray but don't pray in the way that Jesus wants, we will not be obeying God, and we will not be doing His Will, and then God won't listen to, accept, or grant our prayers, so what would be the point of praying?

Here is the webpage address for any of you who want to read the article yourself:http://www.spiritdaily.org/blog/apparit ... e-archives
Last edited by AnonymousObservor on Fri May 20, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.