Discuss various subjects, including Church topics and world events, through the lens of Medjugorje.

Moderators: TimHaley, MedjAdmin, Management

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective
James 5:16

THIS!
I know the sacrament of reconciliation is extremely important for us to acknowledge our wrong doings & to receive the forgiveness of God, & to try to 'get right' with God.
Tell the priest in a dark room, without even having to look him in the eye; Say 3 hail Mary's for 'penance' & off you go like it's supposedly never happened & all is forgiven.
Still all is not always well.
I also think we need to confess our sins to each other! Especially for the sake of relationships that can often be broken by
our sins.
Point being; there's no chance of reconciliation unless people can humble themselves and acknowledge the ways they've hurt others.
I don't think there's enough instruction on this!
People are let off the hook, when maybe they shouldn't be.
I think some people can misuse the sacrament of reconciliation; they use it almost as some kind of fall back plan or licence to continue
their sin without ever having to make amends & continue to treat others in an abhorrent and dismal manner.
They're like, well its all between me and God. Only God can judge me. etc.